EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

They are a really bad organization, I wouldn’t be surprised 

Kind of feel like Bieniemy gets hired there just to try to smooth things over with watson. I’d bet if watson still gets traded that Bieniemy gets fired in 2-3 years just do to a poor roster and lousy record. I wouldn’t take that job unless i knew watson is coming back. But I don’t think that would just be Eric Bieniemy that would get fired in this scenario. I think anyone would get fired from that job because it’s going to be a really bad team if Watson is traded for the next 2 to 3 years. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I could make the argument he was the hottest candidate on the market. So you’re going to hit Atlanta for not going with a minority candidate even though they could have the hottest candidate that was on the market? 

also how many Latino and Asian coaches are there in the league? I’m guessing way less than Caucasian and African American. And less getting into the field or given positions. I have yet to see someone gets super upset that there’s not enough Latino or Asian coaches in the league. They are also minorities. So we’re OK with them not getting opportunities and jobs but we’re not OK with one specific minority not getting jobs? Seems like we fight battles for some minorities and others we don’t care so much about. 

I would say he was absolutely the hottest candidate, everyone interviewed him. And by getting heat it was more by the Twitter mob than talking heads. Eagles hiring Sirianni is more prominent people speaking out on it.

55 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Besides where else could Fetterman post that the cowboys suck?

The EMB!

Go Eagles, Dallas sucks.

4 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

I think it's more likely they finish with the worst record in the NFL than win 9 games.

Depends where the salary cap is set.  Eagles will need to shed salary, but it’s not been decided how much.  They won’t suffer at all on the field by losing Jeffery or Desean Jackson.  They’ll only miss Malik and Zach Ertz a little.  We will see how much deeper the payroll needs to be purged.  They might have to choose between Brandon Graham and Barnett.

The offense will be better next season almost by default.  Wentz was holding it together in 2019 with binder twine, and this season it all came apart.  A fresh scheme, new ideas, and the proper players on the field will yield benefits 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I would say he was absolutely the hottest candidate, everyone interviewed him. And by getting heat it was more by the Twitter mob than talking heads. Eagles hiring Sirianni is more prominent people speaking out on it.

Its more talked about because sirianni less of a known name then Arthur smith who was projected as one of the best. He didn’t have the sizzle that Arthur smith had cause of the Titans performance last year and in 2019. I’m guessing if the eagles hired daboll and not sirianni there’s much less blow back as he was a hot name. People would be like oh that makes sense with how he worked with josh Allen 

more amazing to me is how no one is talking about Eric Bieniemy and his agent doing what they did. And then it blew up in their face that they didn’t even get it right the Josh McDaniels wasn’t the coach they got hired. Am I opinion they look like complete idiots for putting that out there and then the Eagles made a completely different hire with a candidate who interviewed after josh mcdaniels. It shows me the Eagles were looking for somebody to hire as they weren’t sold on mcdaniels. And yet he didn’t even want to take a swing at it and hope he hits it out of the park. 

5 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Depends where the salary cap is set.  Eagles will need to shed salary, but it’s not been decided how much.  They won’t suffer at all on the field by losing Jeffery or Desean Jackson.  They’ll only miss Malik and Zach Ertz a little.  We will see how much deeper the payroll needs to be purged.  They might have to choose between Brandon Graham and Barnett.

The offense will be better next season almost by default.  Wentz was holding it together in 2019 with binder twine, and this season it all came apart.  A fresh scheme, new ideas, and the proper players on the field will yield benefits 

Not so sure those latter things are a given. I think there's a possibility we find out just how much of the problems were Wentz and the talent than the coaching, but time will definitely tell.

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Forgot they are going to 17 games. That just looks weird after years of 16 games. I still think it’s a 6-7 win team. 

IF eagles are healthy and actually execute, with properly designed plays to counter defenses...  i think they have the talent to be more than a 6-7 win team.  we've been boned with health issues, relying on aging veterans that (surprise) compounded health issues, a very vanilla set of plays called, AND wentz executing them at a historically awful pace with the worst mechanics we've seen in a qb in a long time.

i remember during our super bowl year, wentz had this amazing third down completion percentage.  the other stat, which concerned me more was that, he also converted an insane amount of third and longs.  when i was watching those games where he did that, in the back of my head, i knew he could not keep that up.  no team is built to convert third and longs on a regular basis.  doing so that year was an outlier and if the team was going to have any continued success, we'd have to have more third and short situations.  unfortunately, that was not the case.  as wentz's mechanics tanked, the team finding ways to be in third and long due to poor play design, was really highlighted.  gone was the amazing third down completion percentage and it was replaced with wentz being a turnover machine playing hero ball with bad mechanics.

if siri can come up with competent and creative plays and wentz can develop better mechanics, i think the team will have success.  the draft looks good to get another amazing weapon on offense and that can only help us.

