EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

might have something to do with him continuously being passed over. It’s not just a one time thing. It’s multiple things. 

Correct.  These issues combined with the fact he has weapons in the top 5 at key positions to work with make him a hard no for me.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bpac55 said:

Correct.  These issues combined with the fact he has weapons in the top 5 at key positions to work with make him a hard no for me.

I knew about the Colorado drugs and alcohol with recruits in 2004. The rest  i was too young and didn’t remember 

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

To me, its far less about the weapons he has, but the fact that he's under AR.  What offensive assistant under Andy has had sustained success after leaving Big Red?   Doug was his best answer to that.  But, he's just been canned after 5 years here.  Nagy made the playoffs, but mostly on the back of the D.  Childress didn't make it. Shurmur failed.   

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I knew about the Colorado drugs and alcohol with recruits in 2004. The rest  i was too young and didn’t remember 

That's ok.   I'm not too young, but didn't follow that back then.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Wow.   That was a while ago, and people can change.  But, that's not a good list to have associated with your name.

I agree, people can change and we shouldn't judge people from things they did 20 years ago (cancel culture is the worst), however it wasn't a one-time thing.  It's not a good look for someone who is supposed to be a leader of men to choke out a female, use his status as a privilege and ignore rules when he is already in trouble.  

See Aaron Donald made a big play... got a 15 yard penalty to help the packers go from 3rs and 7 to first down inside the 25 and score a td. 

Brandon Staley's interview is not going well so far. Who's next on the list? 

24 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Thats the key there. And thats something that would give him a leg up on most, if not all of these candidates.

If these wentz stories are true, can anyone see him listening to Mike Kafka? :lol:

McDaniels, now we are talking about someone who will really force accountability. And not just for Wentz. I think just about the whole team was missing that last year. 

I know a lot of people don't like McDaniels, but he wouldn't put up with an ounce of Wentz's BS. I just don't for a single second think there's a chance of him becoming the Eagles coach. 

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Who would you want that they haven’t interviewed?

Daboll, Roman, Martindale, Carmichael

42 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

So... the draft is a crapshoot, and determine the coach is a crapshoot too?   

Yeah.... I'm not buying either one.  Some teams can evaluate better than others.  Draft picks and coaches.   There's a reason there are some good teams are generally always pretty good, and why there are always some teams that are always pretty bad.   If it were truly a crap shoot, you'd think a team like the Lions would finally land a good HC... and yet, they can't... ever.

Yet every coach Lurie hires makes the playoffs: Rhodes (2), Reid (9), Chip (1), Pederson (3).

How many other franchises have done as well with their coaching hires?

If you guys want to be reminded of good play design with great Oline then watch this Packers game

10 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Howie is so good at drafting players who make the playoffs!

I'm sure this was Stoutland's call. I think Prince isn't fully recovered from his knee injury. It was a late 6th rd gamble, guess they liked Toth better.

1 minute ago, austinfan said:

I'm sure this was Stoutland's call. I think Prince isn't fully recovered from his knee injury. It was a late 6th rd gamble, guess they liked Toth better.

OK Howie/Jeff, whichever one of you this is then you put him on IR.  It's another example of failed roster management and a waste of a draft pick.  Might as well not draft in the 6th and 7th then with Prince and Toohill gone.  

2 minutes ago, austinfan said:

I know they hated when they lost Toth last year to the cardinals. It hurt Roth’s development cause the cardinals aren’t exactly great at developing olinemen. He’d probably be much further in his development if he was here for two years not just here this year. 

13 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I've gotta say, the Packers sound guy is doing a bang up job of using realistic crowd responses throughout this game. 

The stadium looks pretty filled to me. 

Think they said 9,000+ in the stadium today.

That many liquored up Packers fan probably sounds pretty loud.

2 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

The stadium looks pretty filled to me. 

I just noticed that and deleted the post ha.

41 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I agree, people can change and we shouldn't judge people from things they did 20 years ago (cancel culture is the worst), however it wasn't a one-time thing.  It's not a good look for someone who is supposed to be a leader of men to choke out a female, use his status as a privilege and ignore rules when he is already in trouble.  

Oh, I agree.  

29 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Yet every coach Lurie hires makes the playoffs: Rhodes (2), Reid (9), Chip (1), Pederson (3).

This is the definition of a strawman.  

On 1/13/2021 at 5:31 AM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

spacer.png

He also called howie a mathlete ruining the team 

That was pretty funny, a M-athlete

But he over exaggerated how bad our talent is save for who won’t be here as to cap casualties. With a more healthy OL including Brooks and Lane I say we are an above .500 team and in the playoffs ... that is if that was the reason Carson fell off a cliff. Not sure who takes the blame for that and probably what deep down really bothers everyone here. We thought we were set thru most of the ‘20’s. A freak injury on a great play by Wentz and that could be all she wrote. 

Can’t blame Howie if Lurie is butting into the draft process but the mass perception that Roseman is treated as a pet means he has to go even if he is performing his job properly. All we should need from Jeff is to be good at finding excellent GM’s and the rest should take care of itself. Disappointed in what’s coming out about the guy

Caris Levert who was in the Harden trade has a small mass on his kidney after the post trade MRI as part of the physical.

If it ends up being some type of malignant mass, this trade may have saved his life.

44 minutes ago, austinfan said:

So, coaching isn't a crapshoot then? 

But, if merely making the playoffs is the goal, I think more than I think you'd be willing to admit match up favorably to Lurie.   Are we talking just getting 4 in a row that made the playoffs, or 4 different coaches in 25 years? I'd like to see coaches last more than 4, 3, and 5 years, Reid being the lone standout 'long term' HC.

GB
Pittsburgh
Balitmore
NE (only 1, but outlasted all 4 here),
Colts - 8 out of the last 9, including the last 7 in a row.
Cowboys (8 out of their 9 all-time coaches made the playoffs, including 5 of the last 6...including last 3 before McCarthy, and its too soon to judge him),
Bears could have a case made - 6 in a row, though there has been a draught since 2013, broken by Nagy.
Texans would count too.  Last 2 head coaches have made the playoffs.  Only HC for a full season not to make the Playoffs was Dom Capers in their first 4 years in the league.
Panthers 3 out of 4, not counting Matt Rhule, too soon to count him.
NY Jets had a string of 4 straight HCs that they selected make the playoffs from Parcells to Rex Ryan, but it was broken when Bill Belichek pulled a Josh McDaniels.  That HC for that one year (Al Groh) missed the playoffs and was replaced by Herm Edwards, who did make the playoffs.

Should I keep going? 

Quite a few teams manage to hire coaches to get them to the playoffs within their tenure.  That alone is not the goal, is it?   I thought the goal was really to get to the Super Bowl and be a legit contender every year... 'Gold standard' and all that.   Only 2 of Lurie's hires can then count.  So, roughly 50% on hires.  Andy and Doug.  These teams under Rhodes never was a legitimate threat to win the Super Bowl.  Same with Chip.   

Archived