Reagor over Jefferson

Philthy Jawn

7 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

It's funny because if you go back 10 years, the Eagles hardly wanted to keep older players around once they hit 30.. Now, it's the complete opposite.

Well everyone cried over Dawkins so now we have this problem. Dawkins wasn't saving this team from what happened now we are paying for it

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well everyone cried over Dawkins so now we have this problem. Dawkins wasn't saving this team from what happened now we are paying for it

I think some of it, too  is that Howie is probably seeing how bad his drafting is and now he is hoping that old vets have a little juice left to disguise his flaws.  He isn't finding ways to trade for young players like he did about 5 to 10 years ago.

27 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Some of the moves are easy though. Guys like DJax, Jeffery, Malik Jackson and Peters are no brainer moves.  They can even move Ertz who has contributed nothing this year.  I think they could even consider trading Cox at this point.  I think they should draft a guard high in the draft. Maybe you trade Brooks who has had two major injuries.

Peter's contract doesn't carry over to 2021 so that's good.  They just need to move on. I think they keep Cox because his savings is only 2.8 million.  It jumps to 10.6 million after next year. You're right about Djax and Alshon.  They are gone. Barnett has a huge 5th year option at 10 million.  They need to consider not picking it up and drafting a replacement. They made that mistake with Agholor.  Ertz will be tough to see go but Goedert will fill in just fine. It will be interesting for sure. 

1 hour ago, Road to Victory said:

I wanted Reagor over Jefferson because of fit only. I thought Jefferson had a higher floor but a lower ceiling than Reagor. Jefferson seemed more of a luxury pick because he’s more of a slot guy. The Eagles really needed an outside WR. 

But he's not exclusively a slot guy.  That was a misconception.  

16 minutes ago, Philthy Jawn said:

True, he played both inside and outside in college but a majority of his plays were inside. 

This tread is way too early. Ya it looks like a huge mistake right now but the QB is trash and the offensive play calling is even worse. I am not ready to call the Reagor selection a mistake.

8 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

It's funny because if you go back 10 years, the Eagles hardly wanted to keep older players around once they hit 30.. Now, it's the complete opposite.

Unless human physiology changed in the last few years...this topic belongs under Stupid GM Howie

8 hours ago, Philthy Jawn said:

I think the issue for the Eagles was that I think Jefferson can be an outside guy but he required good coaching at the NFL level to succeed there. And the issue I think is that this team has not had good WR coaching for a few years now.

If Wentz wasn’t playing like a bottom 5 QB, Reagor would be looking so much better.  He’s playing well, just not getting many opportunities. He had a chance for a HUGE play when he was wide open on the pick 6. Easy completion for at least a first down, and if Reagor can make one man miss he’s got a long way to run. 

He did make a real nice catch in trafffic for a first down, showed some good strength to fight for the ball and haul it in. I’m still extremely high on him. And I don’t think Jefferson would be looking anywhere close to what he’s been doing in Minny if he was here. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think the issue for the Eagles was that I think Jefferson can be an outside guy but he required good coaching at the NFL level to succeed there. And the issue I think is that this team has not had good WR coaching for a few years now.

I think the issue for the Eagles is the only question they asked was "who's the fastest guy available where we pick" I guarantee you do a poll that literally every other GM looking for a WR where we picked was taking Jefferson, his college resume was better in a better conference.

Reagor may well turn out to be a good receiver, but Jefferson is on pace to be an upgrade on Stefon Diggs, as a rookie.

2 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I think the issue for the Eagles is the only question they asked was "who's the fastest guy available where we pick" I guarantee you do a poll that literally every other GM looking for a WR where we picked was taking Jefferson, his college resume was better in a better conference.

Reagor may well turn out to be a good receiver, but Jefferson is on pace to be an upgrade on Stefon Diggs, as a rookie.

But if Jefferson was on this team, in this offense with this QB, do you really think he’d be anywhere close to what he’s been in Minnesota? I don’t. 

Reagor has had two severe handicaps this year, named Wentz and Pederson. 

5 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Thing is... They wanted a fast guy because they wanted to stretch the field... And now they have him they aren't using him in that way! I mean what a mess.

