Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

You know a bad season is coming when 36 year old Joe Flacco is the biggest discussion piece of free agency 

Flaccozzzzzzz

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

Just now, Allhaildawk said:

Anybody who needed this signing to tell them that isn’t paying attention or doesn’t know football

Hey calm down it was a funny joke. Lighten up dawg 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Flaccozzzzzzz

Thank god I don’t listen to Philly sports radio anymore because hearing the Delco accents saying "Joe Flacco” would make me stick a fork in my ear 

So anyway... if his workout really did look good, the Eagles really wanted to sign him, and they buy the whole he’s going to be at least a bit better than the last 2-3 years... I think the Eagles are seriously considering a QB to essentially redshirt for a season. Trey Lance may be a real possibility at 6... 

Is that amount of guaranteed money smart to give to an aging backup QB in a year where we're not expected to compete?  Probably not. Almost definitely not.

Not gonna lie though, as dumb as it may be: I find it really hard not to cheer for the local guy who grew up an Eagles fan and whom I watched played at UD, putting on midnight green  🤷‍♂️

source.gif

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Thank god I don’t listen to Philly sports radio anymore because hearing the Delco accents saying "Joe Flacco” would make me stick a fork in my ear 

Are we sure he doesn’t come from Sesame Street?

 

0768AC3F-7B24-41EE-B02C-850420A315EE.jpeg

Just now, DEagle7 said:

Is that amount of guaranteed money smart to give to an aging backup QB in a year where we're not expected to compete?  Probably not. Almost definitely not.

Not gonna lie though, as dumb as it may be: I find it really hard not to cheer for the local guy who grew up an Eagles fan and whom I watched played at UD, putting on midnight green  🤷‍♂️

source.gif

Oh Flacco lighting it up for even one game would be great. 

30 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

He was on the second worst team in the league who was completely devoid of any real talent on offense. Adam Gase was his head coach/offensive coach. He still managed to have a higher QB rating that Hurts, much higher than Wentz, and had 6 TD passes to only 3 turnovers. He was/is more than adequate as a veteran backup QB to help Hurts and/or another young QB.

Adequate vet backup?  Sure.  Played well?  Absolutely not.

4 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

So anyway... if his workout really did look good, the Eagles really wanted to sign him, and they buy the whole he’s going to be at least a bit better than the last 2-3 years... I think the Eagles are seriously considering a QB to essentially redshirt for a season. Trey Lance may be a real possibility at 6... 

The Howie/Nick media session gave me the impression QB is definitely in play.  It shouldn’t be in play, but it is 

I’m out on Caleb Farley after the news he’s undergoing back surgery.  I’d be fine with Surtain in the event of a trade back to #11 or 12, otherwise I think my preference is one of the Georgia CBs — Campbell, then Stokes.

8 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Is that amount of guaranteed money smart to give to an aging backup QB in a year where we're not expected to compete?  Probably not. Almost definitely not.

Not gonna lie though, as dumb as it may be: I find it really hard not to cheer for the local guy who grew up an Eagles fan and whom I watched played at UD, putting on midnight green  🤷‍♂️

source.gif

Unfortunately, his family is a bunch of band wagoners 

Quote

Steve said the Flaccos weren’t an Eagles-only household growing up. With Joe growing up as a quarterback, there was a time the Flaccos were San Francisco 49ers fans because of Joe Montana or Lions fans because of Barry Sanders.

 
 

"We were never real crazy Eagles fans even though we live in a crazy Eagles’ fan area,” Steve said. "Actually, there are a lot of people, especially because Dana is from (Audubon) too, from that town that are Ravens fans.”

 

OK so I spend evenings in this blog because I’m single and have nothing better to do. Some of you, I’m guessing, do so because you don’t feel like dealing with your wives. 
 

If you ever miss single life, just realize this basically sums up the dating pool in today’s world... 

4D441281-36F5-4F2E-85F5-14E1521999A0.jpeg

21 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

They go into that, and how Tennessee’s philosophy was to fill holes in the first round. They had Lattimore really high but decided they would go WR early because of injury concerns with Mike Williams and John Ross, and because they liked the depth of the CB class. 

It’s good insight into the draft. 

The best blueprint to win in the NFL changes every 10-15 years.  An otherwise good scouting job and draft pick can be ruined by a bad scheme/environment/surrounding talent/coaching.

So it's really hard to go by stat/analytic/evidence-based drafting.  The statistical power just isn't there.

You can name your own philosophy and it would be hard to say you are objectively right or wrong.  

One could argue that filling holes in round 1 is the only way to reliably upgrade priority positions...and that BPA in the later rounds is the only way to get something out of those throwaway picks.  I wouldn't agree with it, but sure, it's one way to skin that cat.

