EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 hours ago, Giddyunc said:

First of all, twitter censoring voting fraud stories is not something that should be celebrated. There were/are legitimate questions regarding the process.

Second, Twitter allowed "Trump is a Russian spy" hot takes for years. Considering that was a lie, do you think Twitter should have censored those?

Third, despite countless stories of the police officer killed from being hit in the head with a fire extinguisher, it appears that isn't what happened. He collapsed later that night at 9:30 and passed away due to a pre-existing medical condition. That is according to his own family. He spoke to his brother shortly before collapsing and stated that he was accidentally maced by another officer earlier in the day. There has been someone that was arrested for throwing a fire extinguisher. As far I know, he hasn't been charged with homicide (I think he's looking at three counts of attempted assault). 

Trump is a Russian spy!

Actually I never saw that, even the collusion argument was held by a minority (I always felt that Putin thought the Trumps were too stupid to collude with, rather, the Russians just used them to create chaos by supporting their campaign through information leaks and troll farms), the better question was why was he so friendly with Putin? (follow the money, wait until Vance finishes his investigation and files charges - my suspicion is money laundering for Russian oligarchs and mafia, Deutsche Bank has been laundering money for Russians and who was their favorite client? Russian Mafia money has been used to make purchases at Trump Towers). Because Trump never released his financials and tax information, these accusations aren't lies but simply unconfirmed - if they were false, Trump could easily have shown that by disclosing this information. Since Manhattan DA Cy Vance will have access to this information, we should learn the truth in a few months.

That's a far cry from false accusations of stolen votes without a shred of evidence, in the most closely scrutinized election in American history. There were no legitimate questions concerning the process, Dan Patrick offered a million dollars for evidence of fraud, Lt Gov Fetterman was the only claimant with two documented cases of fraud by Trump voters. Notice no Trump lawyer made those fraud claims in front of a judge, because falsely testifying to a judge will get you disbarred, if not jailed. Instead they made vague allegations which had a couple judges on the verge of asking for disciplinary action and all complaining about a lack of substantiation. And let's not mention the Qucumbers and their insane theories (pedophiles in Pizza joints?). The final vote closely paralleled the polls, including the jump Trump got in 2016 due to the polls being skewed (not deliberately, as pollsters have a lot of money riding on being accurate so they have no interest in "rigging" the results, but due to the way they're conducted, they are biased samples). And vote totals in urban areas were similar to 2016, it was the mostly white educated suburbanites who shifted their votes, note, those aren't the counties where the false accusations of vote rigging were centered. 

Given these false accusations helped fuel a riot that left 5 dead, and was a direct assault on our government (an attack with the intent to disrupt Congress from carrying out its constitutional duty is sedition), it's understandable that those involved were censored - there is no right to be on Twitter or Facebook, they are private property. The 1st amendment only prevents the government from censoring speech. You have no more right to post on Twitter or Facebook than you have to force the Washington Post to print your letters. Twitter and Facebook understandably did not want to be a party to those counseling treason, whatever the merits, that's bad for business.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All these players advocated for Duce and not one team besides the eagles has interviewed him for any position. So is he really a great up and coming coach or what? He declined the OC position here, in my line of work if you decline a leadership opportunity that reflects negatively on you. 

1 hour ago, devpool said:

All these players advocated for Duce and not one team besides the eagles has interviewed him for any position. So is he really a great up and coming coach or what? He declined the OC position here, in my line of work if you decline a leadership opportunity that reflects negatively on you. 

That he turned down a promotion is sort of weird, IMO and as you said it doesn’t reflect well on him.  He turned it down because we wouldn’t be calling plays? Something doesn’t add up for me. 

4 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Watching Sportscenter tonight was a joke. This narrative that teams are purposefully  neglecting to hire black head coaches is ridiculous. ESPN should be ashamed of themselves for trying to fan a flame. Our country is divided enough. 

And for the record, I'm a minority.

i agree with you that the narrative doesnt help the situation.  But I also see the issue, why isnt a guy like Beinemy getting a shot?  Why are there not more minority coaches? And what can we do to help that?

Im with you that fanning the flames wont help. And for the record, i stopped watching ESPN and shows, networks like them, years ago, its mostly just garbage hot takes, not any real analyzation of the game going on etc. 

