EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Imagine bringing in Patricia after trading for Slay. 

😅

Or any Patriot assistant have Lane Johnson publicly said that they don't have any fun and doesn't want to play for them.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ManuManu said:

Yet they shown interest in Eric who is also on the Chiefs? 

Trust me, Im nothing more then thrilled that Kafka is not yet been asked to be interviewed. 

25 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Some of you guys talk about Wentz like he’s Blake Bortles.

There is a history of top 10 QB play.  If a head coach candidate takes the position that he’s more qualified to work with the backup QB as his long term strategy (that backup is Hurts, for those who are confused), the interview should be concluded with handshakes almost on the spot

Some of you talk about Wentz like he’s Tom Brady. 

Saw someone mention elsewhere that Dorsey would have wanted to bring Bienemy if he got a GM job. I wonder if he has any say here?

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Saw someone mention elsewhere that Dorsey would have wanted to bring Bienemy if he got a GM job. I wonder if he has any say here?

We can only hope. If he has that much say on suggestions on who they hire, then good chance he could be a factor in player additions, draft etc. 

2 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Some of you talk about Wentz like he’s Tom Brady. 

I talk about him as the QB the organization has already committed to — like it or not.  His 2016-2019 play overshadows his 2020 play.

13 minutes ago, RLC said:

Sometimes, I don't understand people. How can anyone believe in McDaniels?

baaaaaarrrrrrrrffffffffffff

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

So what difference does taking heat make if he hires Kafka? Literally none.

It was a pretty simple conversation to follow. The fact that you need to ask is alarming.

6 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I talk about him as the QB the organization has already committed to — like it or not.  His 2016-2019 play overshadows his 2020 play.

And boy did they screw up by doing so. I disagree with his play overshadowing 2020. He is what he is. 

39 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

McDaniels, Kafka, or Staley...pick your poison.

In this scenario, I'd roll with Staley and trust he can assemble a legit coordinator staff.

Kafka

28 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Old, but is there a more hatable coaching staff if this is true?

Lol that FO wants to be the new Jets and Browns

6 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

baaaaaarrrrrrrrffffffffffff

Of all the people they have interviewed who would you take?

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

The story says Mel Kiper liked him for NE — not sure about McDaniels 

3 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

And boy did they screw up by doing so. I disagree with his play overshadowing 2020. He is what he is. 

Remains to be seen.  His contract hasn’t kicked in yet.

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

The story says Mel Kiper liked him for NE — not sure about McDaniels 

He deleted the tweet so he must have read the story afterward. 

1 minute ago, jwill2420 said:

None, I want candidates they can't interview yet.

But if I had to choose, I guess Brady? Who else is left? Duce and Jarod Mayo?

1 minute ago, we_gotta_believe said:

None, I want candidates they can't interview yet.

But if I had to choose, I guess Brady? Who else is left? Duce and Jarod Mayo?

Who would you want that they haven’t interviewed?

6 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Who all have they interviewed so far?

I think McDaniels is gonna be the guy.

he does well in interviews, Lurie admires the Patriots, and if they think Wentz needs to be fixed, McDaniels has been around the block and coached many QB types. 

Just my opinion.

No matter who the Eagles hire, they're gonna take crap. That's the way of the world. But winning solves everything, while if they got the ideal candidate and he loses, they're idiots.

So I'd ignore the media and the fans.

They're interviewing lots of candidates because they're taking advantage of the opportunity to network, gather information and hope someone blows them away and makes the decision easy to make. That's far better than rushing the process to get the "perfect coach," like Gase and McAdoo were supposed to be when they hired Pederson. Since the coach is a crapshoot, gathering a lot of information about their team, potential coordinators down the road, and different approaches to schemes and rebuilding may be more valuable in the long run than which coach they end up hiring.

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Who would you want that they haven’t interviewed?

Brian DaBoll for an official interview. 

id throw so much money at him, hed be a moron to say no to us and go with the chargers. Money talks. 

Id be more willing to throw money on him then any of the other candidates listed right now. 

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

I think McDaniels is gonna be the guy.

he does well in interviews, Lurie admires the Patriots, and if they think Wentz needs to be fixed, McDaniels has been around the block and coached many QB types. 

Just my opinion.

You claimed only a few days ago Kafka was the guy. 

28 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

It was a pretty simple conversation to follow. The fact that you need to ask is alarming.

the fact you brought up the statement everyone knew he’d take heat and it didn’t matter whatsoever as we also knew he didnt care if he got heat for is pretty alarming....  the words Duh come to mind. dynamite drop in though that he’d take heat. Like that was some earth shattering news. Please tell Adam schefter so he knows.

Got to make sure we have the obvious out there you know he’s going to take heat like Jeffrey lurie Fing gives a crap

NFL coaches aren’t the sharpest tools in the shed.  Belichick got something like a 1400 on the SAT and runs intellectual laps around the rest of them combined.  

Half the battle is just getting them to take a damn hint.  Pass often, pass deep, use vertically tiered routes, pay attention to obvious matchup inequalities.  Don’t build your team around a style of play from the 1980’s.

This isnt rocket science.  But half the coaches in the NFL DONT UNDERSTAND that.  That’s why someone who once was Facebook friends with Peyton Manning, someone who cleaned Mcvay’s office, someone who mowed Belichick’s lawn probably is more willing to do it in the fashion the nfl has dictated that works...and is more likely to do it than some other random meathead.

1 minute ago, DeathByEagle said:

Brian DaBoll for an official interview. 

id throw so much money at him, hed be a moron to say no. Money talks. 

Id be more willing to throw money on him then any of the other candidates listed right now. 

You claimed only a few days ago Kafka was the guy. 

Didn’t know McDaniels was a candidate. Now that he is I changed my prediction.

Archived