EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Watson might go nuts.

The Texans organization is terrible now. JJ Watt should retire or ask to be traded to a contender.  Watson needs to get out of there. He should start doing situps in his driveway.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Parrot Head said:

I’d actually be fine with McDaniels.

Build a case, please.  I need to understand this.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

There’s been rumors circulating this year that another reason (besides belichick) why Tom Brady left was because Josh McDaniels was also a dbag. 

He would give it back to Brady, so Brady probably doesn't like that. But, if Lurie felt Chip lacked emotional intelligence, then I can't see how he feels that McDaniels has it.  He has less than  Chip.

3 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

He would give it back to Brady, so Brady probably doesn't like that. But, if Lurie felt Chip lacked emotional intelligence, then I can't see how he feels that McDaniels has it.  He has less than  Chip.

Yup. Bo wulf gonna have a field day with this if he’s the coach. He talked it into existence after the presser Lurie mentioned mcdaniels as josh 

59 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Manning was basically the OC in Denver. Tannehill became better once getting away from him. He killed Darnold. His personality sucks. His ego sucks. 

Keep him away. 

Last time Wentz played well was when he had an abrasive personality coaching him. Isnt that what all these hatchet job stories are about? He needs a coach whos gonna make him his bish, rather than let Wentz to that to him. Maybe McDaniels is the right guy to get the most out of him. 

29 minutes ago, austinfan said:

No matter who the Eagles hire, they're gonna take crap. That's the way of the world. But winning solves everything, while if they got the ideal candidate and he loses, they're idiots.

So I'd ignore the media and the fans.

They're interviewing lots of candidates because they're taking advantage of the opportunity to network, gather information and hope someone blows them away and makes the decision easy to make. That's far better than rushing the process to get the "perfect coach," like Gase and McAdoo were supposed to be when they hired Pederson. Since the coach is a crapshoot, gathering a lot of information about their team, potential coordinators down the road, and different approaches to schemes and rebuilding may be more valuable in the long run than which coach they end up hiring.

So... the draft is a crapshoot, and determine the coach is a crapshoot too?   

Yeah.... I'm not buying either one.  Some teams can evaluate better than others.  Draft picks and coaches.   There's a reason there are some good teams are generally always pretty good, and why there are always some teams that are always pretty bad.   If it were truly a crap shoot, you'd think a team like the Lions would finally land a good HC... and yet, they can't... ever.

31 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Brian DaBoll for an official interview. 

id throw so much money at him, hed be a moron to say no to us and go with the chargers. Money talks. 

Id be more willing to throw money on him then any of the other candidates listed right now. 

You claimed only a few days ago Kafka was the guy. 

He says a lot, not much of it is worth reading.

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So he's not young. At this point he is what he is. That may be a good thing, that may be a bad thing. And I agree i don't think at the time the contract was a bad deal. 

Tannehill disagrees with you

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Build a case, please.  I need to understand this.

I think a lot of Eagles fans dislike him, but I’m not one of them that’s in their feelings about the guy.

I believe, regardless of how fans feel about him, that he is largely respected across the league...players and coaches. He would have the ability to assemble a top staff.

He would bring a legitimacy, pedigree, and track record to the locker room.

And I have to believe that he understands that if he pulled another Indy stunt that he would never get another interview again. So, he should be highly motivated to get it right this go round.

And he would never get bullied by Carson Wentz.

14 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Not to join team Lowie, but it is pretty telling that Pederson is interviewing for an OC position.  

I don't think its that telling at this point, but it could also be a comfort factor.  As OC he can focus on offense only, and won't have to hold 4 or 5 press conferences per week during the season.   He would be available for one session a week, maybe 2, and then just do his job without all the stress associated with HC.   Some people just aren't built for it... and others might be, but don't want it. 

6 minutes ago, Parrot Head said:

I think a lot of Eagles fans dislike him, but I’m not one of them that’s in their feelings about the guy.

I believe, regardless of how fans feel about him, that he is largely respected across the league...players and coaches. He would have the ability to assemble a top staff.

And I have to believe that he understands that if he pulled another Indy stunt that he would never get another interview again. So, he should be highly motivated to get it right this go round.

I absolutely hate his guts... 100%... 

but you make sense.   

18 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Not to join team Lowie, but it is pretty telling that Pederson is interviewing for an OC position.  

Its more telling that not a single team wanted to interview him for a HC job. Not even just a feeler interview. Just shows how other owners felt he really did in his last few years here. 

