Eagles and Doug Pederson "part ways" - All discussion here

phil77

Should be interesting to see what comes of this meeting.  Seems Lurie isn't happ with the coaching decisions that Doug had planned and wants him to hire from the outside.  If Doug stands firm and wants Press Taylor as OC will Lurie send him packing?   Can't imagine Lurie watching our offense this year and would be happy with no changes.  

Does Lurie want Pederson or Wentz? That's what this is probably really about. 

If Doug is fired, Howie will be hiring a new Head Coach and retooling through the draft.

Howie Roseman.

One thing I do think is that the head coach should pick his staff. We can’t have another year of staff being forced on Pederson. So yeah Lurie is call is to either keep Pederson and let him do what he wants, or fire him. Just don’t do what they did last year.

And if he is going to can Doug (which I’m ok with), he needs to can Howie as well and hit the reset button.

Looking for a new coach with Howie still in charge defeats half the purpose in my view

I hope the conversation goes like this. Lurie: Doug Who do you want as OC. Doug: Press Tay.....  Lurie: you're fired.

7 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

he needs to can Howie as well

Unfortunately that won't ever happen. Those two are practically family apparently. 

10 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

I hope the conversation goes like this. Lurie: Doug Who do you want as OC. Doug: Press Tay.....  Lurie: you're fired.

Doug: ...no wonder that was a 1-way plane tix... can I finish this vanilla ice cream cone 🍦?

Doug:  Press, I have good news and bad news. The bad news is we have to let you go as QB coach because Carson experienced one of the worst regressions ever for a starting QB in his prime.  The good news is you have been promoted to offensive coordinator! That means you will get a significant raise and your own office!  Congratulations!  🙄  

35 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

One thing I do think is that the head coach should pick his staff. We can’t have another year of staff being forced on Pederson. So yeah Lurie is call is to either keep Pederson and let him do what he wants, or fire him. Just don’t do what they did last year.

And if he is going to can Doug (which I’m ok with), he needs to can Howie as well and hit the reset button.

Looking for a new coach with Howie still in charge defeats half the purpose in my view

I'm wondering when Doug was initially hired was it him or the FO that hired Reich and Defillippo.  Im pretty sure Schwartz was not Doug's decision to hire as DC.

My opinion is Doug is in way over his head as a HC.  I wouldn't trust him to bring in his own coaches.  

If DP is fired (which i doubt). The new HC will probably take a QB round one. 

If Press is the new OC, then I dont see any real offensive changes next year.

My opinion may not be popular, but I wonder if Doug doesn't want to be here. Who says Doug and or Doug's agent didn't leak that the Eagles weren't happy with him in the first place? There were also rumors the Eagles were going to trade him to the Jets. Doug doesn't care if he gets there, he just wants out. Apparently Lurie is furious with the Week 17 nonsense. Maybe Doug just doesn't give a crap. 

Like Art Howe says to Billy Beane in Moneyball, " And I, uh... I disagree with you, plain and simple. And moreover,  And I, uh... I disagree with you, plain and simple. And moreover, I'm playing my team in a way that I can explain in job interviews next winter.

At this point, Doug may just want to go. It's not crazy. Few people I've talked to that believe this is indeed the case. 

The play calling for the Browns as they scorched the Steelers tonight was superb.

Mike Priefer did a killer job filling in for Stepanski.

Just sayin'...

11 minutes ago, eaglegenius said:

The play calling for the Browns as they scorched the Steelers tonight was superb.

Mike Priefer did a killer job filling in for Stepanski.

Just sayin'...

Maybe he is the Nick Foles of backup coaches. 😲

Lurie should pull the plug entirely and start fresh. New GM, new HC, new coaching staff (hope they keep Duce and Jeff). No half measures!

This is such a messy situation. Can’t just fire one guy in the hope things will turn out right.

If the rumors are true Doug wants to promote Taylor to OC and possibly Burke to DC, nothing will change. It has become pretty obvious Lurie doesn’t agree with Doug’s plan and for good reason. When they hired Doug they wanted a "yes man” for Howie and even after winning a SB, Dougie P still is not allowed to pick his own assistants. Granted; keeping Groh last year or promomting Taylor this year, doesn’t feel like a smart decision and from that perspective I get it that Lurie interfered.

If he leaves Howie in charge of personel decisions (FA and Draft), nothing will change.

If the relationship between Doug and Wentz is indeed fractured beyond repair and Lurie wants to salvage his investment at all cost, keeping DP isn’t the answer.

What a mess!

3 hours ago, AzBirdGang said:

Press Taylor for oc is a joke. Hard to even fathom that being real. Doug trying to get fired?

I mean if that's true then Doug should be fired for that alone. What the F has Press done to warrant anything other than being fired?

2 hours ago, MagicMoment said:

Howie needs to be in the meeting. 

Trust me he will be there. He’ll be waiting inside the car downstairs to drive Coach Doug back to the airport.

I said it a week ago.  These two will not get on the same page today and Doug will be gone (with the balance of his staff).  His performance has been mediocre, at best, since that SB staff broke up and he broke a franchise qb in the process.  The defense was good enough this year to win, but Doug's part was not.  He's gonezo!

3 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I said it a week ago.  These two will not get on the same page today and Doug will be gone (with the balance of his staff).  His performance has been mediocre, at best, since that SB staff broke up.  The defense was good enough this year to win, but Doug's part was not.  He's gonezo!

His nickname isn’t important! He needs to be canned! :angry:

:whistle:

3 hours ago, wyote said:

Have they asked anyone from TATE to listen in so we can tell them our opinions? 

Have you asked your friends or family for a new joke?  Cos you've been trotting this old crap out since November.

15 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Have you asked your friends or family for a new joke?  Cos you've been trotting this old crap out since November.

Just do what I do bud... ignore anything that he posts because its all nonsense. 

Archived