EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, WentzFan11 said:

Does it really make sense that the Eagles wanted Riley, and then went with Siri as a back up? That’s 180 from Hurts to Wentz.

I don’t think going for Riley means exclusively going forward with Hurts 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tonight he was unbearable. Like Eric Bieniemy could have had this job. His agent and he didn’t want to interview cause they stated on Twitter mcdaniels was going to be hired and the lock for the job. Meanwhile sirianni takes the interview cause why not there’s always a chance you hit the homer run and gets it. Maybe instead Bieniemy playing the victim card his agent and he should realize they were ridiculous to not take the interview anyway. And afterwards say i didn’t have a fair shake. Now it looks like you just misread and believed the reports mcdaniels was a lock when he wasn’t. 

Ive said this all day on Bieniemy you miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take. This is one of those times where you screwed yourself out of a potential job not the other way around. 

Bo said Bieniemy is more "qualified" than Sirianni. He has a better resume, he is not better qualified, there's a difference. A resume is objective. Qualifications are subjective.

He's just grandstanding for clout and it's annoying, and I like Bo, but he's insufferable with this stuff. He slips in a little political point every show now to show the world how woke he is.

1 minute ago, WentzFan11 said:

Does it really make sense that the Eagles wanted Riley, and then went with Siri as a back up? That’s 180 from Hurts to Wentz.

Not that Riley ever would have taken the job, but I don’t think his hiring would have meant he wanted Hurts as his QB. 

5 hours ago, John_C said:

Twitter is on it's way out.  Not too long ago I considered it the mainline of information.  Everything happened there first, so you kind of had to look at it.

With the decisions they made to censor and cancel voices they didn't like, the future of the platform changed.  Now it is basically an online CNN shitposting site.  Personally I don't even look at it anymore, except in rare cases where a link takes me there.

Twitter's decisions were existential for them.  It's going to be replaced or at least displaced, by similar or maybe different technology... that process has been set in motion.

Maybe you can enjoy Parler but Twitter isn’t going anywhere.  It’s the chosen platform for quick takes for celebrities and reporters and the common man. That it chose to censor lies that led to death of a police officer is seen as okay by most.  The other option is Instagram, part of Facebook’s group.  Personally I am not a fan of either but I am not of the social media generation.  Besides where else could Fetterman post that the cowboys suck?

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don’t think going for Riley means exclusively going forward with Hurts 

I guess so, but wasn’t it reported that Riley is the one who convinced Howie to go with Hurts? One of those reports are false. 

Also doesn’t really make sense that Howie would want to draft Hurts and then hire the coach that wants to keep him on the bench, but our organization doesn’t make much sense sometimes. 

15 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Bo said Bieniemy is more "qualified" than Sirianni. He has a better resume, he is not better qualified, there's a difference. A resume is objective. Qualifications are subjective.

He's just grandstanding for clout and it's annoying, and I like Bo, but he's insufferable with this stuff. He slips in a little political point every show now to show the world how woke he is.

I agree. Frankly his resume is better. And that’s why he should’ve taken this interview cause if a guy with a less impressive resume was able to get the job then Bieniemy should’ve had a leg up in that area. He could’ve proven better resume and more qualified. However he pouted about mcdaniels going to be the hire and it wasn’t even mcdaniels who got hired. 

Ive said this throughout the coaching search they were going to hire an offensive guy with some sort of tie back to the QB position. Now sirianni doesn’t have extensive but he was a QB coach at one point then went back to WR coach. It was my argument for why if the eagles hired Kafka, mcdaniels over Bieniemy and Duce who really have never worked in-depth with developing QBs and worked more with developing RBsn and run game coordinating. Not passing game coordinator

If you go back to starting with Andy to chip to doug to now it’s always been about the QB position with the eagles. It’s not the only thing but it’s a major thing. Hired reid to help with the development of mcnabb (I’m guessing he told them he wanted to take a QB at two and why it was important and lurie loved that thinking ans trusted reid due to his background to develop the QB as it turned out to be mcnabb). Chip was innovative (before coming here thought that way) and showed at Oregon he could develop premiere talent at the QB position with mariota. It probably was another reason why lurie wanted chip besides his "innovative” offensive mind. As for doug their top two choices were Adam Gase and mcadoo. Both were consider QB guru’s that year cause of gase’s time with manning putting up amazing numbers and mcadoo with Eli manning. They missed out went with doug cause of his QB background and thought he’d be good for the development of a young QB (assuming then they knew they wanted to go get a young QB and Bradford wasn’t the future). This time they see either salvage wentz or develop hurts. So it was always going to be about developing or salvaging a QB and needing someone that has some background in that department.  

