Eagles New HC Poll - search for new HC discussion here

Outlaw

Out of whose left, who do you want?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Current Poll: Out of whose left, who do you want?

• Daboll
    • Brady
    • Staley
    • Eberflus
    • Caldwell
    • McDaniels
    • Bienemy
    • Bowles
    • Lewis
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, jblah said:

you know...now i'm leaning Lincoln Riley. If you look at the mess with Howie, it looks like Howie has a lot of respect from Lincoln based on what has been reported. Perhaps Howie will let Lincoln do his job for once if he actually comes in. 

Duce on the other hand would get the same treatment as Doug. 

Well it's interesting the "relationship" that was reported earlier.  But they also probably talk to lots of college coaches and personnel to do their research on players.  

But "if" they really want to go with Lincoln and reunite him with his QB it would be similar to Chip Kelly getting control of the type of players and scheme he wants and Howie getting them for him...Lurie wants an innovative, elite offense.  If Riley sold a plan to use Hurts and other talent to do that, he might instruct Howie to get whatever players he wants.  Who knows, it's hard to say who really calls the shots.  Apparently Lurie wanted JJAW?

23 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Well it's interesting the "relationship" that was reported earlier.  But they also probably talk to lots of college coaches and personnel to do their research on players.  

But "if" they really want to go with Lincoln and reunite him with his QB it would be similar to Chip Kelly getting control of the type of players and scheme he wants and Howie getting them for him...Lurie wants an innovative, elite offense.  If Riley sold a plan to use Hurts and other talent to do that, he might instruct Howie to get whatever players he wants.  Who knows, it's hard to say who really calls the shots.  Apparently Lurie wanted JJAW?

its all hard to know who wanted what. I think the main thing is, if you are going to hire a head coach and then have to micromanage them, then its not worth hiring that head coach. If you hire the guy, trust him to get the job done and back away. let his own actions speak for his credentials and if you don't like the direction he is going get rid of him and get another guy. I have no problem that they got rid of Doug. if he didn't see eye to eye thats fine. Where i have a problem with is them telling him which coaches he should hire or who he should fire. if you are going to do that, then you should have fired doug a while back already.

33 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Apparently Lurie wanted JJAW?

Just curious, where is this coming from?

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Just curious, where is this coming from?

The new ownership needed topic, and this tweet to a McLane article.

13 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Jesus, now Lurie meddling in talent acquisition.  I like him less and less and the years go by.  Hire people you can trust to do their jobs.  

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Jesus, now Lurie meddling in talent acquisition.  I like him less and less and the years go by.  Hire people you can trust to do their jobs.  

Dude has been meddling for years now. 

20 minutes ago, NOTW said:

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Gentlemen, that article from the Inquirer was written by Marcus Hayes. He is an absolute drama queen and anything but reliable. I'd take that with a grain of salt and Jeff McLane should have too.

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Or maybe hire people as cover to do your bidding but make it look like a "collaborative process” with a lot of social intellect.

7 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Gentlemen, that article from the Inquirer was written by Marcus Hayes. He is an absolute drama queen and anything but reliable. I'd take that with a grain of salt and Jeff McLane should have too.

Very well could be.  always lots of rumors and unnamed "sources" around the team.

We do know that Doug said he was going to retain Groh and Walch last year, then literally 1 day later they announced both were fired.  We do know Doug wanted out because he wanted to hire his own coaches and Lurie had "a different vision."  

I really see Duce being the next HC. Not necessarily my pick but he's respected by players and the general fan base. As optics go it's a safe feel good pick. He could bring some level of stability to the rebuilding process that Lurie seems to want to go through. I just think when you look at the big picture Duce checks a lot of boxes Lurie might be looking for right now. Lurie obviously wants a yes man that will roll with his plan for the future. That plan seems to be to get younger and shed cap first instead of looking for success in the year(s) to come. I don't think the priority for Lurie and Roseman, at this time, is getting the best HC but getting a HC that shares their vision. Once the pieces are in place Duce will either be successful and remain or will be the next fall guy.

Just now, NOTW said:

Very well could be.  always lots of rumors and unnamed "sources" around the team.

We do know that Doug said he was going to retain Groh and Walch last year, then literally 1 day later they announced both were fired.  We do know Doug wanted out because he wanted to hire his own coaches and Lurie had "a different vision."  

I think what little we can glean about Lurie and Howie will be there in the HC hire. If they pick a strong willed guy who challenges Howie when necessary then most rumors are wrong. If they hire a Coach as soft as a PAC-12 CB who won't disagree with anything, then we're in NFL hell, because nothing will change for the better.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Saw a report they are looking to interview Todd Bowles. Where’s he on the list?

Top of the Rooney Rule qualifiers is my guess.

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

I think what little we can glean about Lurie and Howie will be there in the HC hire. If they pick a strong willed guy who challenges Howie when necessary then most rumors are wrong. If they hire a Coach as soft as a PAC-12 CB who won't disagree with anything, then we're in NFL hell, because nothing will change for the better.

Top of the Rooney Rule qualifiers is my guess.

They could simply interview Duce for that. 

20 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Brian Daboll or Eric Bienemy

THIS ^

19 hours ago, Next_Up said:

Duce with Lovie Smith as DC and Josh McCown as OC

Stop with the satire- that's MY job.

19 hours ago, Mr_Philly said:

Juan Castillo 

"Da fundamentals, maiiiyaahhnn. They are like magic Santa's magic dust!!"

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Saw a report they are looking to interview Todd Bowles. Where’s he on the list?

His name was mentioned in the first wave of interviews. 

Wasn't he our temporary DC after Davis got fired, what makes Lurie think he could be HC when he couldn't even cut it as DC? 

Just now, Birdman said:

His name was mentioned in the first wave of interviews. 

Wasn't he our temporary DC after Davis got fired, what makes Lurie think he could be HC when he couldn't even cut it as DC? 

Your guess is as good as mine.

15 hours ago, stinkfist said:

Two of you have now said that Howie wants to LICK the staff. 🤣

Toungue.jpg

13 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I don't know why, but I get a feeling that Duce gets the call.  Not my choice.

I want at least an OC with experience already. I have to keep in mind Lurie and Howie want a boot licker, though. Howie and licking... it's a thing now.

Toungue.jpg

30 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Dude has been meddling for years now. 

Yeah but in who we draft?  That’s a whole new level of meddling!  

Meanwhile everyone ready to show up on Howie’s lawn with pitchforks and Metcalf signs and for all we know he would have taken him if not for Lurie.  

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

They could simply interview Duce for that. 

I get the impression that Jeffrey Lurie would prefer more than one qualifying interview. 

Archived