Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think this draft has kind of shown the Eagles are invested in giving this job to Hurts. The Eagles were playing coy when it came to naming a starter, because they didn’t want to show their draft plans, but with Fields on the board and Jones on the board they passed on both and got Hurts another weapon and it’s a guy he’s familiar with. They probably still take a quarterback at some point in this draft, but it seems pretty clear Hurts is their guy at least for now. It should also be noted that all of the prognosticators had the Eagles in the Watson sweepstakes, but later it was revealed the Eagles weren’t even in the bidding war. It just seems like people automatically throw the Eagles into any free agent rumor or trade rumor just to get a pop. 

This perhaps is the biggest takeaway of the draft.  Nobody expected those guys to drop and when the Eagles moved up to 10 I was convinced the Quarterback Factory was taking Fields. Instead, they doubled-down on Hurts.  Clear evidence that when you ignore the noise they believe he is special.  

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

When they traded up with Fields on the board, Hurts was probably holding his breath!  

I know I sure f'ing was! lol

Well, Hurts is clearly being given every opportunity to make this job his. I’m rooting for him, obviously, and I do think he has potential.

That said, I’m a bit nervous that we could look back on this draft a couple years from now and absolutely crucify Howie for passing on Fields. I think the kid is going to be the real deal, so Hurts better pan out too. 

He was actually the best WR out of Bamas loaded receiving corps last year. He bet on himself and his durability and passed up a certain 1st draft position to go back to finish his senior year and get his degree. That speaks volumes about his character. 

1 minute ago, nipples said:

Well, Hurts is clearly being given every opportunity to make this job his. I’m rooting for him, obviously, and I do think he has potential.

That said, I’m a bit nervous that we could look back on this draft a couple years from now and absolutely crucify Howie for passing on Fields. I think the kid is going to be the real deal, so Hurts better pan out too. 

It's only fair to give Hurts a full year especially in a new system. If he stinks then we have draft capital next year to go after a QB. I'm not sold on any QB from OSU anyway. Look at all the dud QBs that came out of OSU. 

Just now, Heavywchamp said:

It's only fair to give Hurts a full year especially in a new system. If he stinks then we have draft capital next year to go after a QB. I'm not sold on any QB from OSU anyway. Look at all the dud QBs that came out of OSU. 

Ok, and how many of those dud QBs were taken in the first round? Haskins. That’s the only one, since like the 80s. 

For the life of me I cannot understand this argument, as if OSU keeps producing these first round QB flops. Almost all OSU QBs for the last 30 years have been mid round picks, where the vast majority of QBs from ANY school flop. You don’t go into the third or fourth round expecting a starting qb. 

1 minute ago, nipples said:

Ok, and how many of those dud QBs were taken in the first round? Haskins. That’s the only one, since like the 80s. 

For the life of me I cannot understand this argument, as if OSU keeps producing these first round QB flops. Almost all OSU QBs for the last 30 years have been mid round picks, where the vast majority of QBs from ANY school flop. You don’t go into the third or fourth round expecting a starting qb. 

I stand by my statement of OSU QBs. I never used the word "bust"  Fact is regardless of where they were drafted, they were very good college QBs. When they got to the NFL and was given the opportunity they failed. Not saying Fields is gonna fail butbthe track record of OSU QBs ain't that good. They remind me of the USC WRs. 

11 hours ago, nipples said:

That may be true but, chicago is where QBs go to die for sure

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That's true they do. I mean when was the last time they had a legit franchise QB? With Fields that could be different but Chicago doesn't have a great track record. 

9 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yeah... we’ll see. I think it has historically been just bad decisions at the position. In my opinion they just redeemed themselves. Guess we will find out in the next couple years. 

On 4/30/2021 at 11:06 AM, Heavywchamp said:

I stand by my statement of OSU QBs. I never used the word "bust"  Fact is regardless of where they were drafted, they were very good college QBs. When they got to the NFL and was given the opportunity they failed. Not saying Fields is gonna fail butbthe track record of OSU QBs ain't that good. They remind me of the USC WRs. 

Yup. And USC QB's haven't been that good the last 20 years either.

Hurts is going to shine this season.  Really excited to see what he and Sirianni can do with this young talent on offense as long as the oline can stay relatively healthy. 

9 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Hurts is going to shine this season.  Really excited to see what he and Sirianni can do with this young talent on offense as long as the oline can stay relatively healthy. 

Smith and Gainwell are huge additions to the offense. 

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

We will see on Gainwell. 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

We will see on Gainwell. 

I already have. RB is the position that has the easiest chance to see significant snaps year 1. He’s your 3rd down back, he is an absolute stud catching out of the backfield or the slot and is absolutely bananas after the catch. 

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I already have. RB is the position that has the easiest chance to see significant snaps year 1. He’s your 3rd down back, he is an absolute stud catching out of the backfield or the slot and is absolutely bananas after the catch. 

Yeah we will with Gainwell. 

The only rookie I'm confident in on making an impact this season is Devonta. 

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I doubt it but we'll see

The way you guys are hyping him up he sounds like the Nasty Nate award front runner already

2 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

The way you guys are hyping him up he sounds like the Nasty Nate award front runner already

Nah just some of us have actually seen the guy play and know what we are talking about. Maybe we should just be like you TATErs and poo poo every pick. 

12 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Nah just some of us have actually seen the guy play and know what we are talking about. Maybe we should just be like you TATErs and poo poo every pick. 

Chill out grumpy old man. Nice try at attempting to scold me like you do others. I've never said anything negative about him or any of the picks the entire weekend. We don't know how any of these guys will turn out. 

14 hours ago, Outlaw said:

13 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

I doubt it but we'll see

I'm not sure what I was referring to on this post. Maybe I thought I was in another thread or meant to reply to someone else. 

17 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Yes. Big step in rebuilding process i think and hurts is being given tje tools needed to succeed if the oline can hold up (big if i know)

4 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Yes. Big step in rebuilding process i think and hurts is being given tje tools needed to succeed if the oline can hold up (big if i know)

Absolutely. But what if the offense is pretty good, the defense is bad and this team ends up being bad? That's a difficult one. 

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Absolutely. But what if the offense is pretty good, the defense is bad and this team ends up being bad? That's a difficult one. 

Not really. If they're losing games while consistently scoring 24 or more points, that's a good indication that the defense is the obvious problem, and the offense is doing it's part. 

Archived