EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

Sean McVay used one of his timeouts on 3rd and 16 in a playoff game in the 4th quarter!

And he's supposed to be this "smart" coach. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Both are consistent. Drafting is a crapshoot, doesn't mean you can't improve the odds, but even the best teams whiff on a substantial portion of picks in the top 100, and a lot more on the third day.

Same with hiring HCs, probably well over half are failures, because the half dozen franchises that consistently win do so because they won the coaching lottery and keep that HC around as long as possible - as we did with AR.

Just because the results are so widely variant does NOT make it a crap shoot.  The teams I listed have all consistently "won the lottery" as you put it.  If you are consistently winning, it is not random, but rather predictable.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Even Van Jefferson is looking better than Reagor 

I was thinking that too so I looked at his stats for the year.  19 catches for 220 and a TD.

He had his 2nd most productive game against the Eagles 4 for 45 so I think that stood out and made me think he was having a productive year.

I didn't want him in the draft because he'll already be 25 in year 2, doesn't have any elite traits or room to grow.  He does seem reliable though in the 2 games I've seen him play.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Just because the results are so widely variant does NOT make it a crap shoot.  The teams I listed have all consistently "won the lottery" as you put it.  If you are consistently winning, it is not random, but rather predictable.

so drafting is chaotic. that makes it sound scary. 

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Even Van Jefferson is looking better than Reagor 

I really liked Van Jefferson, but not 3rd round.  He was a high target of mine for Round 4 though.

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I was thinking that too so I looked at his stats for the year.  19 catches for 220 and a TD.

He had his 2nd most productive game against the Eagles 4 for 45 so I think that stood out and made me think he was having a productive year.

I didn't want him in the draft because he'll already be 25 in year 2, doesn't have any elite traits or room to grow.  He does seem reliable though in the 2 games I've seen him play.

He was pretty far back on the depth chart during the season. I’d be surprised if he played half the snaps Reagor did 

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I really liked Van Jefferson, but not 3rd round.  He was a high target of mine for Round 4 though.

Same. Didn’t like his age or where he went, but if the team wanted to get a Jason Avant for the slot I’d be fine with him in the 4th/5th 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

F24E217F-79E0-4010-85E3-D8BBAAC362FE.jpeg

Poor lawn care. I would be a shamed of myself. :) 

Just now, RLC said:

So how are we feeling about Brandon Staley?

The defense looks familiar. Theres a level of comfortability with that hire now for me. 

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Same. Didn’t like his age or where he went, but if the team wanted to get a Jason Avant for the slot I’d be fine with him in the 4th/5th 

To me, Day 3 is where you target "role players".  Days 1 and 2 should be about "football players".  

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He was pretty far back on the depth chart during the season. I’d be surprised if he played half the snaps Reagor did 

if my math is right, he played 256 snaps.

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

So how are we feeling about Brandon Staley?

Im more impressed with the Packers DC this game. 

But Mcvay hasnt been very impressive with his offense either the last few years after people figured out his repetitive plays. 

17 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Rams need a new LT

He’s older than Peters and playing off a knee injury. 

For those following the NBA...all the talk about fat James Harden...what the heck?  Looks like he lost 35 pounds.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

I said they need a new LT...

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

So... you are agreeing that they need a LT?  

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

if my math is right, he played 256 snaps.

Sounds right. Reagor had 511.

What looked familiar was a team down by 2 TD, not going downfield.  

I can forgive that.  Goff's thumb probably makes deep passing that much tougher right now.

What looked familiar was a team down by 2 TD, not going downfield.  

yeah that too. It feels like I just watched the eagles lose a playoff game. 

We all know he did that on purpose.  The guy is a complete turd.  I am looking forward to that whole experiment failing.  

But how did he do it?  That CAN'T be all water weight. 

A year ago the packers were all about friction b/w the head coach and the qb and they drafted his replacement

things can change fast if you have a qb and coach on the same page

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

I said they need a new LT...

? Ok? And I gave context why he’s struggling. He’s older than Peters, and hurt. 

Packers stayed relatively healthy in this game too. Must be nice to have a game and come out with less than 5 injuries

Archived