EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

draft a white RB, get a free draft pick back at the end of that round. Some kind of cool incentive. Maybe Patrick Laird should have been drafted higher and not buried on Miami's RB depth chart. Hes a very good player. And the only white RB I can think of in the NFL right now. 

One position you didnt mention is CB, and theyre even more scarce. I cant think of any white CBs currently, or even recently.

None in 2019, even a article on it. Doubt 2020 was any different. Has to be about race. No way it has anything to do with talent, lol. 

https://www.sportscasting.com/are-there-any-white-cornerbacks-in-the-nfl/

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

If we had as many great photoshoppers as we did during the height of the old EMB, memes with Bernie superimposed in to historic eagles moments could be an epic thread. 

the memes with Bernie have been great. I wish we had some good photoshoppers on here cause there could be a ton of memes made with the eagles over the past couple years. Especially with Bernie now. 

2 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

Burkhead

excellent. 

McCaffery, Burkhead, and Laird

Very under-represented. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

excellent. 

McCaffery, Burkhead, and Laird

Very under-represented. 

I think that's it

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

You don't trade Hurts for less than a 1st rd pick.

For one thing, you don't know if Wentz is going to work out.

For another, you don't know if Hurts is going to progress.

Give the new HC a year to work with both of them, then decide what you want to do.

We're rebuilding, we'd be stupid to rush into decisions like this without further information.

No, if a team offers you a 2nd for Hurts you jump on it.  If you can get back the investment in a years time that's best case scenario.  What Hurts did in his time did nothing to show he's worth a 1st round pick.  Heck, his last 20 quarters were on par with what Carson did this year.  

Sadly, I'd be happy with a 3rd.

19 minutes ago, Giddyunc said:

When lawyers start quoting studies, you don’t have to put too much stock in it.  I need to suffer through that at work as it is, I don’t need to come to the blog to see it here too.  

50 minutes ago, RLC said:

The Eagles have invested more in black QBs than any other franchise, far before it was "cool" to do so.

They invested in Cunningham, McNabb and Vick.

No one in the league wanted to touch Vick, but they rehabilitated him. They drafted Hurts in RD2 .

Don't forget Rodney Peete, Vince Young, Jeff Blake, Dennis Dixon...

3 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

I think that's it

probably.

Ive had this discussion with my friend and even thinking back, I thought of Justin Vargas who was almost white but not. And then you get Peyton Hillis who was really a FB that got hot as a RB for like a year or 2. And then its back to Mike Alstott, who was also a FB that just got a ton of carries. 

Now, Illinois has had a white RB, Mike Epstein for what feels like 10 years now. I suspect he will be undrafted and never really stick. I do think he has a ton of talent, but really hardly gets any work on the field for them. He is a really good pass catching back a la Laird. Both a poor mans McCaffery. We will see what the future holds for Epistein. 

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Don't forget Rodney Peete, Vince Young, Jeff Blake, Dennis Dixon...

Rodney Peete is an awesome dude. Met him at the Rams/eagles game in 2017. Sat in front of my brother and i. Talked to us before and during halftime. He was as crushed as we were after wentz got hurt. 

I can think of a few white safeties, and theres probably been more. One I can think of currently is Troy Apke from PSU. Hes still in the league on STs.

Going back at least 10 years there was Sabby Piscatelli who I actually liked in the draft but busted big time. 

There was Sean Considine

Of course, even longer than that, there was Adam Archuletta. 

Is the Vikings dude from Nore Dame white?

Theyre pretty far and few between but still more of them than RB, and especially CB. 

58 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Social media spreads misinformation faster and easier than ever before. People are now too lazy to look into facts and just believe what is parroted by media personalities. When false information spreads like the above, people believe it. Whether it's true or not.

This is 100% the biggest issue facing our country if you ask me.  If it weren't for social media so many of our issues never would even be around.  Goes for both sides of the aisle.  

48 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Mentioned him earlier, and a couple times over the past couple years. Felton catches the ball well, and makes guys miss. In some other videos, he has this stop on a dime cut/juke that is nearly McCoy level (similar to Mack). Extremely dangerous in space because of his elisiveness. This guy is your Marlon Mack if Sirianni wants to replicate that player on this team. 

Felton would be a nice pickup for sure.  Lots of good backs available again.  Please Howie, do the right thing and draft one of them.

@hputenis 

Had Chipotle last night and it’s destroyed me all day. I think I used half a roll of TP just today. Got steak instead of chicken. Maybe that’s why my toilet trips were tripled. Crazy. 

29 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

If we had as many great photoshoppers as we did during the height of the old EMB, memes with Bernie superimposed in to historic eagles moments could be an epic thread. 

RIP to the Reno Mahe thread. 

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Rodney Peete is an awesome dude. Met him at the Rams/eagles game in 2017. Sat in front of my brother and i. Talked to us before and during halftime. He was as crushed as we were after wentz got hurt. 

Nice to hear when pros are good dudes...but did you meet Holly...

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Nice to hear when pros are good dudes...but did you meet Holly...

Yeah she was with him and his two kids. She is still beautiful. 

11 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Going back at least 10 years there was Sabby Piscatelli who I actually liked in the draft but busted big time. 

I loved him as a prospect.  Totally forgot about him and had no idea he was a WWE wrestler now.

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

He hasnt officially been hired yet. Eagles have said nothing. Its only reporters at this time saying Nick is the hire. 

So no word on anything from Eagles

Not official until he passes his physical 

I expect the priority on the offensive side of the ball will be OL, TE, RB, WR. Reason is you're not going to have an offense if you can't keep your QB upright, if Ertz is traded they won't want to depend on Perkins/Butler/Wilson/JJAW/Jackson at H-back. They need a no. 2 RB. WR will probably be go big or go home.

2 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Not official until he passes his physical 

Turn to the right and cough please

It would be kinda funny if Sirianni backed out on the deal and went back to Indy given that they chose him over McDaniels and that's one of the reasons everyone hates McDaniels.

Archived