Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

"You serious Clark?”

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, What The F said:

20210401_112253.jpg

C'mon, even April Fools' jokes should have some element of believability.  

You trade back from #6 to 12 because you believe the value for the #12, the move up from #156 to 123, and the 2022 1st round pick carries more value to the organization long term than the #6 pick on its own.  Whoever you lose out on between #6 and 11 isn't enough to scare you away from making that trade.

2 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

C'mon, even April Fools' jokes should have some element of believability.  

Or be funny, not depressing.

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

That's such a tricky question.  The reason I started the conversation was draft slot/value vs. production.  Based on his career production and knowing that comparable production was had at pick 31 with Jerry Hughes, i say no.

If I knew that BG was going to strip Tom Brady in SB52? might change things.  But that's the trick with hindsight, it can go so many ways.  If we had another DE in on that play you never know if he makes the same play that BG did.

Would you take Nelson Agholor in the 1st knowing how his career played out, but knowing how important he was in 2017?  

And yes, he's an all-time great Eagle....that doesn't mean his career = the value of pick 13.

 

 

 

And thus the crux of our disagreement. I can't see how you can reconcile those two statements. To me, him being an all time great Eagle makes it worthwhile. 

Agholor is an interesting discussion. I would probably say yes, I think Agholor's selection was right. I should say that the ultimate goal for a 1st round pick is a HOF career. The fact of it is, most end up busting out and not doing anything. So there's an in between area where you accept the flaws of these prospects. Agholor did have some nice production. And certainly was a big part of the Super Bowl run and win. That win carries a lot of weight with me. Agholor failed here when they had to make him the guy. He doesn't have the mental make up for that. And I can certainly see the argument that you want more than that from a 20th overall pick. But he put up a nice year in LV (48 catches, 896 yards, 8 TDs) which is similar to the 2017 year (62, 768 and 8). If he continues at a pace of 55 catches, 800+ yards and 8 TDs for another 5-6 years....I think that's great value. Not every 1st rounder has to reach the highest highs. The 2017 team was full of guys with good enough production. Are there any HOF'ers from that team? Peters, maaaybe Lane, maybe Kelce...who else though? 

Of course we want every pick to be HOF level players. But guys who end up having productive but not "elite" careers doesn't make them a bust, or a flop, or not worthy of where they were picked. It's not realistic. 

12 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

You trade back from #6 to 12 because you believe the value for the #12, the move up from #156 to 123, and the 2022 1st round pick carries more value to the organization long term than the #6 pick on its own.  Whoever you lose out on between #6 and 11 isn't enough to scare you away from making that trade.

Honestly my first reaction was to slam a table to lose out on Chase or Pitt but after it sit in for a while I think it was the right move, looking at it next year having that extra pick means a lot more.

Here is something else to consider too. When you have 5 teams picking before us and everyone keeps changing their mock draft because NO ONE knows who is taking who you don't really know what kind of player you gonna get. Falcons might take Pitt and Bengals might take Chase..opps we lose out on both at 6th and can't find a trade back partner.

Honestly.. not a bad trade.

I ran the PFN Mock Draft Simulator on full auto mode and this is what it played out for the Eagles draft:

#12 — QB Mac Jones 

#37 — TE Pat Freiermuth

#70 — WR Aman-Ra St. Brown

#84 - S Jevon Holland

#123 - RB Trey Sermon

#150 - DT Cam Sample

#189 - S Jacoby Stevens

#220 - CB Olaijah Griffin

#225 - TE Briley Moore

#234 - TE Noah Grey

#240 - OT Josh Ball

 

That simulation really wants to run some 3 TE sets ......

7 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I should say that the ultimate goal for a 1st round pick is a HOF career.

There are 6 HOFamers every year. There are 32 1st round picks + 255 total players drafted per cycle.

Using 1st rounders, especially outside the top 5, on HOFamers is especially unlikely. You don't need HOFamers; you just need core pieces.

