Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I believe his dad was like a bus driver.  I don't think he had that privileged an upbringing. He went to public school and dropped out of a small college.  It  wasn't like he grew up going to private schools, living in wealthy neighborhood and attended Ivy League schools. I don't think it's anything pretend.  

his mom was the bread winner and worked for a law firm and made good money back then , his biggest hardship was his daddy breaking a guitar , he's a poser

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, justrelax said:

These days it's mostly jazz. I'm particularly taken by Hiromi Uehara, a Japanese pianist. I've seen most of the great jazz pianists of the last 50 years and she's right up there with any of them - Oscar Peterson, McCoy Tyner, Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, Bill Evans, Dave Brubeck, Bud Powell... Yep, she's that good. Check out her versions of I've Got Rhythm on You Tube.

I do like some of the young women - Adelle, Billy Elish, etc. but after a few of their numbers I have to put on Tom Waits to clear my brain. I like some Mumford and Sons./

Otherwise I'm stuck in the past.

If this pandemic breaks, try to get to New Orleans for their jazz festival next year.  In April usually. 

Jalen Hurts changed his number and will now be wearing 1

11 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Daltry is merely a singer?  Incredible voice.  I would argue that the sound of The Who was the most dynamic rhythm section in rock n roll.  Keith Moon was such an artist.  His manic style covered by Entwistle’s range on the bass was incredible.  When you imagine their music and the tune, quite often what you are humming isn’t Townsend’s power chords, it’s the bottom put down by Keith and John. 

The guitar version of Moon is Keith Richards.  Both had a tendency to play where it wasn’t expected and rest on the beat.   

 

3 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

IMO even pete would say roger was more then a voice for the who. they have a great friendship too , remember when pete got in trouble with the law doing research for his book about being molested as a youth , roger took the stand to talk about pete's character and it really touched pete to the point of tears.

Yes, and thanks to both of you.

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yup I think another band that is just Uber talented musically that doesn't always get their just due because they didn't have a ton of chart toppers Rush

 

I think Rush will always have a core of fans that will believe they are the best band ever.  I think it's sometimes that fanbase which alienates others from their music.  

 

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

Jalen Hurts changed his number and will now be wearing 1

Stupid 

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

Jalen Hurts changed his number and will now be wearing 1

I like it. #2 is a crappy number for QBs.  Sorry Carson.  #7 also is a bad QB number.

2 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I think Rush will always have a core of fans that will believe they are the best band ever.  I think it's sometimes that fanbase which alienates others from their music.  

Yeah I get they're not every one's cup of tea and musically they're just super talented at every level.

I remember the first time I played Tom Sawyer for my wife,( she's a 90s chick) she said, " that's a dude singing???" 

Lol😄

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Stupid 

i know , was hoping to see him on prime time saying , jalen hurts #2 on the field but #1 in your hearts LOL , UNLESS YOU READ THIS BOARD LOL

5 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Jalen Hurts changed his number and will now be wearing 1

Is that in honor of the number of reads he plans to make before running downfield?

30 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

springsteen grew up in a wealthy family , he fails to mention that and pretends he was hard guy.

His dad owned a car shop.  He is pretty up front about growing up middle class.  But  he is of the age, like me, where my parents remembered growing up in the Depression and rationing during WWII, just like Springsteen.  You grow up frugal.  I did too and my kids, thank the gods, picked up some of that as well.  Wealth is often measured in the love of a spouse, the hug of a mother, a father’s hand on your shoulder, the laugh of a child, the smile of someone you helped.  

2 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

his mom was the bread winner and worked for a law firm and made good money back then , his biggest hardship was his daddy breaking a guitar , he's a poser

His mom working in a law firm and his dad working as a bus driver isn't wealthy.  In any event, it's not like an artist can only sing songs that are from their own perspective.  I mean how many country artists sing about being down on their luck.  Many of his songs were from the perspective of Vietnam veterans.  I don't view his songs as anything other than reflecting culture at the time he rose in popularity.  

6 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

 

Now he can only wear one shoe when he plays.  

3 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

Would anyone be shocked if we ended up drafting in the mid 30's for our first pick?

 

 

 

I think we could trade out of round 1, but I don’t think they’d then trade down from the top of the second round.

5 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yeah I get they're not every one's cup of tea and musically they're just super talented at every level.

I remember the first time I played Tom Sawyer for my wife,( she's a 90s chick) she said, " that's a dude singing???" 

Lol😄

I mean no question they were 3 of the most talented musicians together in a band.  

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

If this pandemic breaks, try to get to New Orleans for their jazz festival next year.  In April usually. 

Good advice. My wife and I honeymooned at the Heritage Jazz Festival all those decades ago. Back then it was the last weekend in April and the first weekend in May. We went down to the Gulf during the week. So much great music! Fats Domino, Clifton Chenier, Sweet Honey in the Rock, Hooker, Dr. John, Junior Walker, the Neville Brothers, Bonnie Raitt, many others, and soft shell crab Po Boys with the legs sticking out from the buns. Miller had a promotion going on for Miller Genuine Draft - $1 a can. Drank a lot of that.

