2nd Eagles HC Poll and Discussion Thread

Outlaw

Eagles New HC  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want out of who is left?

• Joe Brady
    • Duce Staley
    • Eric Bienemy
    • Matt Eberflus
    • Brandon Staley
    • Brian Daboll
    • Ryan Day
    • Jerod Mayo
    • Josh McDaniels
    • Mike Kafka
    • Todd Bowles
    • Kellen Moore
    • Other (please post name)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Usain23 said:

For all his past faults, something about hiring McDaniels intrigues the hell out of me. 

I also feel like we will find out incredibly quickly whether it was a great hire or a terrible one. I doubt there’s much gray area with a hire like McDaniels being put into a wild situation like ours. 

He wouldn't be the first coach ever to be much better during his second go round in the league.

5 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Please please not McDaniels. Anyone but him. He's horrible. 

That whole Cutler/Orton stuff in Denver was a mess. I get the initial reaction, as I had the same one. But he has a better pedigree than anyone left, even Daboll (who is my top choice).  I feel he also might have the best ability to put together a solid staff with his network. I mean he’s a 6x SB champion. 

Right now I'm at:

1. Josh McDaniels

2. Duce Staley

3. Joe Brady

4. Eric Bienemy

5. All a wash at this point. 

3 minutes ago, Aspiritfall said:

I'm at anyone but McDaniels 

Explain. Cause I’ll take McDaniels over quite a few of the names on this list. Not my first choice, but definitely not my last. 

Could absolutely get behind McDaniels if he would bring Jerod Mayo with him as DC.  Hire Adam Gase as OC/QB Whisperer and start getting ready for the draft.

HC - Josh McDaniels

DC - Jerod Mayo

OC - Adam Gase

Daboll HC

Greg Williams DC   Rob Ryan LB coach

Duce or Kafka OC

On the DC and LB coach, I remember Malcolm Jenkins loving Williams and Ryan for their aggressiveness.  

Wow.  With all the smoke about Daboll going to the Chargers, I thought it was pretty much a done deal.  Maybe they soured on him after watching his offense struggle last night.  

57 minutes ago, Aspiritfall said:

I'm at anyone but McDaniels 

This. He was a disaster as a HC. I don't care about his "pedigree". And the Belechik tree isn't really a successful one anyway. 

54 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Explain. Cause I’ll take McDaniels over quite a few of the names on this list. Not my first choice, but definitely not my last. 

He was terrible in Denver and backed out of the Colts job screwing us with Reich... I don't even think he's a decent oc... I've also never been a fan of past head coaches getting a second stint they are very rarely successful... I would much rather an unknown than someone we've seen already... If you disagree or don't like my answer that's fine... No thanks to McDaniels 

If Lurie goes with McDaniels over Daboll or Bienemy, it would be his version of drafting JJAW over Metcalf.  I kind of expect it to happen, too. 

1 minute ago, Aspiritfall said:

He was terrible in Denver and backed out of the Colts job screwing us with Reich... I don't even think he's a decent oc... I've also never been a fan of past head coaches getting a second stint they are very rarely successful... I would much rather an unknown than someone we've seen already... If you disagree or don't like my answer that's fine... No thanks to McDaniels 

And he would probably bring in Matt Patricia.  Terrible.  

So basically it's between us and the Texans to pick up the scraps.One team with a great qb who hates the organization and the other a pretty average qb who the organization loves..

Nobody wants to coach Wentz, you are getting Kafka or some other scrub who we will have to fire in 2-3 years.

I know this may sound nuts. It took me a little while to get past the history. But I think Tony Romo would be a good OC. The way he breaks down the defense and what the offense is about to do or should do on the fly is pretty impressive. Like him or hate him, dude is easily right 85% of the time. 

1 minute ago, Thrive said:

Should be a fun next few days.

I really want Daboll but I can understand him wanting no parts of this and waiting until next offseason  

Just now, Portyansky said:

I know this may sound nuts. It took me a little while to get past the history. But I think Tony Romo would be a good OC. The way he breaks down the defense and what the offense is about to do or should do on the fly is pretty impressive. Like him or hate him, dude is easily right 85% of the time. 

Why would he give up the cushy booth job where he’s become the #1 guy for the schedule being an OC requires? I don’t really disagree with you but I can’t see it. 

16 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Nobody wants to coach Wentz, you are getting Kafka or some other scrub who we will have to fire in 2-3 years.

Which is why I think they need to trade him. Question is, will the new HC want Hurts, or "his" QB?

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Why would he give up the cushy booth job where he’s become the #1 guy for the schedule being an OC requires? I don’t really disagree with you but I can’t see it. 

I actually had planned to put that in as I doubt he would leave the booth. But slipped my mind. Wonder if he ever thought of it. Like, couldn't win a SB as a player, but maybe as a coach. Those that can't do, teach... Those that can't teach, teach the Jets.... 🤣

McDaniel is appealing to me.  He got tom Brady to run the check downs and win multiple SBs that way. Maybe wentz would listen to him. 

6 hours ago, Macho Grande said:

Disagree.  Sounds like Lurie is looking for a coach with the idea of "fixing Wentz" in mind.  Duce just isn't that guy.  My money is on Kafka, but it will definitely be someone who Lurie feels will help get Wentz back to MVP form.  

If its a HC to fix Wentz then... Its still a mistake so either way we shouldn't feel great about this situation.

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-head-coaching-search-doug-pederson-jeffrey-lurie-howie-roseman-joe-banner-20210116.html

Now even Joe Banner doesn’t seem to think the Eagles coaching situation isn’t that great anymore. He references the cap, the older roster, the highly questionable quarterback situation, and front office meddling. Like some of us have been saying no decent coach wants this situation. They are keeping the pieces together that put the Eagles in the hole to begin with. 

It is what it is. Jeff is not selling, Howie is not being fired, and the older overpriced roster is what we got. I guess the only bright thing we can look forward to is another high draft pick next year and probably the year after.

Archived