Social media breeds sociopathy. Human beings evolved throughout the course of history needing person to person communication and bonding. Primitive civilizations accomplished great things and built amazing structures with simple language. We need to personally interact with others, see their expressions, feel their pain, experience their joy. You can't get these things through social media. It leads to a lack of empathy. The utter lack of empathy in this world today is staggering. Wishing death upon people because they are of a different religion. Cheer when people get COVID because they are in a different political party. This stuff is not normal. These are father, mothers, brothers, and sisters. These people have children and families. Social media breeds this behavior, and these companies know it. They are not blameless in this. They engineer it to create actual addiction and generate anger, which feeds addiction.

I didn't like Donald Trump, but one thing he was right about was fake news, although perhaps not the way in which he intended. The media is so full of crap. They grandstand like they care about the people. They don't care about anyone but making money and getting clicks and TV ratings. It's why they make crap up to generate anger. Using misleading clickbait headlines to stir up emotion.

So much of this outrage of these sports racial issues all relate back to this and it has just bled into sports, as well as other places. And it's not ending any time soon, it'll just get worse.

13 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Not that Riley ever would have taken the job, but I don’t think his hiring would have meant he wanted Hurts as his QB. 

There were reports out of Oklahoma the season hurts was there that He was in a tough competition and it wasn’t certain he’d win that job. I want to say @Freshmilk brought this up a week ago. So Riley might have had a plan for both. I think you have to have a plan for both cause what if Carson says i don’t want to be here anyway so you needed to hear what the plan for both would be. 

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I agree. Frankly his resume is better. And that’s why he should’ve taken this interview cause if a guy with a less impressive interview was able to get the job then Bieniemy should’ve had a leg up in that area. He could’ve proven better resume and more qualified. However he pouted about mcdaniels going to be the hire and it wasn’t even mcdaniels who got hired. 

Ive said this throughout the coaching search they were going to hire an offensive guy with some sort of tie back to the QB position. Now sirianni doesn’t have extensive but he was a QB coach at one point then went back to WR coach. It was my argument for why if the eagles hired Kafka, mcdaniels over Bieniemy and Duce who really have never worked in-depth with developing QBs and worked more with developing RBsn and run game coordinating. Not passing game coordinator

If you go back to starting with Andy to chip to doug to now it’s always been about the QB position with the eagles. It’s not the only thing but it’s a major thing. Hired reid to help with the development of mcnabb (I’m guessing he told them he wanted to take a QB at two and why it was important and lurie loved that thinking ans trusted reid due to his background to develop the QB as it turned out to be mcnabb). Chip was innovative (before coming here thought that way) and showed at Oregon he could develop premiere talent at the QB position with mariota. It probably was another reason why lurie wanted chip besides his "innovative” offensive mind. As for doug their top two choices were Adam Gase and mcadoo. Both were consider QB guru’s that year cause of gase’s time with manning putting up amazing numbers and mcadoo with Eli manning. They missed out went with doug cause of his QB background and thought he’d be good for the development of a young QB (assuming then they knew they wanted to go get a young QB and Bradford wasn’t the future). This time they see either salvage wentz or develop hurts. So it was always going to be about developing or salvaging a QB and needing someone that has some background in that department.  

Another thing is, I don't get how this always keeps coming back to Lurie. Why didn't the Lions get ripped for passing on Bieniemy? Or the Falcons? Or the Jags? Lurie is one of the more progressive owners and yet for some reason critics keep coming back to him on criticisms like this, it's weird, and it bothers me.

