2nd Eagles HC Poll and Discussion Thread

Outlaw

Eagles New HC  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want out of who is left?

• Joe Brady
    • Duce Staley
    • Eric Bienemy
    • Matt Eberflus
    • Brandon Staley
    • Brian Daboll
    • Ryan Day
    • Jerod Mayo
    • Josh McDaniels
    • Mike Kafka
    • Todd Bowles
    • Kellen Moore
    • Other (please post name)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, toolg said:

The Eagles have essentially committed themselves to Howie. So any coach with aspirations to have a big say in personnel, or be in charge of his own FO, isn't going to want the job. I don't think an experienced coach looking to move up will want it. So I think they're looking for a young guy that doesn't have a huge entourage following him through the door. Somebody just looking for experience. Who will fit in the organization, is content simply coaching the team, leaving personnel decisions to others.

At this point, I'm like just hire Duce. The players like him. He knows the organization. He's been faithfully serving on the sidelines how long? Since before DP. If they're not going to promote him now, then when? The downside is the team isn't expected to compete until they turnover the roster. He may only be the stopgap until the next hotshot coach comes along. Then Duce gets a few lousy years on his resume, ruining his chances for any further coaching jobs. And who do they find to fill the other coaching vacancies?

my only problem with Duce is. he doesn't have any outside the bubble perspective. This has been my issue with him since the start. All of this "by committee" crap needs to go. Problem is, he doesn't know any better. 

Because that Belichick coaching tree has shown so much success. Ug not McDaniels. He was horrible in Denver, screwed us with Indy and is a product of the evil empire. No thanks. I'd rather snag one of those up and coming hot shots who have not already failed miserably. 

17 minutes ago, BIGGSHAUN said:

From SB to bottom of the barrel in just 3 years.  Unbelievable.

Not sure how hiring a highly successful OC equates to bottom of the barrel. If you’re referring to Howie and personnel, then well yeah...

1 minute ago, BIGGSHAUN said:

From SB to bottom of the barrel in just 3 years.  Unbelievable.

in all fairness, being a member of the Eagles Message Board since 1999, I cant count the literally thousands of people that have said "I'll take 100 years of sucking for just one Super Bowl in my lifetime." Very short-sighted thinking, I agree, however, they did exist. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Because that Belichick coaching tree has shown so much success. Ug not McDaniels. He was horrible in Denver, screwed us with Indy and is a product of the evil empire. No thanks. 

Flores is doing well. And McDaniels has been more successful then any of them. I mean the Colts wanted him over Vrabel, that says something. The fact that he reneged doesn’t affect the fact that he was their top choice. Denver was so long ago I don’t even factor it in. Especially considering he had smoking Jay Cutler and Kyle Orton. 

Just now, Outlaw said:

Not sure how hiring a highly successful OC equates to bottom of the barrel. If you’re referring to Howie and personnel, then we’ll yeah...

I'm referencing the guy who choked in his first HC gig, reneged on his 2nd , and absolutely stunk when he didn't have the greatest QB of all time playing for him.

Oh yeah, and Howie too...

3 minutes ago, JohnB said:

in all fairness, being a member of the Eagles Message Board since 1999, I cant count the literally thousands of people that have said "I'll take 100 years of sucking for just one Super Bowl in my lifetime." Very short-sighted thinking, I agree, however, they did exist. 

Oh.  I sold my soul to the devil for 2017.  I guess this is just him coming to collect payment

1 minute ago, BIGGSHAUN said:

I'm referencing the guy who choked in his first HC gig, reneged on his 2nd , and absolutely stunk when he didn't have the greatest QB of all time playing for him.

Oh yeah, and Howie too...

Who cares that he reneged? He was the Colts top choice two years ago. And he went from Brady to Cam...I’d rather have Sudfeld than Cam. Also he did pretty well the year they ran Matt Cassell out there. 

1 minute ago, DevilMayRage said:

Did a bang up job fixing Cam Newton....good approach Jeff/Howie.

