Coaches not returning: Manuel, Fipp, Staley, Taylor, Scangarello, Mornhinweg, Flajole

time2rock

18 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Link?

Nothing in stone yet just lots of chatter, and his wiki this morning already had him employed by Alabama in 2021, than they changed it back.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Do we know what he's going to do in Atlanta? Presumably a step up from TE coach?

No just a tight end coach

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Really? Was he not part of Sirianni's plans here?

Sirianni will put his own staff together with his guy. The one dude I think has the best chance returning is Stoutland. I think we will see a heavy feature of guys he has worked with before, particularly from Chargers (given the coaching change there means those guys are available)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

Sirianni will put his own staff together with his guy. The one dude I think has the best chance returning is Stoutland. I think we will see a heavy feature of guys he has worked with before, particularly from Chargers (given the coaching change there means those guys are available)

Will it be Sirianni? Or will it be Lurie and Howie?

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Really? Was he not part of Sirianni's plans here?

Must not of been 🤷

Didn't see this posted as a main topic. It was big enough to be a main topic! atleast for me! i've been calling for press taylor's replacement since the year after the superbowl!

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-not-bringing-back-qbs-coach-press-taylor-2021-report

A year after promoting Press Taylor, the Eagles are not bringing back the quarterbacks coach and passing game coordinator, according to NJ.com’s Mike Kaye.

Not a big shock here, especially after Jeff Lurie reportedly bristled at the thought of promoting Taylor when presented the idea by Doug Pederson. Pederson was fired a week later.

And we already know that Kevin Patullo will be joining new head coach Nick Sirianni as the pass game coordinator. The Eagles have yet to hire a new quarterbacks coach.

Early in this offseason, the Eagles were expected to sit down with Carson Wentz and try to mend a relationship that is, at the very least, strained. Firing Pederson should help. But Taylor and Wentz have become very close over the last several years and it remains to be seen how this move affects the relationship between Wentz and the organization.

Taylor, 32, came to Philadelphia back in 2013 when he was hired to Chip Kelly’s staff  as an offensive quality control coach. He was promoted to assistant quarterbacks coach in 2016 upon the arrival of Wentz and was promoted to quarterbacks coach in 2018 after John DeFilippo left to take an offensive coordinator job.

After two years as the quarterbacks coach, the Eagles promoted Taylor last offseason and added the title of passing game coordinator to his resume.

"Maybe responsibility here in terms of scripting something for practice has changed a little bit, but still involved just as much as I ever have been in the quarterback meetings, in constant communication with Doug, with Carson, with all the other offensive coaches, as well, and this continues to be a collaborative effort,” Taylor said in September about his expanded role.

"I don't know that much has changed. Everybody has always had their piece of the puzzle, and then we all put it together and come together and all agree on what we're doing, our philosophy in situations, how we're going to attack each game plan, what we're thinking in each situation within the game plan, so that hasn't changed much I would say.”

The Eagles clearly thought highly of Taylor and showed that by promoting him several times throughout his time in Philadelphia but in 2020 the Eagles’ offense continued to struggle and struggled mightily in the passing game.

In 2020, the Eagles ranked 10th in passing attempts and 28th in passing offense. So there was a clear disconnect between what the Eagles wanted to do and what they were able to do.

The offensive struggles coincided with a major regression from Wentz, who went from being a top-10 quarterback to one of the worst in the NFL this past season. It’s unclear how responsible Taylor was for that downturn but it’s hard to keep your job when the guy you’re in charge of coaching regresses to that point.

Wentz this season completed just 57.4% of his passes and threw 16 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. It was by far the worst season of his NFL career and he was benched after 12 starts.

Could almost say he got Doug fired, but when you know promoting him will get you fired, it’s more like you quit. 

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Thank freaking God! Now if the team are so determined to fix Wentz then bring in a guy who is going to get after him. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Thank freaking God! Now if the team are so determined to fix Wentz then bring in a guy who is going to get after him. 

Exactly.  Not someone Wentz feels buddy buddy with.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jblah said:

Didn't see this posted as a main topic. It was big enough to be a main topic! atleast for me! i've been calling for press taylor's replacement since the year after the superbowl!

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-not-bringing-back-qbs-coach-press-taylor-2021-report

It was posted an hour before you, very easy to find on the last page, now 2 posts above yours.  Taylor's name was also already in the topic title.

Just now, Moderator6 said:

At this point, it will be easier to discuss who stays as most of the coaches are gone or will be.

Who is left? Have they fired the health staff and the scouting department yet?

What’s the verdict on Fipp? We know yet if he’s staying or going? Special teams cost them a couple games last year, and they weren’t good the two previous seasons either. Time for a change there. 

Flajole I think is a loss. I think he did amazing considering the lack of talent he was given. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 20dawk4life said:

Flajole I think is a loss. I think he did amazing considering the lack of talent he was given. 

Yeah, he's hard to judge since he has next to nothing to work with.

• Like 1

No Press Taylor! Frankly I hope they just clean house. The less hold overs the better IMO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moderator6 said:

At this point, it will be easier to discuss who stays as most of the coaches are gone or will be.

I can refrain from posting updates as they are reported (on announcements regarding coaches not being retained, finding employment elsewhere, etc).  

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I can refrain from posting updates as they are reported (on announcements regarding coaches not being retained, finding employment elsewhere, etc).  

Not at all, I was joking about everyone leaving. We just don't need a new topic for each person. Keep posting updates :-)

• Thanks 1