EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I typically agree but Bienemy still not having a HC job is baffling. 

I still don't understand why it's so baffling why he doesn't have a job.  So many factors go into play.  Maybe teams really don't like his character issues of the past.  Maybe he truly is just a puppet to AR and can't come up with anything original when asked what a team would look like under his watch.  Maybe he goes in to interviews with a sense of entitlement thinking the job should be his (it's what the media is telling us!).   Maybe he just benefits of having the best QB, TE and top WRs in the game...no one knows.

I've never understood the EB hype at all.  We as Eagles fans know that AR runs the ship.  Were we pounding the table for Brad Childress to get hired 15 years ago?  

All I know is if/when EB gets a HC job he better win 5 Super Bowls since he's been touted as this must have HC.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I truly believe Howie found this tweet, showed it to Lurie and the decision was made.  

1 minute ago, RLC said:

The Colts also have a very horizontal offense...

Is that because of Rivers' strengths and lack of arm strength?

Probably a little of both Rivers and just being the modern NFL offense

Thats why I say that if we can get Devonta Smith at 6, we'll already have a pretty good group.  If they can bring Fulgham, Watkins, and Reagor along, and add another back to compliment Miles  it might be a legit offense

7 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I still don't understand why it's so baffling why he doesn't have a job.  So many factors go into play.  Maybe teams really don't like his character issues of the past.  Maybe he truly is just a puppet to AR and can't come up with anything original when asked what a team would look like under his watch.  Maybe he goes in to interviews with a sense of entitlement thinking the job should be his (it's what the media is telling us!).   Maybe he just benefits of having the best QB, TE and top WRs in the game...no one knows.

I've never understood the EB hype at all.  We as Eagles fans know that AR runs the ship.  Were we pounding the table for Brad Childress to get hired 15 years ago?  

All I know is if/when EB gets a HC job he better win 5 Super Bowls since he's been touted as this must have HC.

Adam Gase has got two head coaching jobs because he was the OC for Peyton Manning. He has no personable traits at all. Doug P got hired after being AR’s OC and that offense wasn’t nearly as good. Any young white coach connected to Sean McVay gets an opportunity. 

I don’t know much about Bienemy but I’ve never heard anything bad about him. The fact he’s the OC of the greatest offense ever in a league dictated by offense makes you wonder why he doesn’t seem to be a strong HC candidate. I could be wrong but imo if he were white, he’d be a HC right now.... Not trying to race bait, jmo. 

2 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Do you seriously have an italian fascist flag as your avatar?  :roll:

Actually, I believe it is the NSDAP puppet state flag that was flown after Mussolini was deposed in 1943 and then the puppet state was created in the northern part of the country.  

7 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Adam Gase has got two head coaching jobs because he was the OC for Peyton Manning. He has no personable traits at all. Doug P got hired after being AR’s OC and that offense wasn’t nearly as good. Any young white coach connected to Sean McVay gets an opportunity. 

I don’t know much about Bienemy but I’ve never heard anything bad about him. The fact he’s the OC of the greatest offense ever in a league dictated by offense makes you wonder why he doesn’t seem to be a strong HC candidate. I could be wrong but imo if he were white, he’d be a HC right now.... Not trying to race bait, jmo. 

The negatives are that (1) he’s a terrible interviewer and (2) he has off field legal problems in his past. When you combine that with coming from a Chiefs offense which was clearly built and coached by AR, it’s pretty understandable that he’s not as in-demand as the woke crowd would like.

10 hours ago, austinfan said:

I expect the priority on the offensive side of the ball will be OL, TE, RB, WR. Reason is you're not going to have an offense if you can't keep your QB upright, if Ertz is traded they won't want to depend on Perkins/Butler/Wilson/JJAW/Jackson at H-back. They need a no. 2 RB. WR will probably be go big or go home.

What else is left?

47 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Yup, I think we led the league in waving off the punt and watching it die inside the 10.

I dont know the actual numbers, but we have to have had some of the worst avg starting field position in 2020. 

