EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

8 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

if my math is right, he played 256 snaps.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Sounds right. Reagor had 511.

Van Jefferson on this roster is a better version of Greg Ward.  He would have been the best WR on this roster... but round 3 was just too rich.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, RLC said:

So how are we feeling about Brandon Staley?

Probably the same way Browns felt about Stefanski after the Vikings had a bad playoff loss. 

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

So... you are agreeing that they need a LT?  

Yes. Just adding conversation 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

? Ok? And I gave context why he’s struggling. He’s older than Peters, and hurt. 

I thought you were arguing against them needing a new LT using horrible logic lol my mistake

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Van Jefferson on this roster is a better version of Greg Ward.  He would have been the best WR on this roster... but round 3 was just too rich.

He went in round 2. 

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

I thought you were arguing against them needing a new LT using horrible logic lol my mistake

Oh, no. They did the same Eagles mistake and stuck with a guy a year or two longer than they should have. 

I find it comical that people are actually giving up on Reagor when he missed 5 games, had a QB with a 73 QB rating throwing him the ball most of the season and has actually looked decent on game film.  (Has been open quite a bit).  Granted, he still has work to do, he needs to get better with certain routes, etc but to bash him with all things considered is nonsensical, imo.

5 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

A year ago the packers were all about friction b/w the head coach and the qb and they drafted his replacement

things can change fast if you have a qb and coach on the same page

Except Rodgers >>>>>>>>>>>>> Wentz.  You can make franchise decisions around Rodgers.  

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yes!! We got Collinsworth!!!   Woooo Hoo

Thank you Captain Sensical 

You're welcome, anytime. ;) 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He went in round 2. 

Even worse then.  Lol. I just remembered he went higher than I would have taken him.

2 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

I find it comical that people are actually giving up on Reagor when he missed 5 games, had a QB with a 73 QB rating throwing him the ball most of the season and has actually looked decent on game film.  (Has been open quite a bit).  Granted, he still has work to do, he needs to get better with certain routes, etc but to bash him with all things considered is nonsensical, imo.

Personally, I supported the Reagor pick and am not giving up.  But I’m also very critical.  He flat out sucked this year.

Just now, eagle45 said:

Personally, I supported the Reagor pick and am not giving up.  But I’m also very critical.  He flat out sucked this year.

He was disappointing for sure. Sloppy and disinterested at times. I think if he had three or four better throws his way we’d be viewing him a little better. He screwed up a lot, but the QBs failed him often too. 

Just now, eagle45 said:

I wanted nothing to do with him before the draft. He was not on my list of draft able players in round 1. Hopefully a new coaching staff can make him a avg player. Best I can hope for. 

Just now, eagle45 said:

Personally, I supposed the Reagor pick and am not giving up.  But I’m also very critical.  He flat out sucked this year.

If you took the time to watch game film, you would see that he was open A LOT.  I'm not going to turn this into another Wentz bashing but had he had better QB play, his numbers would have been significantly better, imo.   That said, he's still a rookie and makes mistakes etc...but there were a ton of plays left on the field this past season when he didn't make mistakes and would have made plays had the ball been delivered to him. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

I think if he had three or four better throws his way we’d be viewing him a little better. He screwed up a lot, but the QBs failed him often too. 

This. 

Just now, Michaels maniacs said:

Whose green bays oc?

Their HC so not a chance. 

5 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

He really hasn’t, that’s part of the issue. I’m not giving up on him, and I think a new coaching staff coming in has a chance to salvage him. 

7 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Who gave up? 

2 minutes ago, Michaels maniacs said:

Whose green bays oc?

Nathaniel Hackett

Can you imagine Carson Wentz in a dink  and dunk offense that doesn’t value the running game. It’s almost certain Howie and Jeff will hire Josh McDaniels.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

He really hasn’t, that’s part of the issue. I’m not giving up on him, and I think a new coaching staff coming in has a chance to salvage him. 

He has though.  For every bad piece of film you see on him he has at least 1 or 2 plays where he's been open.  He's a rookie so of course he's going to make mistakes and he has run a few lazy routes but there's a lot of good I've seen as well....more good than bad, imo. 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He’s been running sloppy routes and gives up on routes. One or two good plays in a game when you get 50-60 snaps isn’t good enough. The QB play didn’t help him either. Also his coaching was also not good. They used him on back shoulder throws and things he’s not great at and didn’t utilize him to what he does best or his biggest strengths most of the year. It’s all of the above. 

Also, we gotta stop with this knee jerk judging of HC candidates based on a single game. A week ago he baffled Russell Wilson.

Staley is inexperienced and that’s a huge concern, but he coached an awesome defense this year that greatly improved upon Wade Phillips from the year before. 

The same goes for Arthur Smith. He was much better for Tennessee than LaFleur was, and it wasn’t even close. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

Also, we gotta stop with this knee jerk judging of HC candidates based on a single game. A week ago he baffled Russell Wilson.

Staley is inexperienced and that’s a huge concern, but he coached an awesome defense this year that greatly improved upon Wade Phillips from the year before. 

The same goes for Arthur Smith. He was much better for Tennessee than LaFleur was, and it wasn’t even close. 

Fairness besides the Jets most teams baffled the Seahawks the second half of the year. They averaged 22ppg in their last 9 games (8 regular season and 1 playoff game)

Archived