7 hours ago, WentzFan11 said:

I guess so, but wasn’t it reported that Riley is the one who convinced Howie to go with Hurts? One of those reports are false. 

Also doesn’t really make sense that Howie would want to draft Hurts and then hire the coach that wants to keep him on the bench, but our organization doesn’t make much sense sometimes. 

Howie should have zero say in personnel matters and should be in charge of redecorating the lobby only.

7 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Maybe you can enjoy Parler but Twitter isn’t going anywhere.  It’s the chosen platform for quick takes for celebrities and reporters and the common man. That it chose to censor lies that led to death of a police officer is seen as okay by most.  The other option is Instagram, part of Facebook’s group.  Personally I am not a fan of either but I am not of the social media generation.  Besides where else could Fetterman post that the cowboys suck?

It’s already happening.  These same celebrities are looking to increase followers and reach.  That has peaked and now has begun a decline that will continue.  It will exist for a while, but the change has begun.  Once Twitter made those decisions, it ceased to be a platform entirely.  As utilization plummets, market share will continue to decline as will valuation.  They won’t be able to destroy every alternative indefinitely.  Even if they destroy every competitor, a new technology will emerge.

Laughably bad characterization "censor lies that let to death of a police officer” not sure if you saw the tweets that were censored.  By the same standard, Dem politicians have been very loudly and purposefully inciting violence all year.  They have fanned the flames to the maximum extent possible while cities burned, people were hurt and property was destroyed.  Unfortunately none of them were ever censored.

The correct analogy for the "capitol riot” now that they are having a difficult time suppressing the actual people who perpetrated it is the Reichstag Fire of 1933.  We are watching similar events play out today as we welcome in a Totalitarian regime bent on punishing and further depressing its subjects,  history has a weird way of repeating itself.  https://www.britannica.com/event/Reichstag-fire

Parler was an echo chamber that offered little, I didn’t enjoy it, though given time maybe it could have developed.  But it’s been destroyed by the oligarchy, and the mindless indoctrinated are celebrating.  

The only thing more American that silencing people and taking away their most fundamental rights is telling entire groups of people they aren’t even allowed to be in the same room together.

5 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Watching Sportscenter tonight was a joke. This narrative that teams are purposefully  neglecting to hire black head coaches is ridiculous. ESPN should be ashamed of themselves for trying to fan a flame. Our country is divided enough. 

And for the record, I'm a minority.

I typically agree but Bienemy still not having a HC job is baffling. 

7 hours ago, Giddyunc said:

First of all, twitter censoring voting fraud stories is not something that should be celebrated. There were/are legitimate questions regarding the process.

Second, Twitter allowed "Trump is a Russian spy" hot takes for years. Considering that was a lie, do you think Twitter should have censored those?

Third, despite countless stories of the police officer killed from being hit in the head with a fire extinguisher, it appears that isn't what happened. He collapsed later that night at 9:30 and passed away due to a pre-existing medical condition. That is according to his own family. He spoke to his brother shortly before collapsing and stated that he was accidentally maced by another officer earlier in the day. There has been someone that was arrested for throwing a fire extinguisher. As far I know, he hasn't been charged with homicide (I think he's looking at three counts of attempted assault). 

Isn't there another forum for political stuff?  

58 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

i agree with you that the narrative doesnt help the situation.  But I also see the issue, why isnt a guy like Beinemy getting a shot?  Why are there not more minority coaches? And what can we do to help that?

Im with you that fanning the flames wont help. And for the record, i stopped watching ESPN and shows, networks like them, years ago, its mostly just garbage hot takes, not any real analyzation of the game going on etc. 

He turned down an interview with the Eagles, and much like I said with Duce that reflects poorly.  Who knows what other interviews he declined. If I'm leading a HC search there better be a damn good reason for someone declining an interview. You're offered an interview for one of only 32 NFL HC positions and you're declining, as a first timer....

Additionally I can see some teams thinking he is riding Reid and Mahomes' coattails, which is a valid concern.  Also hurts him that KC is making another deep run, I would imagine teams want their staffs filled out and working together as early as possibly to start draft prep

I like Bienemy and think he would be a fine HC but he is definitely not "not getting a shot". And who knows, maybe he's the Texans' guy

1 hour ago, Ipiggles said:

How about it's not a conspiracy to keep minorities out of coaching it's just the way it is. No one asks what can we do to get more white players in the league? Last I checked the nfl is way under hired vs the actual population.

