2nd Eagles HC Poll and Discussion Thread

Outlaw

Eagles New HC  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want out of who is left?

• Joe Brady
    • Duce Staley
    • Eric Bienemy
    • Matt Eberflus
    • Brandon Staley
    • Brian Daboll
    • Ryan Day
    • Jerod Mayo
    • Josh McDaniels
    • Mike Kafka
    • Todd Bowles
    • Kellen Moore
    • Other (please post name)

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Uh how about the disaster in Denver? Isn't he the guy who begged for Tebow in round one? 

Not the first guy to make a mistake on a QB.  Look, outside of Daboll what other possibly realistic option would you want over McDaniels?

1 minute ago, DBW said:

His job in Denver was 10 or 11 years ago and he had kyle Orton and jay cutler

And he thought Tim Tebow was the answer to his problems. 

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Not the first guy to make a mistake on a QB.  Look, outside of Daboll what other possibly realistic option would you want over McDaniels?

I'll take Joe Brady or Duce. Thwy might fail but they might kill it. At least it's exciting. You know what you get with Bills boy. Maybe he can talk Tebow out of minor league baseball to make a comeback. 

He thought Tebow was a first round QB.......    

We thought Marcus Smith was a first rounder, along with Danny Watkins.  Hopefully, he learned from his mistakes, I'm not so sure we have.

Tebow was an amazing college QB.  It didn't translate to the NFL.  Not the first, and won't be the last.

I'll take Joe Brady or Duce. Thwy might fail but they might kill it. At least it's exciting. You know what you get with Bills boy. 

I like Brady...just concerned with his lack of experience.  I think Carson will walk all over him.  I wouldn't be upset if he was the choice.  And Duce?  People need to get off the Duce thing...he's the definition of yes man.  And NOBODY has ever even interviewed him for OC outside of us.

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

LOL, you need to let the butthurt over him getting Frank stolen from us go.

I knew Reich was going to get a head coaching job sooner or later so I was over it already after he left dumb** 🙄

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Can, but don’t always. I’d rather see a first time head coach with potential, or a proven successful head coach. Just have no interest in rolling the dice on a guy who sucked once as a HC and hoping he’s improved. 

Bill Belichik was 36-44 in his first head coaching stint.  Had 1 winning record in 5 seasons.  25-39 the other 4 seasons.  

5 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

He needed to get a qb and yeah he got that wrong. He tried to trade and get matt Casell and that didn’t work out. Cutler never trusted him after that.  It was messy from the start, I’ll give you that.  But in regards to Tebow, I’ll point to the Mcnabb draft class and how many teams got that entire class wrong?  Were the eagles just smarter than everyone else? Or just lucky?  Eagles may have been very wrong on Carson too, does that mean doug was a failed coach?

10 minutes ago, DBW said:

Why?

Because Bowles is not an a-hole like McDaniels and McDaniels destroyed the Broncos while Bowles would not

15 minutes ago, DBW said:

His job in Denver was 10 or 11 years ago and he had kyle Orton and jay cutler.

He had Kyle Orton, Chris Simms and Tebow.  Cutler was traded before McDaniels coached a game.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Bill Belichik was 36-44 in his first head coaching stint.  Had 1 winning record in 5 seasons.  25-39 the other 4 seasons.  

Pete Carroll is another guy who failed in his first stint as an nfl coach.  Now he’s like 122-60something with the Seahawks 

9 minutes ago, EaglesFan1234 said:

I knew Reich was going to get a head coaching job sooner or later so I was over it already after he left dumb** 🙄

Lol, look at the noob trash talking.  All good man.  Like you said, if they hire McDaniels you're gone.  Just an additional benefit for the rest of us.

1 minute ago, EaglesFan1234 said:

Because Bowles is not an a-hole like McDaniels and McDaniels destroyed the Broncos while Bowles would not

lol

2 minutes ago, EaglesFan1234 said:

But Bowles was atrocious in ny and Miami 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

He had Kyle Orton, Chris Simms and Tebow.  Cutler was traded before McDaniels coached a game.

Even more to the point.

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Lol, look at the noob trash talking.  All good man.  Like you said, if they hire McDaniels you're gone.  Just an additional benefit for the rest of us.

lol

You are an idiot, you are on my ingore list, bye!

You are an idiot, you are on my ingore list, bye!

@Outlaw is one of the best posters here.  You are just wrong.  Gonna ignore someone because you got owned is pretty chicken ish.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

@Outlaw is one of the best posters here.  You are just wrong.  Gonna ignore someone because you got owned is pretty chicken ish.

You are also on my ingore list also! Bye!

You are also on my ingore list also! Bye!

You are making us all want Josh McDaniels to be the next coach.  

You can always tell who has skin thick enough to last long on these boards. 

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Right and the story is that he called cutler in for a meeting and was critical of his game so cutler threw a temper tantrum and demanded a trade. Then he went in to win several super bowls with his next team....oh wait, that part didn’t happen.   My point was just that of the choices at qb when he got there, he didn’t exactly inherit a proven winning qb.  At least here, as we are lead to believe, he inherits an elite mvp qb in Carson.  Or maybe he gets Carson to throw a hissy fit and demand that trade after all 

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You are making us all want Josh McDaniels to be the next coach.  

He's gonna put Josh on his "ingore list."

10 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Chargers make an interesting HC hiring.

I thought they were going to hire Daboll but I guess they want to try a different route, Stanley could work out for them and it helps that Stanley was a former quarterback in college so he could help Hebert 

Archived