Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

image.jpeg.be7b972da1f955eab0757f5ab2f1dd40.jpeg

Very.  I am a Van Hagar guy, while the musicianship is phenomenal either way, DLR was a little poppy and cheesy for my taste.  Hagar songs and lyrics where deeper.  I am all about some song lyrics and meanings.

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Elvis Pressley sucks.  

While he is not my favorite, and my Mom tormented me with non stop Elvis as a kid, that is a little strong.

Now Elvis Costello, never moved the needle for me in the slightest.

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Very.  I am a Van Hagar guy, while the musicianship is phenomenal either way, DLR was a little poppy and cheesy for my taste.  Hagar songs and lyrics where deeper.  I am all about some song lyrics and meanings.

dave with vh best song

 

impressive 
 
 
 
Looked incredibly explosive
 
 
Early results from Zaven Collins/LB/Tulsa pro day: 35 inch ver 10-2 broad 19 reps Times as fast as 4.56s on stopwatches. He was right around 6-feet-4-inches and 260 pounds coming into pro day
10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Very.  I am a Van Hagar guy, while the musicianship is phenomenal either way, DLR was a little poppy and cheesy for my taste.  Hagar songs and lyrics where deeper.  I am all about some song lyrics and meanings.

Can't think of Van Halen with Hagar without Crystal Pepsi instantly coming to mind.

1 hour ago, justrelax said:

James Taylor is a good song writer and a pleasant singer, but a rock star he's not. That's not a knock on him; it's just that he's not rock.

Yup, I think early james taylor looked like a rick guy with the long hair and strumming away on his acoustic guitar but he's more in the mold of a bob dylan songwriter folk singer.

 

Al 32 teams in Tulsa today for Zaven Collins' pro day
23 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Very.  I am a Van Hagar guy, while the musicianship is phenomenal either way, DLR was a little poppy and cheesy for my taste.  Hagar songs and lyrics where deeper.  I am all about some song lyrics and meanings.

My best friend his favorite band is VH and he is by far a van hagar fan and tolerates DLR and I can appreciate both, most of VH most iconic songs were with DLR, jump beinv their most famous song with other greats like  panama, every body wants some, hot for teacher, their cover of dancin in the streets and of course eddies intruder is a classic. 

So even though many like my friend like van hagar so much more I think it's silly to discount all the epic stuff VH did way before sammy.

Having said that OU812 and F.U.... are two of my favorite VH albums 

 

8 minutes ago, Original Sin said:
impressive 
 
 
 
Looked incredibly explosive
 
 
Early results from Zaven Collins/LB/Tulsa pro day: 35 inch ver 10-2 broad 19 reps Times as fast as 4.56s on stopwatches. He was right around 6-feet-4-inches and 260 pounds coming into pro day

I didn't think he was that big.  Zaven Collins future Pittsburgh Steeler OLB.  TJ Watt and Zaven Collins with Devin Bush and whoever they have at ILB2 would be a crazy set of LB in a 3-4.

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

I didn't think he was that big.  Zaven Collins future Pittsburgh Steeler OLB.  TJ Watt and Zaven Collins with Devin Bush and whoever they have at ILB2 would be a crazy set of LB in a 3-4.

He will end up in a 34 team , tremendous in coverage, maybe the best coverage backer in the draft , and can rush the passer

i think he will go by pick 20

39 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I saw DLR on the Eat and Smile tour or Skyscraper.  Don't remember which one.  I stood right by the speaker the whole time.  Great decision.  Ringing ear for a week.  My wife claims that's why I am losing some hearing.  Concerts and fireworks.  

Lol, my brother and I as teenagers did the same at metallica black album concert, im pretty sure thats why my hearing is pretty fuzzy, standing that close to the speaker one can feel the songs all the way deep into ones soul, it's a trip but not so good for the old ears😁

Does anyone listen to modern artists?

City and Colour is an artist I love listening to.  Very mellow music.

 

 

15 minutes ago, Original Sin said:
Al 32 teams in Tulsa today for Zaven Collins' pro day

I’ve been meaning to ask why don’t you copy and paste the link of the tweet instead of copying and pasting just the text? Just curious

30 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Elvis Pressley sucks.  

 

This is the best Elvis song.....I sing it to my wife every now and then to get her in the mood.    Enjoy...

 

 

Get her in the mood for what, a divorce? 

6 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Does anyone listen to modern artists?

City and Colour is an artist I love listening to.  Very mellow music.

 

 

I like some more mellow stuff Bread, Journey, james taylor,  a good hair band power ballad but I'm an 80s rocker at heart its what I grew up on as a kid and it's tough for me to stray from but this band Volbeat from Denmark has a very 80s rock feel for being a little more " modern" and I'm especially like this song 

As it has an 80s rock feel to it 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Bruce Springsteen is easily one of the most overrated musicians of our time.  Billy Joel is underrated, as is Tom Petty.  My #1 all time is James Taylor.  My favorite female artist of all time is Gladys Knight.

Suspect you haven’t listened to Bruce’s last two albums. Still putting out quality music. Great story teller. Give them a try. 

7 minutes ago, Utebird said:

 

I like some more mellow stuff Bread, Journey, james taylor,  a good hair band power ballad but I'm an 80s rocker at heart

I love 80's rock, but i'm a 70's kid, and that is the greatest era of music.  I still spin 70's vinyl all the time.

Back to  singers, I would sell my soul to sing like this guy

 

Just now, downundermike said:

I love 80's rock, but an a 70's kid, and that is the greatest era of music.  I still spin 70's vinyl all the time.

Back to  singers, I would sell my soul to sing like this guy

 

Yup love boston, as does my wife, great riffs insane vocals just great music, I love that era of music as well just before my time but, Boston, Kansas ,Toto,  foreigner and of course Journey but especially Boston and Journey.

Epic stuff.

My Zaven Collins RD2 dream is dead.

6 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I like some more mellow stuff Bread, Journey, james taylor,  a good hair band power ballad but I'm an 80s rocker at heart its what I grew up on as a kid and it's tough for me to stray from but this band Volbeat from Denmark has a very 80s rock feel for being a little more " modern" and I'm especially like this song 

As it has an 80s rock feel to it 

i like bread too , my dad had their albums and america. humble pie rocked too , steve marriott was underated guitar player and peter frampton was in the band too

 

6 minutes ago, RLC said:

My Zaven Collins RD2 dream is dead.

Yep, no chance.

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I don't remember. 

You're fired as mock GM. 

8 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

i like bread too , my dad had their albums and america. humble pie rocked too , steve marriott was underated guitar player and peter frampton was in the band too

 

Yup my dad listened to Bread and America as well, he'd put the tapes in the tape deck on summer road trips.he also liked Chicago, they weren't my cup of tea but they're not bad.

We just got an Alexa for the car so we're pumped to be able to have all our music out in the sticks ..Styx another great 70s band! 

Humble pie is reminiscent of AC/DC

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

You're fired as mock GM. 

why fire him ? even howie just has to go in the corner for a timeout. LOL

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Agreed.  Dude makes the GDP of a small country by whining about the plight of the lower/middle class while living on a $75m 400 acre gated compound, cheating his taxes, and epitomizing privilege in dodging dui charges.  Every single song of his whines more about hardships than I do about Eagles drafts.  

Dude was a .002. Not DUI and the officer admitted as much.  Did plea to drinking in the park. Has always given to charities.  Second time I saw him forward he always solicited for folks to bring contributions to the local food banks.  

 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.