17 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Off topic, I cant think of a more lackluster opening day of baseball in my life. I went every year from 97ish till 2019(only missed 1 year) but between lack of fans allowed, lackof tailgating and how boring baseball is, no one cares. 

People still cared about baseball???

9 minutes ago, RLC said:

There are 6 HOFamers every year. There are 32 1st round picks + 255 total players drafted per cycle.

Using 1st rounders, especially outside the top 5, on HOFamers is especially unlikely. You don't need HOFamers; you just need core pieces.

Well that's my entire argument basically. It seems like people have this inflated expectation, and when guys turn in solid careers, it's not "good enough value". 

22 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Off topic, I cant think of a more lackluster opening day of baseball in my life. I went every year from 97ish till 2019(only missed 1 year) but between lack of fans allowed, lackof tailgating and how boring baseball is, no one cares. 

Plenty of people care about baseball.  You don't because the Pirates have sucked for so long.

13 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I ran the PFN Mock Draft Simulator on full auto mode and this is what it played out for the Eagles draft:

#12 — QB Mac Jones 

#37 — TE Pat Freiermuth

#70 — WR Aman-Ra St. Brown

#84 - S Jevon Holland

#123 - RB Trey Sermon

#150 - DT Cam Sample

#189 - S Jacoby Stevens

#220 - CB Olaijah Griffin

#225 - TE Briley Moore

#234 - TE Noah Grey

#240 - OT Josh Ball

 

That simulation really wants to run some 3 TE sets ......

This CBS mock now has Mac Jones at #3, wow. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/two-round-2021-nfl-mock-draft-broncos-trade-up-for-one-of-five-qbs-taken-in-the-top-ten/

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Plenty of people care about baseball.  You don't because the Pirates have sucked for so long.

I'm pumped for a big season from the Jays! 

3 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I'm pumped for a big season from the Jays! 

Definitely loaded up this off season.  Still pissed you stole my boy Marcus Semien.

6 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Having a 5 win season instead of a 3 win season doesn't provide a winning culture. 

I disagree - trying to win and failing is not the same as trying to lose. 

You dudes must be bored talking about hypotheticals and what ifs from 10 years ago. 

What is Foles never said run Philly special and went with Doug's stupid ass play of an option play?  What if what if what if

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

You dudes must be bored talking about hypotheticals and what ifs from 10 years ago. 

What is Foles never said run Philly special and went with Doug's stupid ass play of an option play?  What if what if what if

It's a message board....things get discussed. You don't like it, scroll past. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You dudes must be bored talking about hypotheticals and what ifs from 10 years ago. 

What is Foles never said run Philly special and went with Doug's stupid ass play of an option play?  What if what if what if

I'm guessing that if Foles doesn't call Philly special then Doug calls a QB sneak up the middle for no gain.

1 minute ago, 315Eagles said:

I'm guessing that if Foles doesn't call Philly special then Doug calls a QB sneak up the middle for no gain.

Doug calls a fade to Billy Brown

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Plenty of people care about baseball.  You don't because the Pirates have sucked for so long.

Would you say a plethora of people care about baseball?

 

I always liked the NFL having stricter jersey number rules than college but I think this is a rule that is overdue, especially with expanded gameday rosters and the amount of numbers that get retired.  Will be interesting to see if it gets approved.

 

I like Graham and he was definitely involved in the biggest play (at the very least one of) in franchise history. Having said that, he may go down as the most overrated Eagle of all time.

Your first clue should be when you hear the word pressure. The second, when you see people saying that he has a big smile and plays the run.

11 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I always liked the NFL having stricter jersey number rules than college but I think this is a rule that is overdue, especially with expanded gameday rosters and the amount of numbers that get retired.  Will be interesting to see if it gets approved.

 

Don't wanna sound like the old guy clinging on, but do we need to change f***ing everything about the NFL?

I agree 

All the talk on outside continues to be on the "big five” (Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Jones, Lance) but there’s growing buzz inside the league on two QBs: Stanford’s Davis Mills and Texas A&M’s Kellen Mond. Both are seen as potential starters. Neither is getting out of Round 2.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.