Eagles New HC Poll - search for new HC discussion here

Outlaw

Out of whose left, who do you want?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Current Poll: Out of whose left, who do you want?

• Daboll
    • Brady
    • Staley
    • Eberflus
    • Caldwell
    • McDaniels
    • Bienemy
    • Bowles
    • Lewis
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

If they keep Wentz I think Daboll would be a great hire but I don't see that happening. I think Howie will trade Wentz and bring in somebody like Riley to run a R/O offense for Hurts or a new QB.

1 hour ago, Eldereagle1 said:

Completely agree. Very concerned about how the organization will change its approach to: 

• Talent evaluation
  • Player selection
  • Player development 
  • Who plays on game day
  • Fit scheme to players vs fit players to scheme (gameplan and player rotation ...see above)
  • In-game and halftime adjustments

If what happened was the result of meddling between the FO and the HC and there's no intention to address this, then I am concerned a new HC won't make much difference over time. 

Hoping Dorsey has a bigger voice on talent evaluation / player selection.  Lurie may have given Howie what seemed to be a complete vote of confidence yesterday, but I'm sure he has to know he hasn't been performing his job nearly well enough either.  He fielded so many questions directed point blank at Howie and the poor track record when it comes to talent evaluation, roster construction, etc.  He may have made it seem like he has his back publicly but behind closed doors I wouldn't doubt if Howie is also being given a directive to allow Dorsey (or someone else) more say in the process.

Player development and adjusting scheme to fit players' strengths have both been big issues here - hopefully a new coaching regime will address them both.

Who plays on game day should be handled by no one other than the coaching staff (it is ridiculous that Howie would meddle in that - that seems so Jerry Jones like).  If they can't trust the coaching staff to do so, then time to find those you can trust.  Hopefully that gets resolved with the new hire cycle.  

The more I think about it and seeing how much the players like him, Duce might be the best option to fix the mess that Howie created. 

He would just need an excellent OC. I don't want him calling plays, he was already part of the game-plan design and we all saw how pathetic our offense was. 

3 minutes ago, beto_eagles said:

The more I think about it and seeing how much the players like him, Duce might be the best option to fix the mess that Howie created. 

He would just need an excellent OC. I don't want him calling plays, he was already part of the game-plan design and we all saw how pathetic our offense was. 

That’s my main concern, if Duce gets the job we’re more than likely to see internal guys promoted up for the open Coordinator positions, right?

If it's Duce...ok...but the same dynamic remains...the HC MUST be allowed to choose his staff....it's not fair to give Duce the job and say "Here is your OC, Here is your DC...make it work..."

I'd like to see Caldwell...But it almost seems like a given that he will go to Houston

13 hours ago, NOTW said:

Brody

Offense, defense he cares about them both.

I'm really concerned that Brody does not value special teams.

8 minutes ago, FitzIsAtTheAirport said:

That’s my main concern, if Duce gets the job we’re more than likely to see internal guys promoted up for the open Coordinator positions, right?

Well, I guess he wouldn't get hired if that's his plan. But if he proposes bringing someone like Caldwell or Kafka, maybe that convinces Lurie. 

22 minutes ago, beto_eagles said:

A coach can't fix the mess the GM created...a new GM can do that.  

Any new coach will still be dealing with the lack of talent given to him.  

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

A coach can't fix the mess the GM created...a new GM can do that.  

Any new coach will still be dealing with the lack of talent given to him.  

I agree with you. But it seems like we're stuck with him for a while, so 🤷‍♂️

Inquirer reporting how Lincoln Riley has influenced Howie Roseman in the draft for at least the last few years.  Agreed with a decision not to take RT Brown and instead drafted Goedert, influenced to draft Jalen Reagor and this info on Jalen Hurts:

In an interview with the Inquirer in late May, Riley said the Eagles, "were very detailed in the discussions and the homework that they did’' on Hurts. "They’ve got a plan for him,’' he said. "I think it’s a great situation for him.

"With Carson being there, he’s going to get an opportunity to learn from one of the best quarterbacks in the league. Jalen is a team player and a sponge. He’ll soak up everything he can.‘'

On Goedert:

Roseman and the Eagles have cultivated a good relationship with Riley, who is one of the nation’s top college coaches.

Two years ago, the Eagles were considering drafting Oklahoma offensive tackle Orlando Brown in the second round, but viewed him as more of a right tackle than a left tackle, and they weren’t really interested in moving Lane Johnson back to the left side at this stage of his career.

Riley agreed with their assessment of Brown and the Eagles ended up drafting tight end Dallas Goedert, who has quickly emerged as one of the league’s top all-around tight ends. The Baltimore Ravens took Brown in the third round. He’s been their starting right tackle for the last two seasons.

On Reagor:

Riley even had some influence in the Eagles’ decision to take TCU wide receiver Jalen Reagor in the first round. Riley had recruited Reagor when he was a high school star at Waxahachie (Texas) High School. His team also played against him for three years in the Big 12. He spoke glowingly of him to Eagles scouts when they talked to him about Hurts. He indicated that Reagor would’ve been a 100-catch-a-year receiver. in Oklahoma’s offense.

Lurie:  we want to think inside the box and outside the box.

Also Lurie:  scheduling interviews with the same guys other teams are interviewing.

I said if they are insistent on keeping Wentz then Daboll is the guy.  If they decided to trade Wentz, then I want Riley in here to coach Hurts. 

Also Lincoln Riley was reported last night.

2 DC, 1 OC and 1 college HC so far

Honestly we should've kept Doug.  This job is so undesirable that no one of substance is going to want to jump in bed with the Eagles at this point.  This organization has become the Cowboys or Football Team. 

1 minute ago, b_west3 said:

Honestly we should've kept Doug.  This job is so undesirable that no one of substance is going to want to jump in bed with the Eagles at this point.  This organization has become the Cowboys or Football Team. 

Doug didn't want to stay, got tired of being told who he's allowed to hire on his staff, which players should be dressing on game day per Howie wanting to see his investments get playing time, tired of seeing the meddling owner.  Even as a "Yes Man" he had enough.

Potential HC candidates will be aware of this.

Well...I kinda hope we get a defensive guru as ahead coach and we will spend the year or two in building solid D and as an O coordinator some bright young mind to work with what will left of our Offense next 2 years with Wentz contract...maybe spent a pick here and there on O line but majority I would use on Defense...unless there is a game changer on the board of course which we will miss obviously :D

Nobody on that list does anything for me. Brady I guess out of all of them. 

Archived