EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He’s been running sloppy routes and gives up on routes. The QB play didn’t help him either. Also his coaching was also not good. They used him on back shoulder throws and things he’s not great at and didn’t utilize him to what he does best or his biggest strengths most of the year. It’s all of the above. 

I’m not really sure what his strengths are based on his rookie year.  

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s been running sloppy routes and gives up on routes. One or two good plays in a game when you get 50-60 snaps isn’t good enough. The QB play didn’t help him either. Also his coaching was also not good. They used him on back shoulder throws and things he’s not great at and didn’t utilize him to what he does best or his biggest strengths most of the year. It’s all of the above. 

He also had a torn labrum that likely limited his range of motion. 

I was told we need a head coach to fix Wentz so how does a DC for the Rams fix Wentz? It should have been Arthur Smith and now it needs to be Joe Brady. 

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Who gave up? 

Saying that Van Jefferson would be the best WR on this team is indirectly bashing Reagor.  Reagor (as critical as some are) would run circles around Van Jefferson and this is coming from someone who was very high on Van Jefferson coming out.  I had him as a late 3rd round value.  I assure you Van Jefferson would have barely seen any snaps this season had he been on the Eagles. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

He also had a torn labrum that likely limited his range of motion. 

Injuries also didn’t help matters. 

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

I’m not really sure what his strengths are based on his rookie year.  

I’d like to see him with a better coaching staff to make the judgment he flat out sucks. It’s not like sanders was great receiving or pass pro this year. He also regressed in those areas. I think better coaching helps. 

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Also, we gotta stop with this knee jerk judging of HC candidates based on a single game. 

willy-wonka-you-must-be-new-here.gif

Fairness besides the Jets most teams baffled the Seahawks the second half of the year. They averaged 22ppg in their last 9 games (8 regular season and 1 playoff game)

Wilson did basically nothing until garbage time. It was a great performance. He completed 11 of 27 passes. You don’t see that out of Wilson. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Also, we gotta stop with this knee jerk judging of HC candidates based on a single game. A week ago he baffled Russell Wilson.

Staley is inexperienced and that’s a huge concern, but he coached an awesome defense this year that greatly improved upon Wade Phillips from the year before. 

The same goes for Arthur Smith. He was much better for Tennessee than LaFleur was, and it wasn’t even close. 

Wilson had no Oline. Rodgers has an Oline. Just saying...

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Shhhhhh.  It helps him advance his anti Wentz narrative.   

Really?  Didn't you just say that it would be best if the Eagles and Wentz parted ways? 

4 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

He has though.  For every bad piece of film you see on him he has at least 1 or 2 plays where he's been open.  He's a rookie so of course he's going to make mistakes and he has run a few lazy routes but there's a lot of good I've seen as well....more good than bad, imo. 

I wouldn’t say a 1:1 ratio of good snaps vs bad snaps is something to hang your hat on, even if it’s a rookie. I don’t think he was a disaster, just more along the lines of mediocre. 

Anyway, it will be very interesting to see what Lamar Jackson does against the Bills again.

Will he have more completions than rushing attempts? 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

I wouldn’t say a 1:1 ratio of good snaps vs bad snaps is something to hang your hat on, even if it’s a rookie. I don’t think he was a disaster, just more along the lines of mediocre. 

That's fair enough and I think all eyes should be on him come next season. WR's with his skill set typically get much better their 2nd season. 

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Wilson had no Oline. Rodgers has an Oline. Just saying...

He had the no. 1 defense this year. My goodness, you guys. 

The name is escaping me even though he just spoke but the guy just said it looks like it's moving in the direction of Watson requesting a trade. I believe he said Watson hasn't done it yet because once it's out there then it's of course final

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Wilson did basically nothing until garbage time. It was a great performance. He completed 11 of 27 passes. You don’t see that out of Wilson. 

I wish i had the stats against the Rams this year he was not very good. The Rams did an excellent job on DK besides the long DK td against him this year. As well as Lockett i believe. They really wrecked the Seahawks oline 

Just now, Ace Nova said:

I might get heat for this but I don't see the infatuation with Watson.  He makes a ton of highlight reel plays but how good has he been since he lost Hopkins? 