Regarding Robert Johnson, blues is a whole other conversation, especially those old guys. Thank god for John Hammond.

32 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

springsteen grew up in a wealthy family , he fails to mention that and pretends he was hard guy.

Huh, what? I don't think so. You're thinking of someone else.

"Time passed; my father quit school at sixteen, working as a floor boy in the Karagheusian Rug Mill, a clanging factory of looms and deafening machinery that stretched across both sides of Center Street in a part of town called "Texas.” At eighteen, he went to war, sailing on the Queen Mary out of New York City. He served as a truck driver at the Battle of the Bulge, saw what little of the world he was going to see and returned home. He played pool, very well, for money. He met and fell in love with my mother, promising that if she’d marry him, he’d get a real job (red flag!). He worked with his cousin, David "Dim” Cashion, on the line at the Ford Motor plant in Edison and I came along."

"We were pretty near poor, though I never thought about it. We were clothed, fed and bedded. I had white and black friends worse off. My parents had jobs, my mother as a legal secretary and my father at Ford. Our house was old and soon to be noticeably decrepit. One kerosene stove in the living room was all we had to heat the whole place. Upstairs, where my family slept, you woke on winter mornings with your breath visible. One of my earliest childhood memories is the smell of kerosene and my grandfather standing there filling the spout in the rear of the stove. All of our cooking was done on a coal stove in the kitchen; as a child I’d shoot my water gun at its hot iron surface and watch the steam rise."

24 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Daltry is merely a singer?  Incredible voice.  I would argue that the sound of The Who was the most dynamic rhythm section in rock n roll.  Keith Moon was such an artist.  His manic style covered by Entwistle’s range on the bass was incredible.  When you imagine their music and the tune, quite often what you are humming isn’t Townsend’s power chords, it’s the bottom put down by Keith and John. 

The guitar version of Moon is Keith Richards.  Both had a tendency to play where it wasn’t expected and rest on the beat.   

I just meant it wasn't Daltry/Townsend, Townsend wrote for Daltry's voice.

Fleetwood Mac had the most flexible rhythm section, Fleetwood and McVie had numerous iterations of the band, and were able to adjust to each version.

13 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

If this pandemic breaks, try to get to New Orleans for their jazz festival next year.  In April usually. 

Co-signed

As a former NOLA resident:

Jazz Fest > Mardi Gras

Frenchmen St > Bourbon St

9 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I mean no question they were 3 of the most talented musicians together in a band.  

Yup, too bad with all that musical talent they couldn't come up with more songs people actually wanted to listen too.

My favorite band of all time is still AC/DC and they've been incredibly successful playing song after song with two chords and mind numbing repetitive beats.

My wife says I like it so much because I don't have to think while I listen, that it's so repetitive and simple that it just channels into some sort of primal force.

I could listen to thunderstruck or back in black for days even though my favorite AC/DC song is little known

Ride On.

 

46 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

springsteen grew up in a wealthy family , he fails to mention that and pretends he was hard guy.

You must be thinking of P. Diddy.

19 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I just can’t stand hypocrites.  If you have an 80’ yacht with 5,000hp, don’t whine about the environment and how horribly humans are destroying the earth.  

If you have have $100m worth of real estate on each coast, live a lifestyle that would make an oil sheik blush, and use both legal and illegal loopholes to avoid taxes, don’t patronize everyone else about wealth disparity and the misery of the lower class.

I think it was Chelsea Handler who did a white privilege movie and she talked about it and how she grew up poor.. Her family only had two homes, the other was in Martha’s Vineyard or Nantucket, etc.. Whatever, I don’t know anyone who had or has two homes that is poor. I like many here grew up in the late 70’s early 80’s when I believe mortgage rates were a fortune,  I grew up middle class and no one had a 2nd home. No private school that’s for sure.  
 Now lots of friends but me have a 2nd home at the beach and their kids all went to private school mostly Sallies, and Archmere, and you’d swear these kids grew up poor by the way they talk about the first car mom and dad bought them, lol.  My kids just like me started working at 14 for our first cars.  
 The worst ones are the ones who’s parents died , husband or wife parents and left them 3-4 hundred grand or their parents that give out 10 grand a year at Christmas when they start talking about making your own breaks in life and doing the right thing it’s a riot, you just hope a bullet ricochets off a wall and hits em right in the neck. 
 

8 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Thank god for John Hammond.

image.jpeg.48fcf805dcdc25a1bc3f0f1a80aec212.jpeg
41 minutes ago, greend said:

Dylan was a great song writer but his voice is like nails on a chalkboard 

That is my reaction to Bruce , awful

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.