EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

It would be kinda funny if Sirianni backed out on the deal and went back to Indy given that they chose him over McDaniels and that's one of the reasons everyone hates McDaniels.

Yes it would. Then the Eagles hire Jason Garrett 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, austinfan said:

I expect the priority on the offensive side of the ball will be OL, TE, RB, WR. Reason is you're not going to have an offense if you can't keep your QB upright, if Ertz is traded they won't want to depend on Perkins/Butler/Wilson/JJAW/Jackson at H-back. They need a no. 2 RB. WR will probably be go big or go home.

You can find a real low cost #2 tight end. DickRod is plenty good enough 

13 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I loved him as a prospect.  Totally forgot about him and had no idea he was a WWE wrestler now.

Glad I wasn't the only one fooled by his awesomeness. 

Didn't know about the wrasslin either.  Cool. 

12 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

It would be kinda funny if Sirianni backed out on the deal and went back to Indy given that they chose him over McDaniels and that's one of the reasons everyone hates McDaniels.

Would suck for him because I think the Colts already filled his position.  LOL

36 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

probably.

Ive had this discussion with my friend and even thinking back, I thought of Justin Vargas who was almost white but not. And then you get Peyton Hillis who was really a FB that got hot as a RB for like a year or 2. And then its back to Mike Alstott, who was also a FB that just got a ton of carries. 

Now, Illinois has had a white RB, Mike Epstein for what feels like 10 years now. I suspect he will be undrafted and never really stick. I do think he has a ton of talent, but really hardly gets any work on the field for them. He is a really good pass catching back a la Laird. Both a poor mans McCaffery. We will see what the future holds for Epistein. 

There was Alex Smith from Indiana in the early 90s, but never made it into the NFL.  Great college stats though.

Just a random question:

Is everyone here mentally prepared for this team to suck for at least a couple years, if not longer, should that be the case?

It seems to be a consensus among most Eagles fans that the team's immediate future doesn't look very bright. But that doesn't mean every fan is mentally prepared to watch bad football.

Or are you still holding out hope that someway, somehow the team could be in the mix for the playoffs next season?

58 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

draft a white RB, get a free draft pick back at the end of that round. Some kind of cool incentive. Maybe Patrick Laird should have been drafted higher and not buried on Miami's RB depth chart. Hes a very good player. And the only white RB I can think of in the NFL right now. 

One position you didnt mention is CB, and theyre even more scarce. I cant think of any white CBs currently, or even recently.

Sendejo is a Safety but he might not be white.  Sorenson from the Chiefs, also a Safety.  There might be 1 other on the Titans or somewhere else.

But yeah CB is really nothing.  Sehorn is the last one I can think of and that was awhile ago.

I think Sirianni is in a weird spot with Duce. He’s obviously well thought of, but I think they should just cut ties and let him move on. He’s hit his ceiling here and I feel like it’s gonna create a weird dynamic. 

It isn't remotely fair to Sirianni that there are people claiming that he only got this job because he is white. White privilege is a real thing but this isn't it. More than that it is completely unfair to Jeffrey Lurie who has hired a black head coach in the past and drafted McNabb and Hurts, and gave Vick a chance when he was a convicted felon and nobody else wanted to give him a second chance. The fact that this is being talked about so much is beyond ridiculous. Bo Wulf is a Fing moron and as a black man I don't want or need his virtue signaling BS.

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I think Sirianni is in a weird spot with Duce. He’s obviously well thought of, but I think they should just cut ties and let him move on. He’s hit his ceiling here and I feel like it’s gonna create a weird dynamic. 

it would help all parties if it was a 'mutual parting'.

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Same but I hope they help Duce find an OC job in college or something. If the players were really pushing for him I don’t want any resentment of hiring Sirianni and just flat out not bringing Duce back. 

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

Just a random question:

Is everyone here mentally prepared for this team to suck for at least a couple years, if not longer, should that be the case?

It seems to be a consensus among most Eagles fans that the team's immediate future doesn't look very bright. But that doesn't mean every fan is mentally prepared to watch bad football.

Or are you still holding out hope that someway, somehow the team could be in the mix for the playoffs next season?

Even in their darkest days I had hope until it was smashed.  When they went 9-7  in 1978 I thought they had made it to the main tent.  If the offensive is good and healthy and the QB is not horrible, in the NFC East the playoffs are definitely a possibility. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Same but I hope they help Duce find an OC job in college or something. If the players were really pushing for him I don’t want any resentment of hiring Sirianni and just flat out not bringing Duce back. 

If he were thst good he wouldnt need help finding a position

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Duce is either named OC or moved into the front office

2 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

If he were thst good he wouldnt need help finding a position

Putting in a phone call and good word is common practice with hiring coaches. It’s probably what got Sirianni a job.

2 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Yeah, he definitely derails the show, and the games he makes up are so convoluted and forced that I skip past them now. 

He needs to know he’s not as funny as he thinks he is. 

He is a complete and total clown. For one thing, dude needs to stop thinking he is fooling anyone with the way he combs his hair. Second, his virtue signaling holier than thou rant today was pathetic. Lastly, as you said this dude isn't even remotely funny. There is nothing worse than someone who is in love with their own sense of humor, especially when they aren't funny.

2 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

I would be shocked if he’s hired as OC. He has no play calling experience and was passed twice for OC and reportedly turned it down. I also doubt Sirianni got a job by pitching Duce as his right hand man. 

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I was gonna say South Carolina should hire him as coach but didnt realize they hired Beamer's kid.

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I said this earlier.  The best thing for Duce to do is head down to the college ranks and take an OC position.  Show that he can run an offense and build up his resume.  If he can have a successful college offense, an NFL HC job would be in his future. 

16 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

That's an interesting possibility that I haven't heard before

2 hours ago, schuy7 said:

Birds with Friends is hard to listen to sometimes when Bo Wulf goes off on random tangents all the time.

Tonight he was unbearable. Like Eric Bieniemy could have had this job. His agent and he didn’t want to interview cause they stated on Twitter mcdaniels was going to be hired and the lock for the job. Meanwhile sirianni takes the interview cause why not there’s always a chance you hit the homer run and gets it. Maybe instead Bieniemy playing the victim card his agent and he should realize they were ridiculous to not take the interview anyway. And afterwards say i didn’t have a fair shake. Now it looks like you just misread and believed the reports mcdaniels was a lock when he wasn’t. 

Ive said this all day on Bieniemy you miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take. This is one of those times where you screwed yourself out of a potential job not the other way around. 

5 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Qualified source. WTF are the qualifications? Jacka$$. 

Does it really make sense that the Eagles wanted Riley, and then went with Siri as a back up? That’s 180 from Hurts to Wentz.

Archived