How good had he been with Hopkins? I don't see anything great with Watson either

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Florio with groundbreaking news on the Eagles HC search.  

Florio's motto:

giphy.gif

If he says enough nothings... eventually those nothings add up to something.    Frankly, he's been able to snow a few folks and sold his sad little website to NBC and got himself a full-time gig doing the same nothings, echoing others and generally being boring.

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

How good had he been with Hopkins? I don't see anything great with Watson either

He's actually been fantastic this year.  That's why I deleted my post.  I had no idea the season he had.  Well, I guess I was mistaken.  

5 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Lurie is going to take heat if he hires Kafka, period.

get ready he will be the ridiculous hire.

Not having 4 bad coaches in Wentz' ear, and 1 of them consistently calling bad situational plays and having backasswards personnel groups on the field will instantly help Wentz. 

Reagor will be fine.  Yet another player the coaches couldn't figure out when it was plain as day how they should have used him.  Like 4 f'ing punt returns and he takes 1 to the house. Dumbarses.  

And I love this "new" report about Wentz, which you just know was leaked by one of the all star coaches that just got canned.  As if during those film sessions they didnt see numerous OL breakdowns by one of the 47 combinations they used, or numerous screens to Greg Ward, or numerous plays that never had chance in hell.  If I was Wentz Id have gotten tired of it too.   For 3 f'ing years the coaching slowly got worse and worse, he got hit more and more, and everyone realized Doug was a lost puppy. 

Scangarello and Mornhinweg will never get a decent job again.  Doug will be lucky to get an OC job next year, he may have to take a season off.  But no, it was that awful awful Wentz that ruined their great coaching bc of his attitude, in between him doing charity work or going to church, his attitude was just toxic.   Handing out free meals one hour, then mouthing off to the coaches and being a horrible teammate the next.  Of course, none of this was ever caught on camera or a microphone, but we should believe it because some guy named Saint Liquid and BLG say its true.   

Even though Hurts and Sudfeld looked just as lost running this stupid pass-happy nonsense, it was Wentz the whole time!

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

🤯  I said if he is resistant to hard coaching he needs to be gone.  And it might be best to clean house with him.  But Hurts is not the long term solution at QB.  I’m willing to see Wentz with another HC and I hoped that he’s been humbled by the benching.  Far cry from your spinning.   And you of all posters should not be calling anyone out about contradictions. 

I think Wentz was resistant to bad coaching

Imagine that

Watson had a career year without Hopkins and with his coach being an idiot and getting fired liked week 6. He’s a legit top 5ish QB

2 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

He's actually been fantastic this year.  That's why I deleted my post.  I had no idea the season he had.  Well, I guess I was mistaken.  

Crap he did lol. He didn't have any 4th quarter comebacks or. Game winning drives tho

Mike Florio is the equivalent to mike31mt giving inside reporting

And Im not even joking, he is from my hometown and still lices there, and had literally no connections whatsoever.  Just lucked out with NBC needing a football site

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

🤯  I said if he is resistant to hard coaching he needs to be gone.  And it might be best to clean house with him.  But Hurts is not the long term solution at QB.  Far cry from your spinning.   And you of all posters should not be calling anyone out about contradictions. 

Who said anything about Hurts?  My wanting to see another QB start had little-to-nothing to do with Hurts. 

I wanted to see what this offense looked like with another QB running it.  And it did look better for about 2 1/2 games.  And some of my suspicions were validated today when it was revealed that Wentz had been intentionally checking out of plays.  I could see it on film but unless you know what play was called, etc...you never get the full story.   

When Hurts came in, he ran the plays that were called for him and the offense ran better.  That said, I think the jury is still out on Hurts.  I think he has a ton of potential but still needs to learn the game at the NFL level, especially being more patient and going through his reads. 

Hate Florio hate Phil Simms hate Chris Simms

Archived