1) from Ward/ returner allowing punt to be downed inside the 10 instead of catching it near the 20, 

2) We brought out a ton of Kickoff returns from the End zone, and rarely got past the 25. 

3) We had very few turnovers we created on defense to help give us short fields. 

Bieniemy has a choice to make.  Take a sideways move or become a college HC to prove you can do it where ever your hat lays and miss out on Super Bowl rings in KC, or stay at KC and be left in late January looking at this from the outside but potentially multiple Super Bowl rings at the end of his career. I assume he is a smart, innovative coach, but if you aren't available, it makes it tough to get another job.

Teams won't wait forever and it's a sad reality for many other coaches out there too.

I don't know Kehres, but I like him.

But there’s a great story about a time when Sirianni was interviewing for the OC job at Mount Union. According to CantonRep.com, Kehres asked Sirianni what type of offense he wanted to run. And when Sirianni actually answered with specifics, Kehres pounded on the table and told him, "You don’t even know what players we’ll have.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/nfl-eagles-head-coach-nick-sirianni-brothers-mike-sirianni-jay-sirianni-mount-union

20 minutes ago, TEW said:

The negatives are that (1) he’s a terrible interviewer and (2) he has off field legal problems in his past. When you combine that with coming from a Chiefs offense which was clearly built and coached by AR, it’s pretty understandable that he’s not as in-demand as the woke crowd would like.

Had to look up legal issues. He got a DUI 20 years ago. The rest was stuff that happened in the late 80s/early 90s. Owners will sign players who admittedly beat the crap out of women. His legal issues has nothing to do with it. 

Perhaps he does interview poorly and ultimately may be a poor head coach but there have been way less qualified candidates who get opportunities. Yes, life’s not fair and playing the race card 9/10 times is usually ridiculous. However, I have a tough time arguing against anyone claiming he’d be a HC if he were white.

There’s no way to know that for sure but interviewing poorly and legal issues seem like BS. 

13 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Nothing from that piece really screams "great hire" imo.  The guy has yet to even call plays.  Long road ahead of us, imo.

Back when Frank Reich was the OC and was the guy who developed plays designed around our players strengths. 

2 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Had to look up legal issues. He got a DUI 20 years ago. The rest was stuff that happened in the late 80s/early 90s. Owners will sign players who admittedly beat the crap out of women. His legal issues has nothing to do with it. 

Perhaps he does interview poorly and ultimately may be a poor head coach but there have been way less qualified candidates who get opportunities. Yes, life’s not fair and playing the race card 9/10 times is usually ridiculous. However, I have a tough time arguing against anyone claiming he’d be a HC if he were white.

There’s no way to know that for sure but interviewing poorly and legal issues seem like BS. 

Or people are realizing he has Top 10 HC above, maybe the greatest QB of all time, and a Top 3 TE of all time, and one of the best WRs this generation. 

1 minute ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Personally, I do think Bieniemy has qualifications befitting someone who gets a HC job.

There are black HCs in the league.  There are players demanding black HCs.  The owners have now agreed to toss around draft capital to preferentially favor black HCs.  There is a rule forcing owners to interview them.  And there are unlimited articles bemoaning that there aren’t more black HCs.

Half of those things above are racist and disparaging in and of themselves.  

So I’m not going to cry foul that one individual doesn’t have a HC job.  No one cares that there aren’t more white cbs, rbs, or WRs in the league, nor should they.  You can’t just artificially dictate population averages in the work place based on race, which is what people are trying to do here.  

4 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Back when Frank Reich was the OC and was the guy who developed plays designed around our players strengths. 

Watching that has me hoping Sirianni and his coaches can turn Wentz around. We need that type of Wentz back, what a fun year. 

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Or people are realizing he has Top 10 HC above, maybe the greatest QB of all time, and a Top 3 TE of all time, and one of the best WRs this generation. 

So working under a HOF coach and helping develop a HOF QB, TE, and WR are knocks against him? 

Archived