4 hours ago, austinfan said:

Trump is a Russian spy!

Actually I never saw that, even the collusion argument was held by a minority (I always felt that Putin thought the Trumps were too stupid to collude with, rather, the Russians just used them to create chaos by supporting their campaign through information leaks and troll farms), the better question was why was he so friendly with Putin? (follow the money, wait until Vance finishes his investigation and files charges - my suspicion is money laundering for Russian oligarchs and mafia, Deutsche Bank has been laundering money for Russians and who was their favorite client? Russian Mafia money has been used to make purchases at Trump Towers). Because Trump never released his financials and tax information, these accusations aren't lies but simply unconfirmed - if they were false, Trump could easily have shown that by disclosing this information. Since Manhattan DA Cy Vance will have access to this information, we should learn the truth in a few months.

That's a far cry from false accusations of stolen votes without a shred of evidence, in the most closely scrutinized election in American history. There were no legitimate questions concerning the process, Dan Patrick offered a million dollars for evidence of fraud, Lt Gov Fetterman was the only claimant with two documented cases of fraud by Trump voters. Notice no Trump lawyer made those fraud claims in front of a judge, because falsely testifying to a judge will get you disbarred, if not jailed. Instead they made vague allegations which had a couple judges on the verge of asking for disciplinary action and all complaining about a lack of substantiation. And let's not mention the Qucumbers and their insane theories (pedophiles in Pizza joints?). The final vote closely paralleled the polls, including the jump Trump got in 2016 due to the polls being skewed (not deliberately, as pollsters have a lot of money riding on being accurate so they have no interest in "rigging" the results, but due to the way they're conducted, they are biased samples). And vote totals in urban areas were similar to 2016, it was the mostly white educated suburbanites who shifted their votes, note, those aren't the counties where the false accusations of vote rigging were centered. 

Given these false accusations helped fuel a riot that left 5 dead, and was a direct assault on our government (an attack with the intent to disrupt Congress from carrying out its constitutional duty is sedition), it's understandable that those involved were censored - there is no right to be on Twitter or Facebook, they are private property. The 1st amendment only prevents the government from censoring speech. You have no more right to post on Twitter or Facebook than you have to force the Washington Post to print your letters. Twitter and Facebook understandably did not want to be a party to those counseling treason, whatever the merits, that's bad for business.

Jesus H, I suffer through all of your nonsensical defenses of the Eagles front office, please keep these ideas in the appropriate forum.  There is a reason more than 75% of Rs and 60% of independents believe the election was stolen.  Because it was.  You will never have a voice again, because election outcomes are now controlled.  Hooray!  Accept what the oligarchy allows and be grateful.

Besides all of the evidence that people saw, the videos of balllots being dropped off in the middle of the night, all of the sworn testimony by poll workers, the vote switching in real time, the 5 am ballot drops, bullet marked, uncreased , etc etc. ballot "adjudication” for electronic votes, by software, give me a break.  People will believe their own eyes.  Hopefully you enjoyed the "installation” with 25000 military troops and no one there.  Looked like China, didn’t it?  Or the PRK.

The suburban vote wasn’t off much from the prior election.  What you cannot explain, no one can, is why an R candidate had historic levels of support from minorities (double last time) except in 5 large counties D controlled in swing states where he was down 75%.  No logic can explain it because there is none.  It’s called fraud.  You don’t win Fl by 4 times the margin last time and lose.  You don’t win Ohio by 9 points and lose Michigan and Wisconsin.  The problem with fraud is the artificial timelines to "certify” and judges that want no part of any challenge make it easy to get away with.  Otherwise the cases would be easy to prove.

Instead of parroting CNN talking points you could read a report on where the votes came from based on known info... here is one:

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/be36dc6d-0df4-4c20-addf-fca72be46150/The Navarro Report Volume III Final 1.13.21-0001.pdf

I don’t know what can be done unless the mindless indoctrinated wake up.  Maybe when their lives become worse, enough places will demand in person voting with ID and we can have elections again.  Until then, the whole Americs thing is over.