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I don't think its that telling at this point, but it could also be a comfort factor.  As OC he can focus on offense only, and won't have to hold 4 or 5 press conferences per week during the season.   He would be available for one session a week, maybe 2, and then just do his job without all the stress associated with HC.   Some people just aren't built for it... and others might be, but don't want it. 

Not only that in seattle he gets to be the de facto HC of the offense. And if it thrives with Wilson then he gets a HC next year instead of getting one off a bad year. 

12 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Last time Wentz played well was when he had an abrasive personality coaching him. Isnt that what all these hatchet job stories are about? He needs a coach whos gonna make him his bish, rather than let Wentz to that to him. Maybe McDaniels is the right guy to get the most out of him. 

10 minutes ago, Parrot Head said:

Thats the key there. And thats something that would give him a leg up on most, if not all of these candidates.

If these wentz stories are true, can anyone see him listening to Mike Kafka? :lol:

McDaniels, now we are talking about someone who will really force accountability. And not just for Wentz. I think just about the whole team was missing that last year. 

Top 3 now:

Brady

Riley

McDaniels 

I leave out Daboll as reports are he is going to the Chargers which makes sense because the Chargers aren't really interviewing anyone else right now. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Derrick Henry says hello. 

And? He's still playing better with Titans. It proved you wrong that QBs can't change

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Thats the key there. And thats something that would give him a leg up on most, if not all of these candidates.

If these wentz stories are true, can anyone see him listening to Mike Kafka? :lol:

McDaniels, now we are talking about someone who will really force accountability. And not just for Wentz. I think just about the whole team was missing that last year. 

We will be bottom 1/3 of the league in ppg but at least we have accountability.

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Except for keeping his word.   

27 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Can you fill me in? 

• According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Colorado police arrested Bieniemy and teammate Kanvavis McGhee following a February 1998 bar fight. Bieniemy was charged with disorderly conduct and fighting in public, but he pleaded no contest. He and McGhee each received deferred sentences and performed court-mandated community service.
  • According to the Orlando Sentinel, Bienemy pleaded no contest after allegedly shoving a firefighter on July 4, 1990. Colorado suspended Bieniemy for one game in the upcoming season.
  • Colorado police once again arrested Bieniemy, then in the NFL, in September 1993. The Orlando Sentinel reported that Bieniemy allegedly grabbed a female parking attendant by the neck and threatened her.

The University of Colorado Boulder banned Bieniemy from its campus for one year as a result.

"She stated that the male who grabbed her said something about ‘a bunch of Black males all at once being her worst nightmare,” the attendant told police, according to the arrest report.

• According to the Daily Bruin, Colorado police arrested Bieniemy on a DUI charge in April 2001, three months after he joined the football staff as a running backs coach. He previously had his driver’s license suspended after numerous violations. 
  • Bieniemy was also linked to allegations that Colorado’s football program "used alcohol and sex to lure recruits.” ESPN reported in 2004 that the university discovered there was evidence of drugs and alcohol being used to "entice recruits,” but no university officials were guilty of misconduct.

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:
  • According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Colorado police arrested Bieniemy and teammate Kanvavis McGhee following a February 1998 bar fight. Bieniemy was charged with disorderly conduct and fighting in public, but he pleaded no contest. He and McGhee each received deferred sentences and performed court-mandated community service.
  • According to the Orlando Sentinel, Bienemy pleaded no contest after allegedly shoving a firefighter on July 4, 1990. Colorado suspended Bieniemy for one game in the upcoming season.
  • Colorado police once again arrested Bieniemy, then in the NFL, in September 1993. The Orlando Sentinel reported that Bieniemy allegedly grabbed a female parking attendant by the neck and threatened her.

The University of Colorado Boulder banned Bieniemy from its campus for one year as a result.

"She stated that the male who grabbed her said something about ‘a bunch of Black males all at once being her worst nightmare,” the attendant told police, according to the arrest report.

• According to the Daily Bruin, Colorado police arrested Bieniemy on a DUI charge in April 2001, three months after he joined the football staff as a running backs coach. He previously had his driver’s license suspended after numerous violations. 
  • Bieniemy was also linked to allegations that Colorado’s football program "used alcohol and sex to lure recruits.” ESPN reported in 2004 that the university discovered there was evidence of drugs and alcohol being used to "entice recruits,” but no university officials were guilty of misconduct.

might have something to do with him continuously being passed over. It’s not just a one time thing. It’s multiple things. 

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Sounds like a Philly kinda of guy. 

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Wow.   That was a while ago, and people can change.  But, that's not a good list to have associated with your name.

Archived