2nd Eagles HC Poll and Discussion Thread

Outlaw

Eagles New HC  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want out of who is left?

• Joe Brady
    • Duce Staley
    • Eric Bienemy
    • Matt Eberflus
    • Brandon Staley
    • Brian Daboll
    • Ryan Day
    • Jerod Mayo
    • Josh McDaniels
    • Mike Kafka
    • Todd Bowles
    • Kellen Moore
    • Other (please post name)

This poll is closed to new votes

16 minutes ago, EaglesFan1234 said:

I thought they were going to hire Daboll but I guess they want to try a different route, Stanley could work out for them and it helps that Stanley was a former quarterback in college so he could help Hebert 

Staley could do well there, too.

Any chance we could get Dick Vermeil out of retirement? Just for old times sake... 

7 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Any chance we could get Dick Vermeil out of retirement? Just for old times sake... 

I'd take that over McDaniels lol. 

13 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Nah, maybe Cowher though.

2 minutes ago, Macho Grande said:

Can't say I blame him.  My guess is he wants to stay in Buffalo anyway because they are at the start of their run. They figure to be good for a few years.  I would bet he backed out of the Chargers job because he wants to stay at Buffalo longer.

Never understood the Daboll love.  Did anyone watch the Bills Colts Divisional round playoff game?? Daboll almost lost them the game with his 4th quarter play-calling.  Plus he looks like a nervous wreck every time they showed him on air. 

2 minutes ago, Macho Grande said:

Not shocked.

Oh my Lord.  Todd Bowles being interviewed.

Took the Jets from 10-6 to 5-11 to 5-11 to 4-12 in 4 short years.

Must be an MLK Day thing.

Quick, get Bienemy on the phone before the Texans grab him.

12 minutes ago, Macho Grande said:

I do not blame him at all, who would want to coach with this mess? Smart decision

Here's how I put the Josh McDaniels thing in perspective::

The Eagles don't hire him as coach. They promote Duce Staley, who wants to move forward with Jalen Hurts, as he more closely resembles the Philly style quarterback. Wentz agrees to a restructured contract so he can be traded to the Patriots. McDaniels stays on as OC at New England. Under the right tutelage and the leadership of Bill Belichick, Wentz's career is reborn and they compete at a high level, even winning another Super Bowl or two. Meanwhile we all sit around here complaining that Howie & Lurie don't really care about winning because they made a horrible mistake by not hiring McDaniels and letting Wentz walk.

I guess what I'm saying is I'd rather hire McDaniels, have it not work out, and then part ways after 3 to 5 years than to have the aforementioned scenario play out. 

Just now, MillerTime said:

I can see why Josh McDaniels had down years with Bradford, Orton, and Newton...

3F8DA56C-412E-4B2A-BD7D-1CF73358AF3E.png

If Bradford had an offensive line, Bradford would have been good instead of getting hurt almost every year

9 minutes ago, Swoop said:

We're going to end up with Duce and not change in any capacity offensively. Neat.

truth

20 minutes ago, Swoop said:

We're going to end up with Duce and not change in any capacity offensively. Neat.

You are going to look stupid if Eagles do not

I think I might perhaps be the only guy on this board excited at the thought of McDaniels...especially if Mayo is coming with him.  Like who WANTS Duce because they think he'll actually turn this team around?  There's a reason he hasn't gotten one sniff of an interview for an OC job anywhere but here.  Give me the guy with the pedigree who at least will get us a little excited about moving forward.  Duce doesn't excite me...at all.

24 minutes ago, Swoop said:

3 minutes ago, EaglesFan1234 said:

You are going to look stupid if Eagles do not

Oh snap.  Been told @Swoop, and if you retort, you will be on his ignore list.  Guy has more people on ignore than he has days as a member.

18 minutes ago, EaglesFan1234 said:

I do not blame him at all, who would want to coach with this mess? Smart decision

Someone that wants a promotion and opportunity. Supply and demand. Typically once you're a head coach you're in play for other HC opportunities and at worst coordinator. Really no downside in it in terms of career move.

1 minute ago, judunno said:

Someone that wants a promotion and opportunity. Supply and demand. Typically once you're a head coach you're in play for other HC opportunities and at worst coordinator. Really no downside in it in terms of career move.

If that is true then Daboll would be interested, stupid comment 🙄

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Herm?

I think he's happy in college.  

Just now, EaglesFan1234 said:

If that is true then Daboll would be interested, stupid comment 🙄

He'll have his pick of openings next year.  It's the equivalent of a guy choosing to stay in school another year cause he thinks it'll help his draft stock.

Just now, Outlaw said:

I think I might perhaps be the only guy on this board excited at the thought of McDaniels...especially if Mayo is coming with him.  Like who WANTS Duce because they think he'll actually turn this team around.  There's a reason he hasn't gotten one sniff of an interview for an OC job anywhere but here.

That would be a new direction from the Andy Reid Tree. The QB side seems contradictory. The organization states it wants Wentz to get back to form yet they look serious about a coach who comes from a system that is all about efficiency from the QB position. Wentz is the lowest rated pocket passer in the league, holds on to the ball and has hero ball tendencies—like Cam. That’s the polar opposite of efficiency. Hurts would be a more moderate piece to install in such an offense. Doesn’t seem to make sense. I also would not want to be a caustic personality following sweet Dougie P. Hard to win the locker room with that personality swing. 

Archived