***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Joker is Victorious***

Agent23

38 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Not sure I'm sold on the Lakers actually being better this year. Westbrook is a horrible fit with LeBron and Carmelo is an absolute liability at this stage in his career. We'll see. 

According to Westbrook and LeBron they worked it all out before the trade and they know they can play together. 

Melo will come off the bench thank goodness he sucks. 

Imo the Lakers bench is deeper and better then last year. Gasol and Drummond didn't fit what they wanted to do on offense. The only signing I'm not a fan of is Jordan. Monk and Nunn will give this team more minutes then Melo. Melo did have a solid 2 years in Portland coming off the bench. They have more guys who can knock down the 3 this year as well

15 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

According to Westbrook and LeBron they worked it all out before the trade and they know they can play together. 

Melo will come off the bench thank goodness he sucks. 

Oh, I'm sure they think they can. LeBron's always been better with a PG who plays well off the ball that can knock down open threes. That's not Westbrook's game, he's a ball dominant, slashing PG. I guess with LeBron being less and less ball dominant as he gets up there in age, they could work something out. I just don't really see it being a great fit. It'll be an interesting experiment, if nothing else. 

4 hours ago, Kz! said:

Oh, I'm sure they think they can. LeBron's always been better with a PG who plays well off the ball that can knock down open threes. That's not Westbrook's game, he's a ball dominant, slashing PG. I guess with LeBron being less and less ball dominant as he gets up there in age, they could work something out. I just don't really see it being a great fit. It'll be an interesting experiment, if nothing else. 

I agree, trust me I wanted nothing to do with Westbrook but, here we are. If anyone can make it work with Westbrook it's lebron. People can say what they want about him and I'm not a big fan of him myself of LeBron but, he knows how to get what he needs out of a team to win and always makes the right play. 

6 hours ago, Godfather said:

Imo the Lakers bench is deeper and better then last year. Gasol and Drummond didn't fit what they wanted to do on offense. The only signing I'm not a fan of is Jordan. Monk and Nunn will give this team more minutes then Melo. Melo did have a solid 2 years in Portland coming off the bench. They have more guys who can knock down the 3 this year as well

Melo is perfect as a spot up shooter off the bench and I hope he stays there. I don't mind him if that is the role they keep him in which I'm sure they are. 

I agree this bench is a lot better monk and Nunn can fill it up. 

I'm not a fan of Jordan either but, they don't ask a lot of their centers except protect the rim and get boards. That's why McGee and Howard were able to revive their careers here in limited roles Jordan can and will serve the same purpose. 

28 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Melo is perfect as a spot up shooter off the bench and I hope he stays there. I don't mind him if that is the role they keep him in which I'm sure they are. 

I agree this bench is a lot better monk and Nunn can fill it up. 

I'm not a fan of Jordan either but, they don't ask a lot of their centers except protect the rim and get boards. That's why McGee and Howard were able to revive their careers here in limited roles Jordan can and will serve the same purpose. 

True. I'm a little worried if they can be has efficient on defense like they have been the past 2 years. Caruso was a big loss. They added more 3 point shooters. Ellington is a good 3 and d guy. If they can stay healthy I think they'll win the chip

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

True. I'm a little worried about if they can be has efficient on defense like they have been the past 2 years. Caruso was a big loss. If they can stay healthy I think they'll win the chip

I know that was the one loss that kinda pissed me off. Caruso was great! 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

I know that was the one loss that kinda pissed me off. Caruso was great! 

They tried to keep him. I'm just glad they were able to keep Horton Tucker

7 minutes ago, Godfather said:

They tried to keep him. I'm just glad they were able to keep Horton Tucker

Me too but, I'm not sure how he fits into this whole thing now. They are expecting another major leap from him this year

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Me too but, I'm not sure how he fits into this whole thing now. They are expecting another major leap from him this year

We will see but I think he'll take that leap. He's still very young. He played well last season considering it was his first as a pro. I've seen clips of him working on his 3 ball with that one dude. That will be a good addition to his game if he can shoot well from downtown 

3 minutes ago, Mat said:

94565842_Screenshot_20211013-021132_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.534f1e344e32fe01aec71aaa7b946b83.jpg

Bwahahahaha 

Thankfully for the Nets have added a ton of depth this off season. Rookie Cam Thomas and Patty Mills are definitely enough to carry the load with KD and Harden. 

On 10/8/2021 at 1:52 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I agree, trust me I wanted nothing to do with Westbrook but, here we are. If anyone can make it work with Westbrook it's lebron. People can say what they want about him and I'm not a big fan of him myself of LeBron but, he knows how to get what he needs out of a team to win and always makes the right play. 

Westbrook is one of the biggest bone heads in the league especially last 2 minutes. He won't play defense and will take a jumper with 18 seconds left on the shot clock. What he will do is allow James to take games off because Russ can carry the load and is usually reliably healthy 

10 minutes ago, Mat said:

94565842_Screenshot_20211013-021132_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.534f1e344e32fe01aec71aaa7b946b83.jpg

I hate the Nets because of him and Harden

20 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Westbrook is one of the biggest bone heads in the league especially last 2 minutes. He won't play defense and will take a jumper with 18 seconds left on the shot clock. What he will do is allow James to take games off because Russ can carry the load and is usually reliably healthy 

James still won't take games off. They already tried to get him to and he got pissed about it. James is old school in that way.

Also if Westbrook effs up in those final moments James will take the ball out of his hands. LeBron won't put up with losing games from boneheaded mistakes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

James still won't take games off. They already tried to get him to and he got pissed about it. James is old school in that way.

Also if Westbrook effs up in those final moments James will take the ball out of his hands. LeBron won't put up with losing games from boneheaded mistakes. 

And Russ won't give a crap. 

I am willing to bet James takes games off this season. If he wants to win more titles then he can't play 82 games even though he knows he has an obligation to play for the fans which I respect. He has broken down the last two years and will be 37 in Dec. 

45 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I am willing to bet James takes games off this season. If he wants to win more titles then he can't play 82 games even though he knows he has an obligation to play for the fans which I respect. He has broken down the last two years and will be 37 in Dec. 

Agreed he needs to sit. I just don't think he will. 

On 10/12/2021 at 11:42 AM, DaEagles4Life said:

He will. It's all about the postseason with him at his age. I can see him taking 10 games off this year. His conditioning and the way he takes care of his body is pretty amazing

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

He will. It's all about the postseason with him at his age. I can see him taking 10 games off this year. His conditioning and the way he takes care of his body is pretty amazing

I won't disagree, but I read a stat where a 1/3rd of his shots last year were at 3 point range. Shows he is slowing down and not the downhill dominant force he was and is understandable. More reason to sit, who cares about playoff seed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I won't disagree, but I read a stat where a 1/3rd of his shots last year were at 3 point range. Shows he is slowing down and not the downhill dominant force he was and is understandable. More reason to sit, who cares about playoff seed. 

No doubt. He'll need that 3 point shot as the season goes on. Minimize the beating his body takes throughout the season