Eagles New HC Poll - search for new HC discussion here

Outlaw

Out of whose left, who do you want?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Current Poll: Out of whose left, who do you want?

• Daboll
    • Brady
    • Staley
    • Eberflus
    • Caldwell
    • McDaniels
    • Bienemy
    • Bowles
    • Lewis
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

i wondering how many of these are just smoke screens for them to show interest in someone just so other teams feel more pressure to sign them. 

15 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Doug didn't want to stay, got tired of being told who he's allowed to hire on his staff, which players should be dressing on game day per Howie wanting to see his investments get playing time, tired of seeing the meddling owner.  Even as a "Yes Man" he had enough.

Potential HC candidates will be aware of this.

That's kind of my point though.  What coach is going to want to assume that same kind of bs?

13 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

Honestly we should've kept Doug.  This job is so undesirable that no one of substance is going to want to jump in bed with the Eagles at this point.  This organization has become the Cowboys or Football Team. 

why would you keep Doug? his offense was so unimaginative. Wentz has regressed the past 3 yrs. we have seen this team on a downward trend the last 3 years. Doug's only plan was to promote press taylor as OC and Matt Burk as DC (or cory undlin). I think thats a problem. if your offense is this unimaginative, you can't fix it with the same players/coaches around. Things gotta change. i agree with the decision to let Doug go. I'm not 100% on board with keeping Howie but i would like to see what this next coach does before i make up my opinion on howie. I think our lack of talent might be masked by our lack of coaching and/or game planning. 

you know...now i'm leaning Lincoln Riley. If you look at the mess with Howie, it looks like Howie has a lot of respect from Lincoln based on what has been reported. Perhaps Howie will let Lincoln do his job for once if he actually comes in. 

Duce on the other hand would get the same treatment as Doug. 

34 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Nobody on that list does anything for me. Brady I guess out of all of them. 

So, there's an "other."  Who would you really like to see?

2 minutes ago, Wieber81 said:

I would like him as our DC though.

definitely wouldn't mind that. i think combination wise: Robert Saleh with Mike LaFleur and Gus Bradley would be a good combination 🙂

So the Eagles have reached out to Lincoln Riley, asked for permission to interview Robert Saleh, Todd Bowles, and Arthur Smith, and will give Duce Staley an interview. Did I miss anyone.

Selah, Smith and Staley are all interesting options. Certainly seems like we’re checking all the right options. Not sure about Bowles however.

27 minutes ago, jblah said:

why would you keep Doug? his offense was so unimaginative. Wentz has regressed the past 3 yrs. we have seen this team on a downward trend the last 3 years. Doug's only plan was to promote press taylor as OC and Matt Burk as DC (or cory undlin). I think thats a problem. if your offense is this unimaginative, you can't fix it with the same players/coaches around. Things gotta change. i agree with the decision to let Doug go. I'm not 100% on board with keeping Howie but i would like to see what this next coach does before i make up my opinion on howie. I think our lack of talent might be masked by our lack of coaching and/or game planning. 

Of course, I agree with much of this, except the part about Howie. I do think Doug may have wanted out, but he wouldn't get his salary through the end of the contract if he quits.  He had to know that if his plan was to move Press Taylor and Burke up the ladder he would get canned.  Now he gets his salary until he is hired by another team, and I'd be surprised, honestly, if he is hired this season as a head coach.  I'd say there is no chance he is hired as an OC - my guess is back to KC or on to Indy as an offensive consultant or something like that.

Just now, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Selah, Smith and Staley are all interesting options. Certainly seems like we’re checking all the right options. Not sure about Bowles however.

don't like Bowles. he has had opportunities and hasn't done that well with them. 

If they got with a defensive minded coach, i wouldn't mind seeing Duce be given full range on offense. 

However, i think the biggest thing here is how do they get along with Howie and Jeffery. Unless you get someone that Howie respects you are going to have problems and so far it seems like the only one he respects is Lincoln. 

8 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I would like to see a coaching staff comprised solely of regular posters in the blog - guaranteed dynasty.

I want to be the Emotional Intelligence Coordinator. 

1 minute ago, Freshmilk said:

I want to be the Emotional Intelligence Coordinator. 

Nah - that position is reserved for @4for4EaglesNest - he's super friendly and understanding of others thoughts and opinions

:roll: 

31 minutes ago, Wieber81 said:

I would like him as our DC though.

26 minutes ago, jblah said:

definitely wouldn't mind that. i think combination wise: Robert Saleh with Mike LaFleur and Gus Bradley would be a good combination 🙂

Gus was just hired as the Raiders DC

In all seriousness - I have no clue who I would like to see as coach.  I'd say Riley, but that means Hurts over Wentz, which I don't think is the right move.  So I'll say Daboll.

25 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Gus was just hired as the Raiders DC

I liked him as a potential new DC here but not HC.  With yesterday's news of Doug's dismissal I figured it was no longer an option for us - need to get HC figured out first.  

I really don't like the idea of Riley only because of not having NFL experience, it just seems to be another possible Chip Kelly situation,  but that's just me.

Lincoln Riley might be the worst game day coach in postseason college football history. He loves field goals and punting. His decisions probably cost Baker Mayfield a championship.

6 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

Lincoln Riley might be the worst game day coach in postseason college football history. He loves field goals and punting. His decisions probably cost Baker Mayfield a championship.

Nah that was my Georgia Bulldawgs that did that 😊😊

12 minutes ago, BGDutchNorris said:

Nah that was my Georgia Bulldawgs that did that 😊😊

They really, really didn’t.

I can’t decide if giving away the game in regulation or playing for a college kicker FG in OT is a more egregious display of coaching malpractice.

Archived