Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

I'm not making unnecessary excuses. I'm joust pointing out that his "ball-holding time" doesn't mean clean pocket and is a direct result of the lack thereof. 

That doesn’t mean it needs to be a sack either. As I stated Hurts dealt with the same bad line. When it wasn’t there he ran and didn’t take those Wentz sacks.  

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, judunno said:

What % of those 50 are Wentz fault for not getting rid of the ball?

Don't know but it's substantial

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

That doesn’t mean it needs to be a sack either. As I stated Hurts dealt with the same bad line. When it wasn’t there he ran and didn’t take those Wentz sacks.  

Wentz threw the ball away a couple times today to avoid sacks. When he was able to, he did so. He did a lot of running to avoid sacks last week. I'm sorry, but Hurts will get sacked just as much behind this line. 

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

How about you block a little and don't allow the entire D line into the backfield?

Did he get benched in the middle of a National Championship by the GOAT?

Wasn’t Greese the guy? He barley made the league. Just admit it. You hate the kid cause he threatens your boo. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Wasn’t Greese the guy? He barley made the league. Just admit it. You hate the kid cause he threatens your boo. 

I didn't like Hurts before he was even in the NFL so that blows that theory away. He was handed one of the most talented college teams of all time and still couldn't win a Championship. You know why he runs so much? Because he can't throw. He will have a good one every now and then but generally he can't. 

4 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Wentz threw the ball away a couple times today to avoid sacks. When he was able to, he did so. He did a lot of running to avoid sacks last week. I'm sorry, but Hurts will get sacked just as much behind this line. 

They were on him because he held on to the ball and tried to make a play on third down instead of throwing it away. Uh it's third down. Throwing it away is a loss of possession so you might as well try. 

59 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

You don't get to decide that there bud. I stuck with this team when they had a dog torturer/murderer for a QB. You can have a team and not agree with all the decisions. What I'm looking forward to since we aren't winning that game anyway is seeing all you Wentz haters try to come up with a new scapegoat when we still suck. Should be interesting. Perhaps you will still blame wentz for the way he sits on the bench? And please. Some of you are downright giddy that Wentz is struggling. So don't give me that holier than thou garbage. I'm going to give Hurts the same treatment Carson gets. 

Dude, nobody is giddy over Wentz playing like crap. He is playing like crap both in terms of skill and intelligence. He is not reading the D, seeing the field, taking what the plays give and when he does decide to throw, his crappy mechanics decrease his proficiency. You don't see this? This isn't about which side of fanboy nation we are on as fans. Wentz is hot garbage this year. He is not a scapegoat and ironically he has been mollycoddled his whole career in Philly. He is receiving exactly the criticism he has earned as well as a seat on the bench. 

Just now, Next_Up said:

Dude, nobody is giddy over Wentz playing like crap. He is playing like crap both in terms of skill and intelligence. He is not reading the D, seeing the field, taking what the plays give and when he does decide to throw, his crappy mechanics decrease his proficiency. You don't see this? This isn't about which side of fanboy nation we are on as fans. Wentz is hot garbage this year. He is not a scapegoat and ironically he has been mollycoddled his whole career in Philly. He is receiving exactly the criticism he has earned as well as a seat on the bench. 

Maybe if he didn't have to spend most plays running for his life........

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I didn't like Hurts before he was even in the NFL so that blows that theory away. He was handed one of the most talented college teams of all time and still couldn't win a Championship. You know why he runs so much? Because he can't throw. He will have a good one every now and then but generally he can't. 

He threw some nice passes in this game. Are you a Bama fan? Cause if you aren’t I don’t see why him losing his job there would make you even care. I’m sure Hurts isn’t the first or last QB to fail to win a championship in college with a good football team. That has nothing to do with how he will play in the pros anyway. No one thought much of Brady. He was a 6th round humbug pick and turned out to be arguably the greatest all time. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Maybe if he could hit a quick crossing route he wouldn't be running for his life. There is a QB, let me think, oh yes, this guy named Brady who you might want to watch in terms of how to mix in fast release plays that keep the D on their heals. If the D knows that you hold on to the ball, then they can jam and pin their ears back every play. Part of what you see, he brings on himself because he doesn't react well to a quick open. 

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Maybe if he actually threw the ball quickly and accurately he wouldn’t have to run for his life? 