Gold Standard!

Cam’s arm is shot. 

2 minutes ago, BIGGSHAUN said:

Oh.  I sold my soul to the devil for 2017.  I guess this is just him coming to collect payment

McDaniels is our Penance for making a deal with the devil I guess. 

Don't worry, even if he takes the job he will back out because daddy Bill says so. 

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Don't worry, even if he takes the job he will back out because daddy Bill says so. 

I doubt it

Just now, EaglesFan1234 said:

I doubt it

Happened once already so maybe we get lucky. 

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

Happened once already so maybe we get lucky. 

I do not think it would happen twice, I mean, you do not see any coaches backing out twice....

The more I think about it the more I like Mcdaniel’s as the coach.  He fits the young fresh mind and fresh ideas that jeff wants. He’s had tremendous success with Brady and jeff & Howie think Carson is Brady.  He is respected in nfl coaching circles and can assemble a strong staff.  He’s as good of a game planner and game Day play caller as anyone out there.  His only blemish is the crap he pulled with the colts.  I can look past that.  He had his reasons.  

I feel bad for duce but I don’t think he’s going to get the job and I personally don’t want him as the HC, maybe the OC, but I think he’s too close to players and making that leap from friend to boss isn’t easy especially in the nfl.

11 minutes ago, DevilMayRage said:

Did a bang up job fixing Cam Newton....good approach Jeff/Howie.

Gold Standard!

Cam was never a good qb.  There as nothing to fix.  

5 minutes ago, nipples said:

Pretty sure that’s kind of par for the course for Eagles coaching interviews. 

Not unusual....no. But why is it news? Could be just a reporter wanting to report something to stay relevant but there could be more to it that makes it more newsworthy than it seems. Just trying to read into some of the tea leaves. Probably reading too much into it but all too often I dismiss stuff like this and then with 20/20 hindsight realize there was more to it than it seemed at the time. Who knows? We shall see......

2 minutes ago, DBW said:

The more I think about it the more I like Mcdaniel’s as the coach.  He fits the young fresh mind and fresh ideas that jeff wants. He’s had tremendous success with Brady and jeff & Howie think Carson is Brady.  He is respected in nfl coaching circles and can assemble a strong staff.  He’s as good of a game planner and game Day play caller as anyone out there.  His only blemish is the crap he pulled with the colts.  I can look past that.  He had his reasons.  

I feel bad for duce but I don’t think he’s going to get the job and I personally don’t want him as the HC, maybe the OC, but I think he’s too close to players and making that leap from friend to boss isn’t easy especially in the nfl.

If/when they hire McDaniels, he'll be calling plays for sure.  I'm REALLY hoping he brings Mayo with him as DC.  I want a hard nosed defense.

5 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Please, not Todd Bowles... for the love of God, no.

Bowles is awful but I rather have him over McDaniels

Just now, EaglesFan1234 said:

Bowles is awful but I rather have him over McDaniels

LOL, you need to let the butthurt over him getting Frank stolen from us go.

5 minutes ago, DBW said:

His only blemish is the crap he pulled with the colts.

Uh how about the disaster in Denver? Isn't he the guy who begged for Tebow in round one? 

16 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Because that Belichick coaching tree has shown so much success. Ug not McDaniels. He was horrible in Denver, screwed us with Indy and is a product of the evil empire. No thanks. I'd rather snag one of those up and coming hot shots who have not already failed miserably. 

His job in Denver was 10 or 11 years ago and he had kyle Orton and jay cutler.  They were coming off 14 years of Kyle Shanahan and had to rebuild.  He was a "rebound coach.”  They started building a solid defense and then they got manning and went on to win a SB.  

Whatever....the Eagles at the top are incompetent asses.

McDaniels and this leadership here saw merits in f'ing Tebow.

They all deserve each other.

Pathetic.

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

LOL, you need to let the butthurt over him getting Frank stolen from us go.

He thought Tebow was a first round QB.......    

Archived