Eagles and Doug Pederson "part ways" - All discussion here

phil77

So tell me how playing or pulling Sproles was DUCES fault? I'll wait

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

We don't even have Sproles now. How mnay games did we see the running game just STOPPED? That is NOT on Duce, that is on PED. Sanders can't be effective riding pine,but yeah lets blame the guy NOT responsible. The gut that IS, is Pederson. Maybe with Duce could have a CONSISTENT running game?  

Doug lets Duce handle the RB rotations, at least that is what he says. Sure, Doug is over everything including that decision. But, Duce should know situational football and understand that using a power back might be better in short yardage and feeding the hot hand.

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

Doug lets Duce handle the RB rotations, at least that is what he says. Sure, Doug is over everything including that decision. But, Duce should know situational football and understand that using a power back might be better in short yardage and feeding the hot hand.

Duce gives him the players, Duce does not make the game plan. He can offer his thoughts, PED makes those decisions and I seriously DOUBT Duce says "hey coach we need to stop our running game" Please

Just got notification from Bleacher Report that Doug has been canned.

Bienemy is going to get a lot of hype (deservedly so) but I would be in favor of Daboll if we are keeping Wentz.  Especially given what he did with Josh Allen 

Assuming this is true, I see Chris and Woody Johnson bringing Pederson up I-95 into The Meadowlands and his becoming the next Jets head coach.  It's EXACTLY the move I can see the Johnsons doing.  

WOW!! JEFF LURIE IS THE MAN!  THANK YOU JEFF!!!

There was a report that Jeff was "talking to people in the organization" and that Pederson could be fired if Lurie did not believe in his vision.  When I saw that, I thought there was a very good chance Pederson would be fired.

My hot take on this: he was fired because of communication failures.  Carson was pissed at him because Pederson benched him and didn't tell him what was happening.  When Hurts was benched the whole sideline was pissed because he didn't properly communicate what the plan was.  Lurie values communication.  This was actually a big reason to fire Chip.  

Also, second hot take: HIRE DUCE!

Oh well. Thank you for the Lombardi Doug, we will always be indebted to you.  Best of luck in your future career.

Archived