Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

Drafting QB’s is as much of a crap-shoot as any other position, you look for traits and or tangibles, add intangibles and really hope for the best. Until someone finds a way to be inside a players head, and can see what they see and think, it’s gonna be that way.  
 Last years class may end up like McNabbs, except Tim Couch famous "bust”, was better than Wilson, Fields, and about equal with Lawrence in his rookie season, which shows QB’s are no better prepared for the NFL now, than they were 20 plus years ago. 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

And none of those players in 2023 guarantees they will be any better than this year's crop. 

At least a couple of them are better now.

17 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

At least a couple of them are better now.

True, that can all change though. There have been several QBs over the years that were supposed to be top picks and ended up dropping. Then you had guys that were not considered top picks and went in the top 5 Joe burrow being the latest. 

I remember Matt Barkley being the consensus #1 overall pick at the beginning of the college season, only to crap out and be picked in the 4th round.

Things can change quickly in the NFL and College. What we know now is that there is a bunch of underwhelming prospects. Some of them might do better when the combine/pro days hit, but I see no reason to force anything this year. I would rather other teams overextend for those QBs and let the better defensive players fall into the Eagles lap.

On 2/8/2022 at 12:47 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

True, that can all change though. There have been several QBs over the years that were supposed to be top picks and ended up dropping. Then you had guys that were not considered top picks and went in the top 5 Joe burrow being the latest. 

I think that Burrow kid worked out lol 

37 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

I remember Matt Barkley being the consensus #1 overall pick at the beginning of the college season, only to crap out and be picked in the 4th round.

Things can change quickly in the NFL and College. What we know now is that there is a bunch of underwhelming prospects. Some of them might do better when the combine/pro days hit, but I see no reason to force anything this year. I would rather other teams overextend for those QBs and let the better defensive players fall into the Eagles lap.

Remember Jake Locker? Lol

32 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I think that Burrow kid worked out lol 

I would say so! Lol

31 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I do, that kid had all the tools and was absolutely horrible. 

On 2/8/2022 at 12:47 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Rattler this year was projected to be a top 5 pick, and now he isn’t even in the draft, Howell was also projected to go early, although he did lose 2 rb’s and 2 wr’s to the NFL the season before plus his O Line wasn’t very good this past season. 

22 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Remember the Alamo?

The Alamo has a basement?

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The Alamo has a basement?

Legend has it, Peewee Herman's bike is still down there.

13 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Remember the Alamo?

Vaguely , when Crockett started crying I knew it was time to get the heck out of there

On 2/10/2022 at 10:57 AM, Shalodeep said:

Went to a bad team and started too quickly.

10 hours ago, greend said:

Vaguely , when Crockett started crying I knew it was time to get the heck out of there

I left when the whiskey ran out.

24 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

Went to a bad team and started too quickly.

I left when the whiskey ran out.

You've always been smarter than me 

12 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Did you really expect him to say different than praise him?

Would have been nice to hear him say something about his game to discuss why he deserves to be the QB.  Just all the intangible talk... leader, winner, does the right things off the field, pedigree from college... but nothing about his play on the field.

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Would have been nice to hear him say something about his game to discuss why he deserves to be the QB.  Just all the intangible talk... leader, winner, does the right things off the field, pedigree from college... but nothing about his play on the field.

Yup and there's a reason for that. His tape doesn't show that he deserves to be the starter

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

He said Jalen took a huge step from year 1 to year 2 --- that was before he started talking about Jalen's leadership. Then Maaddi asked him a follow up question about the "it" factor. Why do we always have to twist every sound bite into "what wasn't said" or "read between the lines?" McLeod believes in Jalen. Other teammates do as well. If we're constantly going to look for hidden clues about what players really think about Hurts, then look no further than Kelce's decision to retire or play another season. 

Just now, brkmsn said:

Why do we always have to twist every sound bite into "what wasn't said" or "read between the lines?"

Because they hate him and don't want him on the team anymore.

48 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

He said Jalen took a huge step from year 1 to year 2 --- that was before he started talking about Jalen's leadership. Then Maaddi asked him a follow up question about the "it" factor. Why do we always have to twist every sound bite into "what wasn't said" or "read between the lines?" McLeod believes in Jalen. Other teammates do as well. If we're constantly going to look for hidden clues about what players really think about Hurts, then look no further than Kelce's decision to retire or play another season. 

What step did he take?  Has anyone ever mentioned what it was?  I havent seen it.

As for Kelce's decision... wow.  Maybe just leave that out of this.  Some players just arent ready to walk away.  See also, Jason Peters, it doesn't have to mean anything more than that.

6 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

What step did he take?  Has anyone ever mentioned what it was?  I havent seen it.

Maybe get a job as a reporter and ask McLeod. You're the one that wants to find hidden meaning in his reply. Hurts' teammates see him everyday in practice and on the field. 

Archived