2021 EMB Mock Draft / Offseason *** 03/26 - Go Time ***

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

If you guys want to nominate teams you think won, I will start a poll with the top 10.  

Vikings 

52 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Let me rephrase.  Nominate a team you did not draft for.

I'm nominating the Browns. Rashod Bateman at 26 is pretty solid but I love the value of landing Nick Bolton in the late 2nd round (actually was considering a trade up for him with the Chiefs before sitting pat and taking Jamin Davis with the 2nd rounder) as well as some of the Day 3 value picks (Mukuamu, Darden, Hill, Thompson) who I think could have gone a full round earlier than their actual selection slot. Feleipe Franks in the 7th round was the only pick I was not particularly impressed with initially but after reading up on him, I think he could become a value pick down the road too.

Thought the Dolphins @IFB DOG had quite the haul of good picks, especially on the O-Line.

It was a trade bonanza lol but liked who they targeted.

If Tua doesn't succeed after this draft then he never will.

6 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Why do we need a poll, we know I won. That’s why Elway brought me back another year while all other GMs were fired 😎.

That's okay, I moved on to a Sr. VP role last year with a new team, then the Giants offered $40M and the title of Team President this year to return. So eat that! 

These are the guys that I think were better than players picked at the same position above them OR were blatantly better than players at other positions (aka were clearly BPA and were passed up).

I marked Slater, but that's only because he is someone that I would have taken at 6 versus moving out lol.

image.png.a5b57840e2bf52c95fe0d64a3cbf3739.png

Reds are duplicates. So shoutout to Lions, Ravens, Chargers and Browns in particular, besides my own teams (lol biased, obviously). 

So here's my plug for the Dolphins:

image.png.aa3fa3a8a3f4016334dc483d684a5627.png

If I have a weakness, it is either at QB (depending on your thoughts on Tua) or it's lacking youth at DL (sans Wilkins and Davis).   Really happy with the five guys that I brought in at LB (last year's weakness for the team) and the absolute dominance I did at OL.

Also, I know this didn't come into play, but looking at the 2022 Needs/Free Agents...

Backup QB (Brissett - 1 year deal).  Re-sign target.
Starting TE (Ertz - 1 year remaining).  Re-sign target.
Backup TE (Gesicki - 1 year remaining).  Re-sign target.
Starting WR (Fuller - 1 year deal with options).  Drafted Moore.
Starting C (Skura - 1 year deal). Drafted Humphrey. And Deiter was a 2019 3rd rounder.
Backup LG (Flowers - Cut target).  Drafted Vera-Tucker.
Starting RDE (Ogbah - 1 year remaining). Top replacement target in FA/1st round.

I left virtually no holes.  RDE, Backup QB, and possible new TEs are the only pending FAs without replacements already drafted, and highly at that.  Of course, depending on Tua's development with this team. There's no excuse. This team is a dominant Zone Run First / Play Action team.  Added speed/shiftiness in Moore and Eskridge... they brought in Fuller... Ertz and Parker are still big targets... JJAW is a great blocker if he can make the team over Wilson...

Really proud of what I did.  Of course, huge asterisk with the 49ers 3rd being this year instead of next.

Also added a 2022 2nd from the Eagles (should be top half), 2022 4th from the Eagles (should be top half), and 2022 5ths from both the Giants and Ravens. 

Gave up a 2022 4th to the Patriots and 2022 6th to the Eagles.

Other than the Seahawks (obvious huge haul for Wilson), I was the only team to come away with a net gain for 2022.  Ravens and Eagles both get knocked IMO for giving up 2022 picks.

4 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I'm nominating the Browns. Rashod Bateman at 26 is pretty solid but I love the value of landing Nick Bolton in the late 2nd round (actually was considering a trade up for him with the Chiefs before sitting pat and taking Jamin Davis with the 2nd rounder) as well as some of the Day 3 value picks (Mukuamu, Darden, Hill, Thompson) who I think could have gone a full round earlier than their actual selection slot. Feleipe Franks in the 7th round was the only pick I was not particularly impressed with initially but after reading up on him, I think he could become a value pick down the road too.

I went into this targeting a day 3 QB for both teams. The Browns have 2 bleh backups...Franks is a project for sure but he was the 3rd to last pick in the draft. Got Ehlinger for the Cards and Felipe here. Thanks for the kind words though. The Browns roster is STACKED after this. 

I too also had every single one of my day 3 guys projected a round earlier. 

After looking everything over, overall I like the drafts from the Lions, Ravens, Giants, Browns, and Dolphins. 

8 hours ago, downundermike said:

If you guys want to nominate teams you think won, I will start a poll with the top 10.  

I think just put up all 32. Most votes wins 

45 minutes ago, Mrkingofspades said:

After looking everything over, overall I like the drafts from the Lions, Ravens, Giants, Browns, and Dolphins

:flex:

19 hours ago, IFB DOG said:

Reds are duplicates. So shoutout to Lions, Ravens, Chargers and Browns in particular, besides my own teams (lol biased, obviously). 

20 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I’m voting Lions

17 hours ago, Mrkingofspades said:

After looking everything over, overall I like the drafts from the Lions, Ravens, Giants, Browns, and Dolphins. 

Olly.gif.395f0caec2b1285d35d09f284ecc3a2c.gif

Dolphins win.

Vera-Tucker went four picks higher.

Tryon went 1st round.

Elijah Moore went way higher. 33.

Javonte Williams went 35 overall.

D'Wayne Eskridge went 55th...

Honestly would have gone Dickerson over Humphrey, but medical red flags are impossible for us fans to decipher.

Can't believe the Eagles passed on Slater. Maaaaann.... all these dominant WRs available and they pass up arguably the #2 overall player in the draft. Boo...

So far haven’t got any Cowboys picks right, but all the right value has been there so far with Horn/Grant/Werner. 

Got raiders pick right though with Moehrig!

• Like 1

Chiefs and Bears doing pretty well for themselves in the real draft, although I'm sure the Bears would prefer Russell Wilson over Justin Fields 😄.

I do think Fields is QB2 in this class though, so they did well for themselves with that trade up.

Raiders literally took two of my Bears late round picks back to back in Round 3 😎

Malcolm Koonce LB Buffalo - Bears mock pick 221st overall, real life 79th overall pick

Divine Deablo S Virginia Tech - Bears mock pick 164th overall, real life 80th overall pick

12 minutes ago, IFB DOG said:

Mr. Irrelevant just became VERY relevant, at #103 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

They should really make us the GMs of these teams, shouldn't they haha

Man! They definitely could lol.

The only person I truly over drafted was James Hudson, but I know him personally and he graduated from the same high school my dad did. Couldn't will it to happen though lol. Considering his background was on defense primarily, his ceiling is very high. 

My Eagles draft looks solid so far. Players going in the rounds they were suppose to or earlier. Jevon Holland went #36 tonight lol. Still pissed about that

• Like 1

• 8 months later...