7 minutes ago, nipples said:

But if Jefferson was on this team, in this offense with this QB, do you really think he’d be anywhere close to what he’s been in Minnesota? I don’t. 

Reagor has had two severe handicaps this year, named Wentz and Pederson. 

I think fundamentally he's a better receiver, Travis Fulgham has shown that receivers can make yards as has Richard Rodgers, I think he'd have been more productive than Reagor, who is definitely slower than advertised.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Thing is... They wanted a fast guy because they wanted to stretch the field... And now they have him they aren't using him in that way! I mean what a mess.

I agree but with the eye test Reagor does not seem all that fast to me. Maybe the offence is such a mess that's why he does not stand out. Maybe it's just me. I don't see the  wow factor with him which I hoped I would.

14 hours ago, Philthy Jawn said:

Yeah I remember hearing that crap saying he can only play in the slot.....what a load of crap he's playing all over the field. 

REagor was this GM wanting to be the smartest person in the room. Fact is, most mock drafts had Reagor as a late 1st or 2nd round receiver. Everyone was pretty much on board that Ruggs, Judy and Lamb were the 3 best receivers in this draft and then there was another group but Jefferson was the one who was next in line. That was just stupid and fans will continue to make excuses for Roseman and Reagor may end up being a good player but fact is it wasn't a smart pick. Especially for a team that's missed on receivers time and time again. 

I don't recall seeing any fans who hated the Reagor pick or said he would be a bad player or a bust.  I think the fans said he was going to be a decent player, it's just that fans wanted to get a star and they got a guy that probably will be pretty good.   

Sometimes the Eagles take a guy that's just ok or a consistent starter and then front office apologists will argue it's not a bad pick...but the issue is sometimes in who they didn't take.  And that's not hindsight after seeing their NFL career, it's based on draft weekend reaction on the top prospects.  It's kind of like they need a TD in the draft and the best they can do is settle for a FG.  Sure, the 3 points are nice but you really want that 7 points.  

I would say if we had of picked Jefferson it would represent the opposite energy of 2016. So it's understandable why they didn't. I'm cool with the selections. Give it time.

I think folks are underestimating just how good Jefferson is.  And it's not like the Vikings are world-beaters.  At this point, our hope is that Reagor will be as good as Jefferson.  That's the point that we've reached, and I think a lot of folks here are overlooking that.

What's also frustrating is that we could have drafted both receivers, as Reagor was projected as a second-round pick.  Brian Baldinger was on the radio recounting a phone call that he received from the Vikings FO, who contacted to ask why we took Reagor, whom they had evaluated as a much lower pick.

3 hours ago, Philthy Jawn said:

I think folks are underestimating just how good Jefferson is.  And it's not like the Vikings are world-beaters.  At this point, our hope is that Reagor will be as good as Jefferson.  That's the point that we've reached, and I think a lot of folks here are overlooking that.

I think it is way too early to be saying we need to hope Reagor can be as good as Jefferson. Let's give it time and chances within this organisation first shall we?

I like the Reagor pick. I think with a little time, patience, and development, he can one day strive to be as good as Jefferson is now.

Yeah yeah and if we took jefferson and he just became a basic slot receiver you guys would be pissing and moaning about that too. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yeah yeah and if we took jefferson and he just became a basic slot receiver you guys would be pissing and moaning about that too. 

But he was never a basic slot receiver, and many analysts were saying that before the draft.  If anything, Raegor is being schemed more as a slot receiver to take advantage of his speed.  How many deep passes have been thrown his way?  Jaworski was on the radio saying that the Browns coaching staff told him they had no fear of either Reagor or Fulgham because they can't get separation.  I don't agree with that, but Christ...

Lurie and Howie, and before that Banner, have a history of outsmarting themselves. When Reid was here I always had the feeling he’d rather lose his way—throwing the ball—than win running it. Huge ego. I think Lurie and the rest are the same about showing that they’re smarter than anyone else. YOU and the rest of the league may think he’s the best receiver, but WE know things you don’t. Awesome.

Archived