What they're essentially doing is insulting Sirianni. I heard multiple pundits today say "You hired THIS GUY and passed on Bieniemy for HIM???" They might as well call up Sirianni on the phone directly and just call the guy a pathetic loser, that's essentially what they're doing. Who are they to tell someone who he's supposed to like? And even though I hate the process of the hire, poor Sirianni. Half of the introductory press conference is going to be asking Lurie why he didn't hire Duce or Bieniemy with Sirianni sitting right there.

8 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Maybe you can enjoy Parler but Twitter isn’t going anywhere.  It’s the chosen platform for quick takes for celebrities and reporters and the common man. That it chose to censor lies that led to death of a police officer is seen as okay by most.  The other option is Instagram, part of Facebook’s group.  Personally I am not a fan of either but I am not of the social media generation.  Besides where else could Fetterman post that the cowboys suck?

First of all, twitter censoring voting fraud stories is not something that should be celebrated. There were/are legitimate questions regarding the process.

Second, Twitter allowed "Trump is a Russian spy" hot takes for years. Considering that was a lie, do you think Twitter should have censored those?

Third, despite countless stories of the police officer killed from being hit in the head with a fire extinguisher, it appears that isn't what happened. He collapsed later that night at 9:30 and passed away due to a pre-existing medical condition. That is according to his own family. He spoke to his brother shortly before collapsing and stated that he was accidentally maced by another officer earlier in the day. There has been someone that was arrested for throwing a fire extinguisher. As far I know, he hasn't been charged with homicide (I think he's looking at three counts of attempted assault). 

25 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

You would think Lurie would want Riley but Howie wouldn’t, college coaches that run everything aren’t gonna want Howie breathing down their necks on staff hires, QB’s, and the draft.  Like Chip put him in the basement, so would Riley. 

4 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Another thing is, I don't get how this always keeps coming back to Lurie. Why didn't the Lions get ripped for passing on Bieniemy? Or the Falcons? Or the Jags? Lurie is one of the more progressive owners and yet for some reason critics keep coming back to him on criticisms like this, it's weird, and it bothers me.

What they're essentially doing is insulting Sirianni. I heard multiple pundits today say "You hired THIS GUY and passed on Bieniemy for HIM???" They might as well call up Sirianni on the phone directly and just call the guy a pathetic loser, that's essentially what they're doing. Who are they to tell someone who he's supposed to like? And even though I hate the process of the hire, poor Sirianni. Half of the introductory press conference is going to be asking Lurie why he didn't hire Duce or Bieniemy with Sirianni sitting right there.

It’s likely because he is not the hot name big candidate. Although Dan Campbell wasn’t either. But he’s the most recent so they’re going to rip it like they should’ve hired Eric Bieniemy even though Eric Bieniemy turn down the interview. I can’t believe no one‘s talking about that that he turn down the interview in a tweet. Like come on. 

The other thing that super annoying is the Eagles hired a minority defensive coordinator in one Castillo. Unless we’re not considering one Castillo a minority anymore they have hired a minority in the last 20 years at one of the major coordinator positions. And they want to dues to be the offense of coordinator if you believe the story that came out and he didn’t wanna do it because he didn’t want the position without playcalling. If we’re just gonna give half ass stories and not the entire picture that’s how people get misinformed. You might not like giving the entire story because it kind of decreases your argument but if you don’t you just look like a jack ass when people actually read more into it and figure it out

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

Just a random question:

Is everyone here mentally prepared for this team to suck for at least a couple years, if not longer, should that be the case?

It seems to be a consensus among most Eagles fans that the team's immediate future doesn't look very bright. But that doesn't mean every fan is mentally prepared to watch bad football.

Or are you still holding out hope that someway, somehow the team could be in the mix for the playoffs next season?

The Eagles are still in the NFC East next season.  Anything over .500 likely wins the division next season.  Going from 4-11-1 to 9-8 may not be likely, but it certainly isn’t impossible 

7 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

You would think Lurie would want Riley but Howie wouldn’t, college coaches that run everything aren’t gonna want Howie breathing down their necks on staff hires, QB’s, and the draft.  Like Chip put him in the basement, so would Riley. 

