Eagles New HC Poll - search for new HC discussion here

Outlaw

Out of whose left, who do you want?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Current Poll: Out of whose left, who do you want?

• Daboll
    • Brady
    • Staley
    • Eberflus
    • Caldwell
    • McDaniels
    • Bienemy
    • Bowles
    • Lewis
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

The idea of Duce as the head coach is growing on me. With the amount of players and former players publicly vouching for him (Jenkins, McCloud, Chris Long, etc.), he clearly has the respect of the locker room. Him as a CEO type at head coach with an innovative OC (maybe Graham Harrell or Kafka) calling plays & an experienced DC seems like a solid structure. 

I don't see any way they can attract the top guys like Daboll, Arthur Smith or Lincoln Riley. So the structure above may be our best bet moving forward. 

2 minutes ago, Usain23 said:

The idea of Duce as the head coach is growing on me. With the amount of players and former players publicly vouching for him (Jenkins, McCloud, Chris Long, etc.), he clearly has the respect of the locker room. Him as a CEO type at head coach with an innovative OC (maybe Graham Harrell or Kafka) calling plays & an experienced DC seems like a solid structure. 

I don't see any way they can attract the top guys like Daboll, Arthur Smith or Lincoln Riley. So the structure above may be our best bet moving forward. 

I see your concept and it looks alot like when Doug was hired. To me, the idea of Duce seems like settling versus fixing the issue.  

The Eagles are looking at 3 coaches NONE of us mentioned, at least from what I have seen of our posts so far. They are looking at Robert Saleh, Todd Bowles and Arthur Smith. Excited?

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I see your concept and it looks alot like when Doug was hired. To me, the idea of Duce seems like settling versus fixing the issue.  

I just dont think Lurie and Roseman ever truly were comfortable with the Doug hire. They lost out on Gase (lol), Mcadoo (lol) & Coughlin before settling on Doug. Seems like he was a last resort that they hired with all other options gone. Then he went on to win a Super Bowl and put Lurie and Roseman in a weird position of still not trusting his ability but obviously having no recourse of getting rid of him due to optics. This season allowed them to finally let him go.

I dont think they will pick another guy they have such little trust in. And if its Duce, I think itll be him because they truly believe in his ability as a leader of men. 

At this point though, I dont really trust Lurie and Roseman to get anything right. 

13 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I don't know why, but I get a feeling that Duce gets the call.  Not my choice.

agreed. eagles won't get any of the top candidates, imo. salary cap hell & a disgruntled qb aren't exactly making philly look like a prime landing spot for a hc.  they'll have to settle. 

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

And he would bring 49ers passing-game coordinator Mike LaFleur as offensive coordinator if he lands a head-coaching job. Pretty good stuff right there, actually.

Do we need to ask permission to interview a coordinator? I guess it's just the right thing to do and the way things are done? Is it just that the Niners are not allowed to deny permission?

My only hope is they find a good coach who tells them "I will not play that shi* you pulled with Doug. I choose my staff, I have autonomy... or forget it." Then the miracle happens.... Lure and Howie say yes, because they know this is how the NFL works.

23 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I get the impression that Jeffrey Lurie would prefer more than one qualifying interview. 

I believe the minimal requirement is now 2 minority candidates to satisfy the rule.  

Just now, time2rock said:

I believe the minimal requirement is now 2 minority candidates to satisfy the rule.  

One from outside the organisation I believe?

25 minutes ago, Usain23 said:

The problem with this is Duce will just be a yes man for Lurie and Howie who will be making the hires and I don't trust either of them to hire the innovative OC or a quality DC!

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

One from outside the organisation I believe?

Correct ... either one not currently employed by team or one included on the Career Development Advisory Panel list. 

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/NFL-EXPANDS-ROONEY-RULE-REQUIREMENTS-TO-STRENGTHEN-DIVERSITY.aspx

Just now, EaglesfanfromND said:

The problem with this is Duce will just be a yes man for Lurie and Howie who will be making the hires and I don't trust either of them to hire the innovative OC or a quality DC!

I would love to hear the list of candidates Duce had in mind to fill various positions under him should he get the job.  

29 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I get the impression that Jeffrey Lurie would prefer more than one qualifying interview. 

Oh so he wants to really make people think he’s progressive. Double down on the bs. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Oh so he wants to really make people think he’s progressive. Double down on the bs. 

He should bring in RuPaul for a look under the hood.  That would kill like 3 or 4 PC birds with one stone.

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I would love to hear the list of candidates Duce had in mind to fill various positions under him should he get the job.  

Strength and Conditioning position unnecessary under Duce.  Pickle Juice is all that will be needed.

2 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

He should bring in RuPaul for a look under the hood.  That would kill like 3 or 4 PC birds with one stone.

Bring in Callie Brownson and show the world how progressive you really are...

20 hours ago, Next_Up said:

Duce with Lovie Smith as DC and Josh McCown as OC

McCown will make a good QB coach, assuming Press Taylor is out of that post.  But McCown as OC, maybe not.

Duce is a good guy, but we have not seen him much in public.  He seems lacking the leadership quality to be the HC.

42 minutes ago, Usain23 said:

I just dont think Lurie and Roseman ever truly were comfortable with the Doug hire. They lost out on Gase (lol), Mcadoo (lol) & Coughlin before settling on Doug. Seems like he was a last resort that they hired with all other options gone. Then he went on to win a Super Bowl and put Lurie and Roseman in a weird position of still not trusting his ability but obviously having no recourse of getting rid of him due to optics. This season allowed them to finally let him go.

I dont think they will pick another guy they have such little trust in. And if its Duce, I think itll be him because they truly believe in his ability as a leader of men. 

Great points.

I’d assume that Duce possesses exceptional leadership qualities given how highly he is spoken of and respected by many of the players.

I’m warming up to the idea of Duce as maybe OC but not sure on the HC part, I would feel better about it if he had some OC experience.

6 minutes ago, Mr_Philly said:

I’m warming up to the idea of Duce as maybe OC but not sure on the HC part, I would feel better about it if he had some OC experience.

I'm of the opposite mindset - if he were to be retained I'd rather he be named HC.  He seems like a good leader of men but the lack of OC experience, as you stated, is why I would prefer someone else to run that unit.  He would need a strong hire at OC to make it work.  

I want a good leader as HC.  I want an innovative and creative QB friendly offense that is capable of reinventing itself as personell changes.  Defense also needs that same flexibility and innovation.  Multiple ways to get there I think but I really hope that is the philosophy.

No more "system" coaches. They must be able to evolve, create hybrids and fundamentally change based on strengths of personell.

49 minutes ago, PhillyEagles852 said:

I’d assume that Duce possesses exceptional leadership qualities given how highly he is spoken of and respected by many of the players.

They liked Doug too.

What does Duce bring to the table in play calling, designing plays, handling scheme, running an offense?  I'm not saying he can't, but all we ever hear about him is the players like him and he commands respect.

He was the Asst HC for the last couple years.  He was part of the offensive mess we saw.  Lurie fired Doug for wanting to hire from within...so Lurie will hire from within?  

What makes Duce a good candidate for either OC or HC?

Archived