2nd Eagles HC Poll and Discussion Thread

Outlaw

Eagles New HC  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want out of who is left?

• Joe Brady
    • Duce Staley
    • Eric Bienemy
    • Matt Eberflus
    • Brandon Staley
    • Brian Daboll
    • Ryan Day
    • Jerod Mayo
    • Josh McDaniels
    • Mike Kafka
    • Todd Bowles
    • Kellen Moore
    • Other (please post name)

This poll is closed to new votes

58 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-head-coaching-search-doug-pederson-jeffrey-lurie-howie-roseman-joe-banner-20210116.html

Now even Joe Banner doesn’t seem to think the Eagles coaching situation isn’t that great anymore. He references the cap, the older roster, the highly questionable quarterback situation, and front office meddling. Like some of us have been saying no decent coach wants this situation. They are keeping the pieces together that put the Eagles in the hole to begin with. 

I fully expect to have to weather a ****storm for the next 2-3 years.

At this point just hire Duce. I don't think he's the best candidate, but he's a good soldier, knows the players, is more likely to run the football, (unless Carson keeps killing the play😒) and understands this dysfunctional system the Eagles are using. 

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

Oh it's going to be ugly unless they get lucky again like they did with Doug. But if they don't get lucky then it's not going to be good. They are going to end up with a less than ideal HC and potentially DC and probably OC too. They have roster issues on both sides of the ball and oh their QB situation is a mess. 

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

And watch Howie survive 5 coaching changes....

Here, I'm sure this will help us get a top tier candidate.  Our QB is broken but he's "fixable". 

Who wouldn't want to be handcuffed to this guy?  I'm seeing Duce as the last candidate standing after everyone and their mother turns us down.

1 minute ago, Arsenal79 said:

Here, I'm sure this will help us get a top tier candidate.  Our QB is broken but he's "fixable". 

Who wouldn't want to be handcuffed to this guy?  I'm seeing Duce as the last candidate standing after everyone and their mother turns us down.

Its going to be Duce. It was going to be Duce from the second they fired Doug. 

4 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I would like Daboll.

Duce is my 2nd choice. 

I would also like Daboll. And anyone but Duce is my second choice. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If it ends up being Duce it all but confirms this coaching carousel of interviews was nothing more than a farce and that no real coach wants to deal with this Eagles mess. 

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If it ends up being Duce it all but confirms this coaching carousel of interviews was nothing more than a farce and that no real coach wants to deal with this Eagles mess. 

I agree. I don't think they can, or could, get the guys they wanted on top of their list because this isn't a great situation right now. Maybe Lurie will realise its Howie. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well to be fair, it’s not clear that they’ve actually offered the job to anyone yet. But your point stands that Duce is likely the Pederson of this round (not that it’s a bad thing).

14 minutes ago, Thrive said:

Well to be fair, it’s not clear that they’ve actually offered the job to anyone yet. But your point stands that Duce is likely the Pederson of this round (not that it’s a bad thing).

We won't know if it's bad or good. I will state (just like I stated after Pederson's success) if the new guy is winning he will want more power. We will see if Howie and Lurie will comply. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Disagree.  Sounds like Lurie is looking for a coach with the idea of "fixing Wentz" in mind.  Duce just isn't that guy.  My money is on Kafka, but it will definitely be someone who Lurie feels will help get Wentz back to MVP form.  

9 minutes ago, Macho Grande said:

Disagree.  Sounds like Lurie is looking for a coach with the idea of "fixing Wentz" in mind.  Duce just isn't that guy.  My money is on Kafka, but it will definitely be someone who Lurie feels will help get Wentz back to MVP form.  

Why couldn’t Duece be the guy to fix Wentz? Is it cause he was a back? In essence Duce could still be the coach and hire Kafka as his OC. I’m going to be honest here. There is no one capable of "fixing Wentz” as long as he’s in Philly. We all know he has the Owner and the GMs ear. 

While McDaniels wouldn’t be my first choice, I have zero doubt he’s learned a lot since that failed stint in Denver. You learn more from failure than you do success. 

So McDaniels, Mayo DC, ? OC

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

While McDaniels wouldn’t be my first choice, I have zero doubt he’s learned a lot since that failed stint in Denver. You learn more from failure than you do success. 

So McDaniels, Mayo DC, ? OC

I want Joe lombardi as OC. Saints QB coach.

I say hell yes, just for the McNabb/TO drama

15884EC1-2508-4F2B-819F-67512AF291B4.png

HC- Duce

OC- Westbrook

WRs- TO

QB- #5

OL- Tra

DC- Seth

DBs- Bobby Taylor

DL- Hugh Douglas

ST- Ike

3 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

I want Joe lombardi as OC. Saints QB coach.

Not a bad choice. 

Just now, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

McDaniels would be a slam dunk. 

He’s definitely the most experienced option left. He never had a QB in Denver, and yeah I hate that we lost Reich because of him...but if he can fix this mess and right the ship, I’ll forgive him pretty quick. I’d also think he has the best connections to help make a staff. 

Just thought about it...so far the head coach hirings have followed the draft order. Jags then Jets then Falcons. Sooo...we’re next? :unsure:

For all his past faults, something about hiring McDaniels intrigues the hell out of me. 

I also feel like we will find out incredibly quickly whether it was a great hire or a terrible one. I doubt there’s much gray area with a hire like McDaniels being put into a wild situation like ours. 

Archived