1 minute ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

OK so I spend evenings in this blog because I’m single and have nothing better to do. Some of you, I’m guessing, do so because you don’t feel like dealing with your wives. 
 

If you ever miss single life, just realize this basically sums up the dating pool in today’s world... 

4D441281-36F5-4F2E-85F5-14E1521999A0.jpeg

Isn't tinder the way everyone does it these days?  Perfect for COVID era dating.

 

23 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Hey calm down it was a funny joke. Lighten up dawg 

Hilarious

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

Isn't tinder the way everyone does it these days?  Perfect for COVID era dating.

 

There are too many dating apps. It’s an over saturated market at this point. 
 

The girls who are attractive, seem dateable, are educated, not too crazy, etc. typically are playing their own version of bachelorette and go on multiple dates a week. The rest are like the one above. 

Nothing like the sixers blowing a 20+ point lead to the curry-less warriors. 

3 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

There are too many dating apps. It’s an over saturated market at this point. 
 

The girls who are attractive, seem dateable, are educated, not too crazy, etc. typically are playing their own version of bachelorette and go on multiple dates a week. The rest are like the one above. 

I guess the apps have become what bars/clubs used to be...they were the worst place to meet women because that's where everyone tried to.

The blog has to have some great collective knowledge...or at least collective opinions on this.

You need to find the soft spots in the zone.  Bookstores, landscaping/flower shops, grocery store, soap stores at the mall.

 

Just now, eagle45 said:

I guess the apps have become what bars/clubs used to be...they were the worst place to meet women because that's where everyone tried to.

The blog has to have some great collective knowledge...or at least collective opinions on this.

You need to find the soft spots in the zone.  Bookstores, landscaping/flower shops, grocery store, soap stores at the mall.

 

So it’s harder and harder to strike up a convo with the opposite sex in person. 
 

1. people are attached to their phone and often have head phones in 

2. This is a branch of #1 but people just suck at in person conversation. 

3. A guy approaching a female and ultimately asking for her number is more than likely going to be viewed as a creep. 
 

The best/easiest way to meet someone is through friends or join a social sports league. 

16 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

There are too many dating apps. It’s an over saturated market at this point. 
 

The girls who are attractive, seem dateable, are educated, not too crazy, etc. typically are playing their own version of bachelorette and go on multiple dates a week. The rest are like the one above. 

Try farmers only 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Try farmers only 

The fact that there’s a farmers only proves my point 🤣

Just now, EaglePhan1986 said:

So it’s harder and harder to strike up a convo with the opposite sex in person. 
 

1. people are attached to their phone and often have head phones in 

2. This is a branch of #1 but people just suck at in person conversation. 

3. A guy approaching a female and ultimately asking for her number is more than likely going to be viewed as a creep. 
 

The best/easiest way to meet someone is through friends or join a social sports league. 

I learned a little bit late in the game that batting average and OBP only matter in baseball.  After you risk your awkward dignity, make an ass of yourself, get shut down once...then you realize there's no deterrent from approaching everyone you see like a lost dog.

7 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I learned a little bit late in the game that batting average and OBP only matter in baseball.  After you risk your awkward dignity, make an ass of yourself, get shut down once...then you realize there's no deterrent from approaching everyone you see like a lost dog.

Trust me I understand the game. If you go to a bar and want to get laid... someone will say yes eventually. 
 

But dating apps are enjoyable time killers. 

Just now, EaglePhan1986 said:

Trust me I understand the game. If you go to a bar and want to get laid... someone will say yes eventually. 
 

But dating apps are enjoyable time killers. 

Well, that game is different for everyone.  Can't say I ever understood it well.  The only wisdom I ever accumulated was to lose all shame and fear of striking out.  Apps used to be an interesting angle, but I suppose everyone does it now.

9 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

So it’s harder and harder to strike up a convo with the opposite sex in person. 
 

1. people are attached to their phone and often have head phones in 

2. This is a branch of #1 but people just suck at in person conversation. 

3. A guy approaching a female and ultimately asking for her number is more than likely going to be viewed as a creep. 
 

The best/easiest way to meet someone is through friends or join a social sports league. 

Been many years since I was single and went to the clubs, but this actually worked for me on a few occasions:

”Accidentally” spill a drink on her coat or purse; pretend you were jostled or lost your balance.  Apologize profusely and offer to pay the cleaning — give them your card or number as a means of contact.  I could tell right away if the woman had any class or not; if she got excessively rude she could F off anyway, but most were nice and okay with it if you seemed apologetic.  Most times I would get a call and would meet up with them again to pay up — at which point I would ask them out 1-on-1 rather than a noisy and crowded bar.  At a minimum it was a second chance to have a conversation and find a spark.  
 

Manipulative, but somewhat effective.  It worked better for me than "would you like to dance?”

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.