Didn’t chip when they hired him say he cared about just being coach. I vividly remember that in their intro press conference that he wanted to just come there and coach and do his thing. And then as he had more success he wanted that power. Maybe I’m just not Accurately remembering this.

42 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tonight he was unbearable. Like Eric Bieniemy could have had this job. His agent and he didn’t want to interview cause they stated on Twitter mcdaniels was going to be hired and the lock for the job. Meanwhile sirianni takes the interview cause why not there’s always a chance you hit the homer run and gets it. Maybe instead Bieniemy playing the victim card his agent and he should realize they were ridiculous to not take the interview anyway. And afterwards say i didn’t have a fair shake. Now it looks like you just misread and believed the reports mcdaniels was a lock when he wasn’t. 

Ive said this all day on Bieniemy you miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take. This is one of those times where you screwed yourself out of a potential job not the other way around. 

I mean is it possible that all this time people out there are saying Bieniemy isnt being hired because of his skin color but maybe he just isnt interested in some of these jobs like Philly or the NYJ or Detroit. 

4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

The Eagles are still in the NFC East next season.  Anything over .500 likely wins the division next season.  Going from 4-11-1 to 9-8 may not be likely, but it certainly isn’t impossible 

Forgot they are going to 17 games. That just looks weird after years of 16 games. I still think it’s a 6-7 win team. 

Just now, 315Eagles said:

I mean is it possible that all this time people out there are saying Bieniemy isnt being hired because of his skin color but maybe he just isnt interested in some of these jobs like Philly or the NYJ or Detroit. 

There’s also that possibility. There was a report that Eric Bieniemy was waiting for the best job possible and not just any job. I actually think the Jets job was a good job. you have a ton of draft capital, a ton of cap space and Joe Douglas seems like he knows what he’s doing and has a plan in place. I thought that job has high upside especially do they get watson or if darnold flourishes in shanahan type offense. Shanahan supposedly loves darnold thinks he’s a great fit so i wouldn’t be shocked with better coaching and more talent to see him have success if they go that route. 

28 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

I guess so, but wasn’t it reported that Riley is the one who convinced Howie to go with Hurts? One of those reports are false. 

Also doesn’t really make sense that Howie would want to draft Hurts and then hire the coach that wants to keep him on the bench, but our organization doesn’t make much sense sometimes. 

From what I read Riley was advocating for Goedert and Reagor, and wasn’t overly excited about having Hurts as his QB, but who knows what’s true. I also think Wentz might be the most talented overall QB Riley ever had, so he may have preferred him as well. 

4 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I will be beyond shocked if anyone other than Bieniemy or Caldwell is hired by the Texans 

12 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I think it's more likely they finish with the worst record in the NFL than win 9 games.

23 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Atlanta had some heat for hiring Smith. Which is ridiculous. I also think as the openings get less the over reaction goes higher. 

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Didn’t chip when they hired him say he cared about just being coach. I vividly remember that in their intro press conference that he wanted to just come there and coach and do his thing. And then as he had more success he wanted that power. Maybe I’m just not Accurately remembering this.

He said that with the 49ers and that he was excited to be working with a football guy in Trent Baalke 

5 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I will be beyond shocked if anyone other than Bieniemy or Caldwell is hired by the Texans 

I was thinking the same.  

6 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

They are a really bad organization, I wouldn’t be surprised 

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Atlanta had some heat for hiring Smith. Which is ridiculous. I also think as the openings get less the over reaction goes higher. 

I could make the argument he was the hottest candidate on the market. So you’re going to hit Atlanta for not going with a minority candidate even though they could have the hottest candidate that was on the market? 

also how many Latino and Asian coaches are there in the league? I’m guessing way less than Caucasian and African American. And less getting into the field or given positions. I have yet to see someone gets super upset that there’s not enough Latino or Asian coaches in the league. They are also minorities. So we’re OK with them not getting opportunities and jobs but we’re not OK with one specific minority not getting jobs? Seems like we fight battles for some minorities and others we don’t care so much about. 

Archived