EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

30 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

The Illinois play was ridiculous.  The Lavar Leap defined his college career.  One of the funny things looking back at late 90s/2000s was how insanely large the shoulder pads were.  Look at Arrington, Charlie Garner, Shaun Alexander.  How the heck did we play with those monstrosities back then. 

BlueWhiteIllustrated - Arrington, prominent lettermen blast PSU search

Philadelphia Eagles RB Charlie Garner | Fly eagles fly, Philadelphia eagles,  Football helmets

37 Days 'Til Kickoff: Shaun Alexander - Roll 'Bama Roll

Sam Bradford played in the wrong era. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Blake Countess will be starting by week 8.  

No Hurts is starting both ways and playing safety 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I'm in ish-hole Charleston WV......I saw a hitchhiker today.  Some older white broad.  Can you imagine.  Hitchhiking in 2021 during covid times?  WTF????

How long did it take to get her chained up in your basement ??

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I don't have a basement in WV.  Duh.  

She's still in the car.  I said she can have my icebreakers for dinner and to use the hand sanitizer after she pissed in the parking lot.  

Seriously, this place is a hole.  

Why in the world would anyone go to WV?

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I'm back and forth on if this helps or hurts trading Ertz

The Eagles can afford to keep Ertz if they only want to trade him right? Any trades won't affect the need to be cap compliant will it?

2 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Why in the world would anyone go to WV?

I know a couple of CVON posters that would think it is eutopia.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

How long did it take to get her chained up in your basement ??

I think you mean, How long did it take after you picked her up that she pulled out a Desert Eagle .50 cal and you are trying to hitchhike home wearing nothing but your wifes g -string

1 hour ago, vikas83 said:

The funny part is Dallas is pretty good at identifying talent in the draft, but they are beyond awful at allocating resources when signing/re-signing veterans and at understanding positional value. That's why it is run as a fantasy football team. Zeke was great, but no RB should be picked at #4 (they passed on Ramsey, who was the obvious pick). Then they compound the insanity by extending him with 2 years left and making him the highest paid RB in the game; when you extend a guy early, you're supposed to get a discount. Add in extensions for KVE, Smith, etc. while they let Jones walk.

They can find talent. They can't allocate resources to build a team. 

No worries though they just gave Dak 160 million dollars

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Without driving this place into a political discussion.  Why?  Who?

@vikas83, I think you have two good guesses at least.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And I don't wear my wifes G-string...................................

Really.  I thought they were quite comfortable.

Bah, wife joke.

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I'm back and forth on if this helps or hurts trading Ertz

Ehhh, Howie will shock us all and give Ertz a new 6 year deal and spread the money out so Ertz only makes 1 mill this year and 20 mill on 2 ghost years at the end of the deal. 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

If that were the case then how would I be posting now......hmmm?

And I don't wear my wifes G-string...................................

Im sure you have a hiding spot for your phone that even a g-string can hide :)

34 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Does it matter if he runs a low 4.4, high 4.4 or a low 4.5? 

People need to get over the "is he super fast" stuff. Can he play the game? Does his game speed play well on tape? Is he the best player on the boards at our pick? 

I really dont care about a 40 time.

Parsons can play the game.  He could also be the best DE in the draft IMO if a team decided to play him there.  When you watch him during the games he is extremely explosive getting through/shedding blocks with excellent lateral quickness.  When he hits someone they go down

1 minute ago, garingovt2000 said:

Parsons can play the game.  He could also be the best DE in the draft IMO if a team decided to play him there.  When you watch him during the games he is extremely explosive getting through/shedding blocks with excellent lateral quickness.  When he hits someone they go down

Im going to be the first one to laugh at you for this comment, lol

IdealConsciousGavial-small.gif

11 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

The Eagles can afford to keep Ertz if they only want to trade him right? Any trades won't affect the need to be cap compliant will it?

They need to be cap compliant before trades are made. In theory they could hold onto him if they make other moves but then you are going to have a disgruntled player and holding on to him just to trade him for like a 5th or 6th and making him miss the first wave of free agency is a bad look.

13 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It's work dingus.  You think I want to be here?  

Not all of us can live with our Auntie and Uncle.....

Without driving this place into a political discussion.  Why?  Who?

I figured it was for work, but what economy or business activity is there to speak of in WV? Are you in the meth business? Moonshine?

And my aunt and uncle live in the apartment above the Kwik-E-Mart, not in my house. They work for me.

There's a guy Mike31mt in CVON who is loud and proud WV. He fits the stereotype exquisitely. 

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Has to hurt our chances.  The more TE there are the worse the market for Ertz is.  I still say the missed the both on maximizing the return for him.  Should have done it last year.  

That's what I initially thought but teams are going to have to pay top $ for Henry and Smith. I wonder if they would rather send a late round pick and just play Ertz on his current deal

3 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

I figured it was for work, but what economy or business activity is there to speak of in WV? Are you in the meth business? Moonshine?

And my aunt and uncle live in the apartment above the Kwik-E-Mart, not in my house. They work for me.

There's a guy Mike31mt in CVON who is loud and proud WV. He fits the stereotype exquisitely. 

Sister kissing

Crazy how they are working the cap 

It’ll be a five-year deal with three voidable years for LB Lavonte David that keeps his cap number at a manageable $3.5 million for the #Buccaneers this year. Voidable years are all the rage this year as teams maneuver around the cap decrease

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Meh.  I'm not one to stereotype.  I've been to a lot of states and areas.  The south isn't what people up north think it is.  Philly isn't the hell hole that people in other parts of the country think it is.  You would hope that in 2021 people would do a little less of that.  But go ahead and be close minded.  There are nice parts of WV.  Charleston just isn't one of them.  

And you must not of gotten my Auntie and Uncle reference......(Bel Air)

Just did as I was taking a leak...dammit. Was gonna edit to say "hey, easy man, Uncle Phil passed away."

Wait, I didn't even realize Howie passed on Zach Wilson for Mac Jones. 

This is actually realistic. 

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He was a great player his career just got derailed/cut short by injuries.  2x All Pro before the knee/Achilles injuries started hitting. 

Just an absolute animal.  I was at the Penn State-Illinois game where he made one of the most impressive plays I've seen when he jumped right over the line right at the snap and made the tackle instantly.  I can't remember though if it was a sack or he got the RB in the backfield. 

Yup Arrington was a freak, head case as well.

Parsons is an explosive athlete in the same mold, and from what I hear not much of a head case though he's got some red flags from highschool???

I think 6 might be too high but if they could trade down to 8-10 I'd be fine with picking up more ammo and parsons.

I think he can be special. Though I doubt Howie has any interest in taking a LB in the first.

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That's what I initially thought but teams are going to have to pay top $ for Henry and Smith. I wonder if they would rather send a late round pick and just play Ertz on his current deal

Sister kissing

I thought Utah had the corner market on that😉

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That was the red flag on Marcus Smith when I saw videos of him after we drafted him.  He brought guys down.  He never seemed to smoke anyone.  

please don't compare those 2... Nothing alike 

Archived