11 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I will be beyond shocked if anyone other than Bieniemy or Caldwell is hired by the Texans 

Video interviews or not, it hurts Bieniemy a little bit to be so far into the playoffs especially if they win this week. It makes sense teams want their HC in place for the Senior Bowl.    Todd Bowles, did he interview with anyone else?  Another guy still in the playoffs, a DC, and was already a HC, Lurie has never hired a re-tread.  Weren’t the Eagles the only team to interview Mayo as well?    

No one has a perfect system but the Eagles did their due diligence this offseason, maybe not the year they hired Doug, but this year they did.  

The Texans are a crap storm, that neither of those guys probably want to deal with.  

4 minutes ago, JayEcho said:

IF eagles are healthy and actually execute, with properly designed plays to counter defenses...  i think they have the talent to be more than a 6-7 win team.  we've been boned with health issues, relying on aging veterans that (surprise) compounded health issues, a very vanilla set of plays called, AND wentz executing them at a historically awful pace with the worst mechanics we've seen in a qb in a long time.

i remember during our super bowl year, wentz had this amazing third down completion percentage.  the other stat, which concerned me more was that, he also converted an insane amount of third and longs.  when i was watching those games where he did that, in the back of my head, i knew he could not keep that up.  no team is built to convert third and longs on a regular basis.  doing so that year was an outlier and if the team was going to have any continued success, we'd have to have more third and short situations.  unfortunately, that was not the case.  as wentz's mechanics tanked, the team finding ways to be in third and long due to poor play design, was really highlighted.  gone was the amazing third down completion percentage and it was replaced with wentz being a turnover machine playing hero ball with bad mechanics.

if siri can come up with competent and creative plays and wentz can develop better mechanics, i think the team will have success.  the draft looks good to get another amazing weapon on offense and that can only help us.

Siri — play Pound The Rock 

14 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Its more talked about because sirianni less of a known name then Arthur smith who was projected as one of the best. He didn’t have the sizzle that Arthur smith had cause of the Titans performance last year and in 2019. I’m guessing if the eagles hired daboll and not sirianni there’s much less blow back as he was a hot name. People would be like oh that makes sense with how he worked with josh Allen 

more amazing to me is how no one is talking about Eric Bieniemy and his agent doing what they did. And then it blew up in their face that they didn’t even get it right the Josh McDaniels wasn’t the coach they got hired. Am I opinion they look like complete idiots for putting that out there and then the Eagles made a completely different hire with a candidate who interviewed after josh mcdaniels. It shows me the Eagles were looking for somebody to hire as they weren’t sold on mcdaniels. And yet he didn’t even want to take a swing at it and hope he hits it out of the park. 

Agreed, it’s not Luries fault Bieniemy turned down the interview....  It may be Doug’s or Howie’s, but not Lurie’s.  Doug may have spoken to him about what’s going on here,  or already knows he doesn’t want to work for Howie.     When the owners contact the coaches agents, his agent may have said, 5 year minimum, and he picks his staff.   If Lurie says no, his agent says good luck. 

Also just want to add no one local was even close to saying Sirianni was the guy which makes me question all their sources. Closest was Mosher who said it’s between McDaniels and Sirianni. Eskin continues to be the King. Of hacks. 

17 minutes ago, JayEcho said:

I look at it this way. You’re always going to have some sort of injuries. This team is so far over the Cap that they’re gonna have to get under the cap by releasing some guys that they probably don’t have adequate replacements for. So on top of the fact you’re gonna have to get rid of some of those guys you’re probably gonna have some injuries along the way as well which is going to hurt you.

I think they’re gonna be playing a lot of young players.  I think to start the year if there’s no off-season activities like last year you’re going to have trouble with a new coach having everyone on the same page early in that season. I think talent wise if everyone stays healthy and you bring everyone back then yeah they probably are better but I’m also going to account for there’s gonna be some injuries, they’re going to release some guys just to get below the cap and first year coach and unpredictable offseason a d growing pains. 

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Also just want to add no one local was even close to saying Sirianni was the guy which makes me question all their sources. Closest was Mosher who said it’s between McDaniels and Sirianni. Eskin continues to be the King. Of hacks. 

