Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

13 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I cant really complain about how awesome this draft is

image.thumb.png.2ff64a014bcecb8ad947f1cf25dfd3a2.png

Who did you pass on at 70 in terms of  G/C prospects? 

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Actually on a small sample like that, the variance means that we could be above or below average drafting. Say Mailata becomes an pro bowl OT in two years, we'd suddenly be above average. There's so much noise in draft picks (was Dillard a good or bad pick, a torn bicep is a bit unpredictable).

"It’s a luxury that we have this year that we can pick who we think is who’s going to be the best player in two years,” Licht said. "And that’s [how] we always kind of set our draft board — is what this guy is going to be in two years. And in today’s day and age everybody wants it to be, you know, in two games. But we’re going to take the long view here and bring in the player that we’re going to be happy with for the long haul.”

😎

He'll be 34

Talk about coaching influence:

It’s hard to know how much weight Gannon’s voice carries in the Eagles’ draft room. He’s not Jim Schwartz, who had been a defensive coordinator for two teams and a head coach before he got here and had a strong say in personnel.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/nfl-draft-2021-could-micah-parsons-end-eagles-41-year-linebacker-drought

How valid is this comment? But it does suggest some draft day dynamics and FA decisions - Schwartz loved him some DTs.

 

13 minutes ago, RLC said:

😎

Yup, since it would be a dumb move it makes sense this organization would do that 

  • 12. Philadelphia Eagles - Jaycee Horn CB, South Carolina
    37. Philadelphia Eagles Zaven Collins LB, Tulsa
    70. Philadelphia Eagles Jevon Holland S, Oregon
    84.Philadelphia Eagles Benjamin St-Juste CB, Minnesota
    123. Philadelphia Eagles Seth  Williams WR, Auburn
    50. Philadelphia Eagles Jonathon Cooper EDGE, Ohio State 
    189. Philadelphia Eagles Chris Evans RB, Michigan
  • 224.  Philadelphia Eagles Jaelon Darden WR, North Texas
  • 225. Philadelphia Eagles Joshua KaindohEDGE, Florida State 
    234. Philadelphia Eagles Chris Rumph II EDGE, Duke
    240. Philadelphia Eagles Cole Van Lanen OT, Wisconsin

    Not sure why it came out like this but this was my first mock on The Draft Network.

     

Interesting observation by a DB who played against Reagor and Chase;

"I like that guy Jalen Reagor over there. He had it all,” Brown said on the 2 for 1 Drafts podcast with PFF’s Austin Gayle and Mike Renner.

"The guy was physical, the guy was fast, the guy can jump. He can play any position on the field as you (saw) if you watched his tape. Man, he was just a competitive guy. He also played with a chip on his shoulder, along with Tyler Wallace (Oklahoma State) and also Ja’Marr Chase (LSU), he was also a pretty good, physical guy. But Jalen Reagor was that guy.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/2021-nfl-draft-hopeful-tre-brown-raves-about-eagles-jalen-reagor

7 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:
  • 12. Philadelphia Eagles - Jaycee Horn CB, South Carolina
    37. Philadelphia Eagles Zaven Collins LB, Tulsa
    70. Philadelphia Eagles Jevon Holland S, Oregon
    84.Philadelphia Eagles Benjamin St-Juste CB, Minnesota
    123. Philadelphia Eagles Seth  Williams WR, Auburn
    50. Philadelphia Eagles Jonathon Cooper EDGE, Ohio State 
    189. Philadelphia Eagles Chris Evans RB, Michigan
  • 224.  Philadelphia Eagles Jaelon Darden WR, North Texas
  • 225. Philadelphia Eagles Joshua KaindohEDGE, Florida State 
    234. Philadelphia Eagles Chris Rumph II EDGE, Duke
    240. Philadelphia Eagles Cole Van Lanen OT, Wisconsin

    Not sure why it came out like this but this was my first mock on The Draft Network.

