Eagles New HC Poll - search for new HC discussion here

Outlaw

Out of whose left, who do you want?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Current Poll: Out of whose left, who do you want?

• Daboll
    • Brady
    • Staley
    • Eberflus
    • Caldwell
    • McDaniels
    • Bienemy
    • Bowles
    • Lewis
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't know why, but I get a feeling that Duce gets the call.  Not my choice.

For me it's Lincoln Riley. He's the only choice that really excites me. I mean you could possibly convince me on Daboll or Saleh but Riley is I think the potentially most exciting move. 

20 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

For me it's Lincoln Riley. He's the only choice that really excites me. I mean you could possibly convince me on Daboll or Saleh but Riley is I think the potentially most exciting move. 

That would definitely excite the fans.  Its still yet to be determined how the Air Raid works in the NFL though.  The Cardinals run a similar offense. Kingsbury, along with Riley and Dana Holgorsen, are all part of the Hal Mumme offensive tree.

If you want one of the Air Raid originals, go Mike Leach.  He still runs it with great success and is a real character. Check out his YouTube videos.  He talks about UFOs and Bigfoot in press conferences.

I expect it to be Duce

I'd prefer Lincoln Riley,  Matt Campbell, Joe Brady or maybe trying to prise Pete Carmichael out of New Orleans.

Just please god not Bieniemy.

It has to be said though, with our roster, cap and contract situations allied to a GM who has now thrown 2 head coaches under a bus, we are not the prettiest girl at the HC Vacancy Prom, hence my first line.

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

That would definitely excite the fans.  Its still yet to be determined how the Air Raid works in the NFL though.  The Cardinals run a similar offense. Kingsbury, along with Riley and Dana Holgorsen, are all part of the Hal Mumme offensive tree.

If you want one of the Air Raid originals, go Mike Leach.  He still runs it with great success and is a real character. Check out his YouTube videos.  He talks about UFOs and Bigfoot in press conferences.

Yeah I don't want a head coach that only has college experience. They all mostly suck or eventually burn out in the NFL. Well then there is that whole Chip thing

It's going to be Duce. He'll be the coach while we suck and then if we get to a point where there are decent pieces in place, unless he establishes himself as a legitimate HC, they'll fire him and get whatever coach is hot at the time. 

No big name up and comer is going to come coach this mess, especially with Howie at the helm. Not when they can either A) stay at a big successful college program , B) choose a better job at the NFL level, or C) stay at their current NFL position until a better HC opportunity comes around which is basically every year. 

I personally still think Wentz should be traded. But if he is not, then give me Daboll. He did an incredible job with Josh Allen. Though the Chargers SHOULD be looking at him to work with Herbert and that’s honestly a more appealing job. 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yeah I don't want a head coach that only has college experience. They all mostly suck or eventually burn out in the NFL. Well then there is that whole Chip thing

Its such a different game.  I'm not big on Riley, but he would get people excited (even though it looks like a Chip redo).

52 minutes ago, nipples said:

I personally still think Wentz should be traded. But if he is not, then give me Daboll. He did an incredible job with Josh Allen. Though the Chargers SHOULD be looking at him to work with Herbert and that’s honestly a more appealing job. 

I agree. That's gonna depend on the type of coach that gets hired. Do you want a Vet that's on a slump, or an unproven limited playing time 2ndyr QB. Orrrrrr do you want "your" guy and draft a QB.

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I expect it to be Duce

I'd prefer Lincoln Riley,  Matt Campbell, Joe Brady or maybe trying to prise Pete Carmichael out of New Orleans.

Just please god not Bieniemy.

It has to be said though, with our roster, cap and contract situations allied to a GM who has now thrown 2 head coaches under a bus, we are not the prettiest girl at the HC Vacancy Prom, hence my first line.

The thing about Duce is he already has the respect of the team. I don't believe he'd be like Doug and have to be the play-caller on offense. We'd be able to hire a true OC that can call plays while Duce does what the HC needs to do during games. I think people would be surprised at the difference. 

From that list I believe you can forget Eberflus, Saleh, Martindale, Lewis, and any other defensive-minded coach that comes to mind.  Pretty sure Lurie will go with an offensive-minded HC again.  

Just no way to McDaniels.  

Also no interest in Bienemy.  I just don't trust any offensive coaches that come from under Reid.  Those that have becomes HCs stink - guessing because Reid is the primary decision maker on offense, so those assistant coaches don't get much experience handling those duties independently.  Those that came from the defensive side from under Reid - McDermott, Harbaugh, Rivera - they have all seemed to fare much better.  

So if you want to go with a strong offensive coach that has had success ... Caldwell.

If you want to keep things somewhat the same ... Staley.  (I think Staley would make a good HC but would need a strong OC but I don't think Lurie wants to keep things somewhat the same, plus hard to envision Staley helping Wentz get back on track).

