Eagles New HC Poll - search for new HC discussion here

Outlaw

Out of whose left, who do you want?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Current Poll: Out of whose left, who do you want?

• Daboll
    • Brady
    • Staley
    • Eberflus
    • Caldwell
    • McDaniels
    • Bienemy
    • Bowles
    • Lewis
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

Lincoln Riley.  He coached Hurts at Oklahoma and it would be a clear sign Hurts is the future QB.  

Wentz probably needs to go elsewhere.  Still think if Rivers retires we could see him in Indy, reunited with Frank Reich. 

1 minute ago, What The F said:

Frank Reich. Get Carson back on track. 

More likely Carson goes to Indy (if Philip Rivers retires). 

3 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Lincoln Riley.  He coached Hurts at Oklahoma and it would be a clear sign Hurts is the future QB.  

Wentz probably needs to go elsewhere.  Still think if Rivers retires we could see him in Indy, reunited with Frank Reich. 

More likely Carson goes to Indy (if Philip Rivers retires). 

I disagree. Hurts barley won the starting job at Oklahoma. Also he played only 1 year with Riley. To think if Riley was hired it would automatically be Hurts team is silly. I believe Wentz will start for the Eagles in 2021

1. Joe Brady -- Offensive mind, NFL experience. Young, so he fits into the "intermediate to long-term" success plan Lurie hypothesized.

2. Lincoln Riley -- Offensive mind, young. His 0 NFL experience scares me a little bit.

3. Robert Saleh -- Smart, well-spoken, holds players accountable. If he has a good offensive plan in mind, I'd be all about this.

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

So...who you want to see?  There are a lot of intriguing options out there. Personally, I’m a Daboll guy. The job he’s done in Buffalo really impressed me. He also has spent time under Saban and Belichick in his career. 

Daboll or bust

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Pick*

And several coaches turned the Eagles down prior to them going with Doug.  

It's a good thing they didn't hire who you wanted.  Your opinion shouldn't count. 

18 minutes ago, eaglestime34 said:

It's a good thing they didn't hire who you wanted.  Your opinion shouldn't count. 

???

I haven't said anything about who I wanted.  Nor did I want Adam Gase.  I would have been fine with Tom Coughlin.  I think another coach also turned the Eagles offer down but I can't remember.  I was just pointing out that the Eagles already had candidates turn down their job offer last go around when they were going for the structure in place where Howie has his hands over everything and a coaches say limited.  

Can't believe no one has named this obvious perfect choice yet:

Brody

Offense, defense he cares about them both.

Off-season wish list:

1. Brian Daboll

2. DeVonta Smith (absolutely TORCHING the buckeyes right now)

3. Profit

List would be:

a. Lincoln Riley (but he is not leaving OU so he doesn’t count)

1. Eric Bieniemy

2. Robert Saleh

3. Duce Staley

4. Ryan Day

Seeing several reports Eagles have already contacted Lincoln Riley.

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Seeing several reports Eagles have already contacted Lincoln Riley.

Get Riley, trade Wentz and rebuild with Hurts. Gonna be a year or two, but this might have legs. 

5 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Howie wants to lick the entire coaching staff? That’s messed up. 

And hilarious that people think most coordinator or lower candidates wouldn’t jump at the chance to be a HC. 

Two of you have now said that Howie wants to LICK the staff. 🤣

Lurie has never hired a previous NFL HC.  Coordinators, position coaches, college coach.

The hire really depends on what direction Lurie has envisioned for the team. Will Wentz be kept around due to financial reasons, or is the team going all in with Hurts? Which veterans are staying, and which are cap cuts/trades? What kind of rebuild are the Eagles pursuing?

If Wentz is staying because of the contract hit, we need a guy who can command respect in the locker room, and that might mean hiring an established NFL head coach. If Wentz is getting shipped, the door is open wider.

4 hours ago, Madriver said:

Riley. Start fresh and get the hell away from the Reid tree!

Agreed...the AR tree needs to end with Doug 

I voted Lincoln Riley out of the list because I like his head coaching experience, even though it’s at the college level.  I would rank my preferences as follows:

A List — Riley, Daboll, Joe Brady, Pete Carmichael Jr.

B List — Robert Saleh, Arthur Smith

C List — Lovie Smith, Matt Eberflus, Eric Bienemy 

This needs some context, though, in terms of who the assistant coaches would be.  Duce might not be a bad head coach if he’s surrounded by solid, experienced coordinators.

P.S.  I would laugh really hard if Lincoln Riley were named head coach and Jalen Hurts was traded shortly after.  Some of you guys are making too much of that relationship.  I took Lurie’s comments today to signal getting Wentz back on track is a high priority 

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Doesn’t matter. You are going to see the Eagles hire the least favorite option. 

Lurie will hire Jason Garrett. 

Archived