2 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

Maybe if he could hit a quick crossing route he wouldn't be running for his life. There is a QB, let me think, oh yes, this guy named Brady who you might want to watch in terms of how to mix in fast release plays that keep the D on their heals. If the D knows that you hold on to the ball, then they can jam and pin their ears back every play. Part of what you see, he brings on himself because he doesn't react well to a quick open. 

Brady never had the crap Carson has to play with. To do a quick route you need players to actually get separation. This thing called speed. Something we don't have.  And you still need at least a second of blocking. He is running for his life the moment the ball is snapped. 

Brady never had the crap Carson has to play with. 

Brady had a lot of forgettable WRs, but never played in such a dysfunctional system. I don't remember brady ever having an O-line this bad, though.

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Maybe if he actually threw the ball quickly and accurately he wouldn’t have to run for his life? 

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Are you a Bama fan? Cause if you aren’t I don’t see why him losing his job there would make you even care

Uh yes I am. I went to Alabama. I never miss a game.

Just now, brkmsn said:

Brady had a lot of forgettable WRs, but never played in such a dysfunctional system. I don't remember brady ever having an O-line this bad, though.

He always had outstanding Olines. 

Brady never had the crap Carson has to play with. 

Yes he did. Good QBs make the people around them better. I'm done, this isn't a discussion because you are an idiot. You have a real RemembertheKoy vibe to you in terms of irrationality and commitment. You take Wentz's stats and do a blind test and it is hard to defend him. You might want to try it when you come up for air. 

1 minute ago, Next_Up said:

Yes he did. Good QBs make the people around them better. I'm done, this isn't a discussion because you are an idiot. You have a real RemembertheKoy vibe to you in terms of irrationality and commitment. You take Wentz's stats and do a blind test and it is hard to defend him. You might want to try it when you come up for air. 

Name calling. How mature. Bye bye now. 

Name calling. How mature. Bye bye now. 

Its not name calling if it is an accurate representation. In this case it is an analysis and the label is one you earned. How about this, your biased and factually unfounded position on Wentz is idiotic. Which makes you an...

10 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

OMG! You stuck with the team when a DOG mudrerer was QB! How riteous!  We arer in your debt?!!!! What the every living hell does that have to do with Wentz and Hurts? 

You're talking years ago, we're talking today. The whole team sucks. THE WHOLE TEAM SUCKS!. If you can't for the life of you see that the LB's, safeties and corners on this team are bottom of the barrel on every other team on the league I don't know what to say. 

F the Qb's! This team...the entire team is way out of their depth. It can be fixed only with good drafting, and completely ignoring the fanbase. The fanbase are Fin idiots.

Just now, Next_Up said:

Its not name calling if it is an accurate representation. In this case it is an analysis and the label is one you earned. How about this, your biased and factually unfounded position on Wentz is idiotic. Which makes you an...

Ok Mr.  random internet guy. Grow up.

7 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

No he didn't. This is a lie. Brady NEVER EVER fning EVERRRR had to play with a line that let the D come rush immediately. Stop lying.]

Edit: All of my posts are responding the wrong people for some reason. Not sure what I'm doing.

Brady makes his oline better by calling the proper protections. He knows what the defense is doing, and adjusts accordingly.

Too much talk about Hurts all over the place. I stick by my tried and true tape measure of ALL players:

Show me. 

Wentz hasn't shown me shi* this season, and he deserved the benching.

Hurts? Let him start next week. Let him show us. Or not. But let's see what he can do, at least. All the talk about him means nothing, because he hasn't shown us yet. A few nice plays and a few bad ones. We need to see more, so let him play the next game.

Hurts has to start next week. We absolutely need to determine what he's got in a greater sample than less than a half of a game. He brought some life to this offense and he also helps the struggling OL because he's mobile and can use his feet to make plays. 

At this point the season is over, this team is not going to catch NY now so let's see what we have in Hurts.

After watching Hurts a lot at OU, he isn't going to carry this team any further than Wentz will.  The belief that he is the "next big thing" will end up with the same, old Philadelphia disappointment.  Let's let him play and get that process over with now. 

Also, Wentz needs to be traded for whatever we can get and move on.  The damage is done. His big contract gets more palatable to others as each new signing occurs, so it will happen. The next same, old Philadelphia disappointment is when he flourishes with better coaching, systems, and talent, while we search for a franchise QB for another decade.

I hope I am wrong, but this story has played out many times. 

Archived