I mean once he had the interview and it came out he was there for six hours more people started to push that he was a serious candidate. Unless of course you’re Adam caplan and you just knew it but you couldn’t say anything.... lol 

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

How much of the coaching staff do you think will be Sirianni selections?  Ostensibly both Fipp and Stoutland will remain; I wonder if there will be any others.

I sure hope there is a way to blow up the strength and conditioning group and replace with competent people 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I mean once he had the interview and it came out he was there for six hours more people started to push that he was a serious candidate. Unless of course you’re Adam caplan and you just knew it but you couldn’t say anything.... lol 

McMullen and Eskin were both saying it was Duce or McDaniels. A lot of the other people kept jumping on the McDaniels train. Some mentioned Sirianni but no one came close to saying he was a favorite or the choice. Even Vegas had him at 8/1 odds and behind like 5 candidates just today. 

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

How much of the coaching staff do you think will be Sirianni selections?  Ostensibly both Fipp and Stoutland will remain; I wonder if there will be any others.

I sure hope there is a way to blow up the strength and conditioning group and replace with competent people 

i hope they ask wentz to provide a list of possible qb coaches he would probably like and blacklist every name written down.  if they hire someone and wentz says the phrase "i think this guy could be good and we could be buddies / friends"...  ish can them yesterday.  if wentz says "this guy is an a-hole that makes me work", keep that guy for as long as you can.

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

With this organization it’s hard to say. I’d say Stoutland, if he agrees, is a lock. Fipp and Duce are in the 50/50 for the same gigs they had. We’ll find out soon enough whose in control here. 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

With this organization it’s hard to say. I’d say Stoutland, if he agrees, is a lock. Fipp and Duce are in the 50/50 for the same gigs they had. We’ll find out soon enough whose in control here. 

for fipp to stay, i'd ask him:

"quick..  greg ward has a 95% fair catch tendency at the 10 yard line on punt returns..  what do you do?"

if he says, "send him out again.."

ish can him.

for duce to stay, i'd ask him:

"quick..  miles sanders is averaging 6.8 yards a carry through the first half and has two touchdowns so far..  what do you do in the second half?"

if duce responds, "miles sanders who?"

ish can him too.

1 minute ago, JayEcho said:

for fipp to stay, i'd ask him:

"quick..  greg ward has a 95% fair catch tendency at the 10 yard line on punt returns..  what do you do?"

if he says, "send him out again.."

ish can him.

for duce to stay, i'd ask him:

"quick..  miles sanders is averaging 6.8 yards a carry through the first half and has two touchdowns so far..  what do you do in the second half?"

if duce responds, "miles sanders who?"

ish can him too.

Ward fair catching 95% of the time would sadly be an improvement to our PR game 

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

McMullen and Eskin were both saying it was Duce or McDaniels. A lot of the other people kept jumping on the McDaniels train. Some mentioned Sirianni but no one came close to saying he was a favorite or the choice. Even Vegas had him at 8/1 odds and behind like 5 candidates just today. 

Yeah i should’ve bet on sirianni. It felt like when John Clark reported he had a continuation of the interview after the first one that it was heading in that direction. I couldn’t believe the odds were 8/1 when i saw that this morning. Felt like us on the board had a better feeling it was going in that direction as of last night into the morning then Vegas. 

15 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I wonder if Sirianni brings in Mike McCoy as OC ....

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Same but I hope they help Duce find an OC job in college or something. If the players were really pushing for him I don’t want any resentment of hiring Sirianni and just flat out not bringing Duce back. 

They're grown arse men who should know this is a business.

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Didn’t chip when they hired him say he cared about just being coach. I vividly remember that in their intro press conference that he wanted to just come there and coach and do his thing. And then as he had more success he wanted that power. Maybe I’m just not Accurately remembering this.

You’re right, but Chip also said Billy Davis would be a good defensive coach, so he lied from the start. 

Watching Sportscenter tonight was a joke. This narrative that teams are purposefully  neglecting to hire black head coaches is ridiculous. ESPN should be ashamed of themselves for trying to fan a flame. Our country is divided enough. 

And for the record, I'm a minority.

15 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Watching Sportscenter tonight was a joke. This narrative that teams are purposefully  neglecting to hire black head coaches is ridiculous. ESPN should be ashamed of themselves for trying to fan a flame. Our country is divided enough. 

And for the record, I'm a minority.

You mean wokespn

Archived