     

Like it. A lot of the same thinking I have with how I want this draft to pan out in terms of positions and players. Though there's a lot of avenues this team can take depending on who falls to where, I want to add a bunch to the defense, maybe a WR in the first three rounds and a RB late. Evans could be a steal too. Worthy of a late round flier pick. St Juste looked really good in his pro day drills. I want him just not sure how high he goes now. I was initially hoping he'd be there with one of the thirds but that may not be possible anymore. 

26 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Sheil’s a bright guy.  This has me concerned.  

Ugh, I want nothing to do with a 34 year old Russell Wilson.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

Would anyone be shocked if we ended up drafting in the mid 30's for our first pick?

 

 

 

Yeah

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Would anyone be shocked if we ended up drafting in the mid 30's for our first pick?

 

 

 

I say we have better chance of moving up to #1 than picking in mid 30's for 1st pick

7 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Would anyone be shocked if we ended up drafting in the mid 30's for our first pick?

 

 

 

That's a little too far back of a drop I think. I don't think I'd like it.... 

9 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Would anyone be shocked if we ended up drafting in the mid 30's for our first pick?

 

 

 

It would make me very sad.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Love the first two picks.  But if we draft Cooper at #50 overall, we should just quit as fans.  He is a 5th-6th round pick at best.  I like him.  But jesus christ not at #50.  

I think it's a typo.  Should it be 150?

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I think it's a typo.  Should it be 150?

correct.. editing mistake when i was trying to make it smaller

14 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

The hierarchy for solo male artist (rock music) flows:

Billy Joel > David Bowie > Elton John > Rod Stewart > Tom Petty > Bob Seger > Jackson Browne > Bruce Springsteen > John Mellencamp ..... the rest .... although I’m sure I’m forgetting some in there 

My wife almost knocked Billy Joel down in the Four Seasons a few years ago, He's not a big guy. She didn't recognize him, just said, "Excuse me." I told her who he was after we'd taken a few steps. I might quibble about Tom Petty, Bob Seger, and Bruce. They're more front men than solo artists, IMHO. It's a whole new ball game if you include front men. Freddy Mercury, Roger Daltry, Mick Jagger, etc.

If we're talking female rock artists, the list begins, of course, with Janis and then you wait a while.

Shame on me for forgetting! And shame on you too.

Elvis.

What's the over under on how many dudes run 4.38 today???

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

Who did you pass on at 70 in terms of  G/C prospects? 

I don't remember. 

Fan of , Neil Young and Bob Dylan 

16 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Bruce Springsteen is easily one of the most overrated musicians of our time. 

Agreed.  Dude makes the GDP of a small country by whining about the plight of the lower/middle class while living on a $75m 400 acre gated compound, cheating his taxes, and epitomizing privilege in dodging dui charges.  Every single song of his whines more about hardships than I do about Eagles drafts.  

13 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Bruce Springsteen is easily one of the most overrated musicians of our time.  Billy Joel is underrated, as is Tom Petty.  My #1 all time is James Taylor.  My favorite female artist of all time is Gladys Knight.  

 

Freddy Mercury, Steve Perry, Robert Plant stand out as front men to me.  DLR but for sheer entertainment and I grew up on VH.  But he couldn't sing worth a lick.  

James taylor is the man.

Agree with DLR, I've only seen VH in concert once but it was with Sammy. He was pretty good.

53 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Would anyone be shocked if we ended up drafting in the mid 30's for our first pick?

 

 

 

Yeah, that would be excessive.

I love the value of the mid-2nd round though. If Waddle and Horn are both gone at 12 and the Eagles aren't in on Smith, I wouldn't mind a modest trade back (say pick 15) to get a trade asset to use in a trade up for another 2nd round pick.

 

10 minutes ago, Utebird said:

James taylor is the man.

Agree with DLR, I've only seen VH in concert once but it was with Sammy. He was pretty good.

James Taylor is a good song writer and a pleasant singer, but a rock star he's not. That's not a knock on him; it's just that he's not rock.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.