If you want to go in a completely different direction and completely revamp the offense with new and innovative strategies ... Riley is likely the pick. 

Meyer is an intriguing choice.  He has had a boatload of success in college.  

Daboll has done some really good things with the offense in Buffalo.  He has a ton of OC experience at both the NFL and college levels.  

I voted Daboll assuming that Wentz is the plan at QB.  If Hurts is the plan, the Lincoln Riley makes the most sense.

For the people picking Duce, I’m curious...is it who you WANT, which is the point of this poll? Or is that just what you think the Eagles will wind up doing?

Brian Daboll worries me.  He has been around as an OC for awhile in this league and the past year is the first time he has really put together an explosive offense.  That Bills offense is stacked with talent though.  Daboll won't be getting a stacked talent offense with Roseman running the ship. 

18 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

For the people picking Duce, I’m curious...is it who you WANT, which is the point of this poll? Or is that just what you think the Eagles will wind up doing?

Maybe a bit of both I think that is what they will do but also think he deserves more not sure so much that want him. Idk hard to say right now

23 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I do think Duce would make a good HC ... he seems to command respect of the players in the locker room, which obviously is critical.  Similar to when Doug was hired to be a first time HC, I think he will need a strong supporting staff around him ... in particular on offense.  Lurie's comments yesterday do indicate he wants the offense to be more creative and someone to help get it back to functioning like a top unit again.  I don't know that Duce is that guy ... but the right OC under him could be.  I'd be interested in knowing who he has in mind for that role should he be offered the job (and if he'd plan to give that OC full autonomy over that unit).  

And even though Lurie mentioned Duce would be a candidate, I don't think he'd be at the top of the list - Lurie followed up with another comment about Duce being involved in the search.  

"Hey Duce, we want to interview you, but we also want you to help find us someone that will be a better candidate than you and win the job".

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/11/jeffrey-lurie-i-would-expect-duce-staley-to-be-a-candidate/

Does anyone really think it matters as long as Roseman is allowed to continue to interfere as the GM? 

1 minute ago, Eldereagle1 said:

Does anyone really think it matters as long as Roseman is allowed to continue to interfere as the GM? 

I'm hoping Lurie and Howie started getting involved with Doug's decisions only when they realized he was in over his head and the decisions he was planning to make were terrible.  Hoping they'd give a new HC the benefit of the doubt and let him handle all of those decisions independently to demonstrate he is capable.  

I do wish though that they would have allowed Doug to make his own decisions and basically ride or die with them.  Look at how they stepped in twice (forced him to fire Groh and Walch, hired all of those assistants to help him ... Mornhinweg, Scangarello, etc.), and it still failed miserably.  Hopefully they learned a lesson ... let the new HC sink or swim on his own.  

Just now, time2rock said:

I'm hoping Lurie and Howie started getting involved with Doug's decisions only when they realized he was in over his head and the decisions he was planning to make were terrible.  Hoping they'd give a new HC the benefit of the doubt and let him handle all of those decisions independently to demonstrate he is capable.  

I do wish though that they would have allowed Doug to make his own decisions and basically ride or die with them.  Look at how they stepped in twice (forced him to fire Groh and Walch, hired all of those assistants to help him ... Mornhinweg, Scangarello, etc.), and it still failed miserably.  Hopefully they learned a lesson ... let the new HC sink or swim on his own.  

Completely agree. Very concerned about how the organization will change its approach to: 

• Talent evaluation
  • Player selection
  • Player development 
  • Who plays on game day
  • Fit scheme to players vs fit players to scheme (gameplan and player rotation ...see above)
  • In-game and halftime adjustments

If what happened was the result of meddling between the FO and the HC and there's no intention to address this, then I am concerned a new HC won't make much difference over time. 

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

I do think Duce would make a good HC ... he seems to command respect of the players in the locker room, which obviously is critical.  Similar to when Doug was hired to be a first time HC, I think he will need a strong supporting staff around him ... in particular on offense.  Lurie's comments yesterday do indicate he wants the offense to be more creative and someone to help get it back to functioning like a top unit again.  I don't know that Duce is that guy ... but the right OC under him could be.  I'd be interested in knowing who he has in mind for that role should he be offered the job (and if he'd plan to give that OC full autonomy over that unit).  

And even though Lurie mentioned Duce would be a candidate, I don't think he'd be at the top of the list - Lurie followed up with another comment about Duce being involved in the search.  

"Hey Duce, we want to interview you, but we also want you to help find us someone that will be a better candidate than you and win the job".

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/11/jeffrey-lurie-i-would-expect-duce-staley-to-be-a-candidate/

I agree. He seems to be a leader of men. At the expense of being overly optimistic Duce if head coach makes us a more physical team and then get a young creative OC to work on creative pass plays and get players like Reagor and Watkins in space.  Also the RPOs will work if we have a physical running game as witnessed during our SB run.

Archived