8 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Qualified source. WTF are the qualifications? Jacka$$. 

You can say jackass now

26 minutes ago, John_C said:

Jesus H, I suffer through all of your nonsensical defenses of the Eagles front office, please keep these ideas in the appropriate forum.  There is a reason more than 75% of Rs and 60% of independents believe the election was stolen.  Because it was.  You will never have a voice again, because election outcomes are now controlled.  Hooray!  Accept what the oligarchy allows and be grateful.

Besides all of the evidence that people saw, the videos of balllots being dropped off in the middle of the night, all of the sworn testimony by poll workers, the vote switching in real time, the 5 am ballot drops, bullet marked, uncreased , etc etc. ballot "adjudication” for electronic votes, by software, give me a break.  People will believe their own eyes.  Hopefully you enjoyed the "installation” with 25000 military troops and no one there.  Looked like China, didn’t it?  Or the PRK.

The suburban vote wasn’t off much from the prior election.  What you cannot explain, no one can, is why an R candidate had historic levels of support from minorities (double last time) except in 5 large counties D controlled in swing states where he was down 75%.  No logic can explain it because there is none.  It’s called fraud.  You don’t win Fl by 4 times the margin last time and lose.  You don’t win Ohio by 9 points and lose Michigan and Wisconsin.  The problem with fraud is the artificial timelines to "certify” and judges that want no part of any challenge make it easy to get away with.  Otherwise the cases would be easy to prove.

Instead of parroting CNN talking points you could read a report on where the votes came from based on known info... here is one:

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/be36dc6d-0df4-4c20-addf-fca72be46150/The Navarro Report Volume III Final 1.13.21-0001.pdf

I don’t know what can be done unless the mindless indoctrinated wake up.  Maybe when their lives become worse, enough places will demand in person voting with ID and we can have elections again.  Until then, the whole Americs thing is over.

1-64 in Court Cases they didn't prove crap 

5 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Numerous reports on the record and off the record that he bombs in interviews. Plus as mentioned before the league doesnt think highly of Doug as play caller / creator. 

There’s numerous reports on the record of you being a Steelers fan and drag queen 

29 minutes ago, John_C said:

Jesus H, I suffer through all of your nonsensical defenses of the Eagles front office, please keep these ideas in the appropriate forum.  

Says the guy ranting about politics in an NFL team forum. Take your nonsense to the appropriate forums. 

16 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Am I crazy to think that Siri would bring Rivers in as a QB coach? or Passing Coach? 

Yes you are crazy LOL only because it's already been said that he's been offered contracts from some TV stations to be a commentator/ expert. We aren't giving him that kind of money :-)

2 hours ago, Ipiggles said:

Bienemy has an extremely checkered past. Coupled with the fact that the KC offense literally runs itself, I get the lack of interest so far. And his team is still in the playoffs, which also makes it difficult.

3 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Yes you are crazy LOL only because it's already been said that he's been offered contracts from some TV stations to be a commentator/ expert. We aren't giving him that kind of money :-)

Pretty sure he has a job lined up as a high school coach 

2 hours ago, Ipiggles said:

I feel like the Chiefs consistently going deep in the playoffs the last few years has actually negatively affected Bieniemy getting HC jobs. Teams just don't want to wait that long to fill their vacancies.

Also, Bieniemy has a bit of a checkered past. I'm not saying that I would hold that against him, but owners in charge of multi-billion dollar organizations might.

6 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Bienemy has an extremely checkered past. Coupled with the fact that the KC offense literally runs itself, I get the lack of interest so far. And his team is still in the playoffs, which also makes it difficult.

Dammit, beat me to it. :lol:

8 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

:pizza:

*Scrolls back* nope

3 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Pretty sure he has a job lined up as a high school coach 

3 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/05/08/phillip-rivers-future-head-coach-alabama-high-school He's coaching HS in Alabama.  

Cause Bienemy doesn’t come with Mahoney, Kelce or Hill. That’s why.

7 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Ward fair catching 95% of the time would sadly be an improvement to our PR game 

Yup, I think we led the league in waving off the punt and watching it die inside the 10.

2 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Cause Bienemy doesn’t come with Mahoney, Kelce or Hill. That’s why.

Ah man I was really hoping to get him and Mahoney in here 

Archived