Coaches not returning: Manuel, Fipp, Staley, Taylor, Scangarello, Mornhinweg, Flajole

time2rock

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

I agree. I think if Lurie and Roseman have to dictate his coaching staff, then that alone should make the decision. I believe a coach should have full autonomy on his staff, and that can be one of the ropes used to hang himself.

If Doug wants Press back as QB coach or OC, then he needs to go. Lurie would be justified at that point.  I agree a coach needs to bring in his own staff, but the HC needs to look at the regression that Carson had under Press and understand why it's time for someone new there.   Bring in a new HC and let that coach choose his staff and let's get on with the show.

• Like 3

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

I agree. I think if Lurie and Roseman have to dictate his coaching staff, then that alone should make the decision. I believe a coach should have full autonomy on his staff, and that can be one of the ropes used to hang himself.

Doug keeps saying he just wants to coach and doesn't really want any say in anything else. Yet reports come out that he is the only person that wanted carson on the bench. I'm not one to give a sheet what the media says but that coming out once again makes things very cloudy in who has control over what and what ultimately leads to disfuntion. 

Just now, CaliEagle said:

If Doug wants Press back as QB coach or OC, then he needs to go. Lurie would be justified at that point.  I agree a coach needs to bring in his own staff, but the HC needs to look at the regression that Carson had under Press and understand why it's time for someone new there.   Bring in a new HC and let that coach choose his staff and let's get on with the show.

And yet we heard that the coaching staff he had this year was pushed on him. I try not to play into all the rumors but this all seems so dysfunctional

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

And yet we heard that the coaching staff he had this year was pushed on him. I try not to play into all the rumors but this all seems so dysfunctional

It really does. We don't know the facts or what has actually gone on behind closed doors. But what we do see is a dysfunctional mess. Or at least that's how this all looks. 

This organization is a clusterF.

If they don't trust Doug to call the plays or keep staffers he likes, why is he still the coach?

If they don't trust him, why wasn't he already fired?

Why did they think forcing him to bring in new coaches in back to back years would make a difference if it already failed?

Why does Howie Roseman win every organizational power struggle?

Lurie seems rudderless right now. That's the scariest thing of all. He's indecisive, he doesn't know what to do or who to trust. And Howie(the biggest problem) has his closest ear.

And he'll be advising Lurie on any coaching change. A guy who advised almost hiring Gus Bradley and Chip Kelly(both of whom were disasters).

Almost hired Ben McAdoo and Adam Gase. Both of whom were awful.

We are in so much trouble it's depressing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It really does. We don't know the facts or what has actually gone on behind closed doors. But what we do see is a dysfunctional mess. Or at least that's how this all looks. 

Agreed, again I don't play into the media BS and I don't care what they tell us in the media. That being said even without not listening to that stuff it still seems ridiculous

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Take this for what it’s worth, but a recent report claims Lurie still may fire Doug.  To summarize, if Lurie isn’t confident in Doug’s ability to call the offense or assemble a staff he may decide to move on.

https://www.radio.com/94wip/sports/eagles/report-eagles-might-still-fire-doug-pederson

What's comical is the idea that Lurie isn't confident in Pederson's ability, yet he can look at the makeup of this roster and the cap situation and be remotely confident in Roseman's ability.           Comical and utterly preposterous.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

When they brought Marty back, I felt it was a continuance of wanting to relive the Andy Reid era. They need to start finding a new direction and not try to keep living in Andy's shoes.  I'd like to see them bring in a new HC that isn't under Andy's tree and try to forge a new direction. They need to get out of the shadows of 2017 and stop comparing rosters to 2017.  

16 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Who knows this team is such a mess when it comes to structure and who decides what. I don't agree with some saying they need to go outside the organization, maybe in this case they do but, the great franchises promote within to keep the success going. 

That's a fine idea when there is actually success to keep going.             This is a sinking ship at the moment.

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

If they don't trust Doug to call the plays or keep staffers he likes, why is he still the coach?

Why did they think forcing him to bring in new coaches in back to back years would make a difference if it already failed?

Lurie seems rudderless right now. That's the scariest thing of all. He's indecisive, he doesn't know what to do or who to trust. And Howie(the biggest problem) has his closest ear.

And he'll be advising Lurie on any coaching change. A guy who advised almost hiring Gus Bradley and Chip Kelly(both of whom were disasters).

To be fair people were pissed we didn't get Gase so fans don't always know better. Chil was a hot commodity and no one thought they could pull him from college and Howie stayed persistent and got him. Looking at it now is easy criticize some moves but, fans were on board with a lot of them. 

Just now, mjkvol said:

That's a fine idea when there is actually success to keep going.             This is a sinking ship at the moment.

That is why I said maybe in this case they should

4 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

When they brought Marty back, I felt it was a continuance of wanting to relive the Andy Reid era. They need to start finding a new direction and not try to keep living in Andy's shoes.  I'd like to see them bring in a new HC that isn't under Andy's tree and try to forge a new direction. They need to get out of the shadows of 2017 and stop comparing rosters to 2017.  

Completely agree, they don't seem to want to though. 

• Like 1

It does make me wonder though, if Pederson was safe there would some word on them interviewing some DC candidates, so far crickets. I have a feeling they will let him go, if Lurie was smart he would get rid of Howie too.

• Like 1

In addition to Doug’s ability to run an offense and assemble a staff, Lurie also needs to have confidence in Doug’s abilities in player development.  I feel that is as big an issue with this current coaching staff as anything else.  So many players have either regressed or just haven’t developed under his watch.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

It does seem almost Shakespearean in its inner turmoil and power struggles. 

If you want him gone then fire him. What you don’t do is initiate or allow leak after leak regarding his future, the coach who won the franchise its only Super Bowl three stinking years ago. It is disrespectful and completely classless. And don’t tell me it not Lurie’s fault. The leak game is well established dating back to the earliest days of his ownership. Not to mention allowing Pederson to take all the hits regarding the Sudfeld move. No way Doug did that on his own. Very disappointing.

1 hour ago, Mr_Philly said:

It does make me wonder though, if Pederson was safe there would some word on them interviewing some DC candidates, so far crickets. I have a feeling they will let him go, if Lurie was smart he would get rid of Howie too.

Howie is untouchable. Personally I have more faith in the EMB's drafting abilities than Howie's. :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Are they leaks or just media making crap up?

I'd say the latter

Agreed, probably just click bait. I think if he was going to fire Pederson he would be gone, Lurie has never hesitated in the past.

I will say the same thing as the Wentz leaks they are coming from someplace.  Agents, FO, Players, other teams the stuff is coming from someplace.   

14 minutes ago, mihailo said:

Howie is untouchable. Personally I have more faith in the EMB's drafting abilities than Howie's. :ph34r:

Me too.

56 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Are they leaks or just media making crap up?

I'd say the latter

Very well could be.  Best way to diffuse this would be for Lurie to squash the rumor publicly. 

When Pederson got the job most did not think he was a top coach. Top asst were added, then left.

the bigger problem is drafting. The draft is a disaster. Top personnel need to run the draft

36 minutes ago, joboggi said:

When Pederson got the job most did not think he was a top coach. Top asst were added, then left.

the bigger problem is drafting. The draft is a disaster. Top personnel need to run the draft

I wanted Gus. He turned out to not be a good HC for Jags