Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as Head Coach (Colts OC)

Portyansky

4 hours ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

Everything I read about Bieniemy is that he is a bad interview and that stigma has been stuck with him for the past two seasons. It's not skin color, although that is still a problem in the NFL. And the off-field stuff was back when he was a college player 30 years ago.

Andy Reid loves the guy, so he must leave a REALLY bad impression. If I was Bieniemy, I'd go to Reid and ask what I was doing wrong because clearly he isn't getting good advice.

He had an issue in college AND in the league. 

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Gus was at Lurie's house, and certainly on the verge, but I don't recall him ever being hired.

He wasn't lurie called his and told him he is going with chip and he should take the jacksonville job if it's available

10 hours ago, Procus said:

Oh, you mean Duce coached up Brett Favre to two Super Bowls and one trophy?

Good point! I need to know these things.

Apparently Sirianni  is bringing the colts secondary coach with him to be the DC.  

interesting - colts are gonna hate us and this can pretty much confirm we’re sending Carson there to pay off some debt 😆 

edit: fixed my spelling, ya jerks 😂 

26 minutes ago, DBW said:

Apparently Soriano is bringing the colts secondary coach with him to be the DC.  

interesting - colts are gonna hate us and this can pretty much confirm we’re sending Carson there to pay off some debt 😆 

Soriano? We are going to butcher this man's name lol. Let's just call him 'Hey Siri"

Speaking of Colts fans. I checked out one of their boards and they seem to hate Reich as a play caller and were asking for Siri to take ove play calling duties. Add another reason for hating us 😌 I suppose.

1 minute ago, judunno said:

Soriano? We are going to butcher this man's name lol. Let's just call him 'Hey Siri"

Speaking of Colts fan. I checked out one of their boards and they seem to hate Reich as a play caller and were asking for Siri to take ove play calling duties. Add another reason for hating us 😌 I suppose.

I wonder if Soriano is going to coach anything like Petersen and bring back Jeffries.🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, judunno said:

Speaking of Colts fans. I checked out one of their boards and they seem to hate Reich as a play caller and were asking for Siri to take ove play calling duties. Add another reason for hating us 😌 I suppose.

There are still some fans that spell "Lurie" as "Laurie" and he's only been the owner since 1994.  It's a losing battle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

I wonder if Soriano is going to coach anything like Petersen and bring back Jeffries.🤷🏻‍♂️

Don't forget back up phenom Chase Daniels. Can you believe that man earned almost 35 million so far. fun fact

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, judunno said:

Don't forget back up phenom Chase Daniels. Can you believe that man earned almost 35 million so far. fun fact

or Matt Hollins ;)

4 hours ago, Talonblood said:

So Joe Banner (most will stop reading here, lol) thinks the exact opposite of most people about the new coach being hired to fix Wentz. I found his point of view very interesting. Here's a link and a snippet from the article:

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-head-coach-nick-sirianni-carson-wentz-andy-reid-20210123.html

Domo: What do you think the impact of Sirianni’s hiring is going to be on Carson Wentz’s future?

JB: I actually think this is neutral or more likely to mean Carson isn’t coming back. I know everybody else is saying the opposite. But Sirianni isn’t a guy that has some broad track record of developing quarterbacks or creating schemes that are really intricate. So it’s not like they would have any great confidence that he’s going to come in and make Carson look like the quarterback he was in 2017.

It could be neutral. They could be where they were before they started the search where they wanted to try and fix Carson but also were willing to consider the possibility of trading him and moving forward with Jalen Hurts.

Or it could be, they don’t want to bring in a new coach who doesn’t have a ton of experience and start with him having to figure out who gets what reps in practice, and who in the locker room favors this guy over that guy. This situation presents a lot of challenges to a new coach coming in. As we discussed last week, it’s one of the reasons they had trouble attracting some top candidates.

You want to create a different attitude and culture under a new coach. You want it to become his team very quickly. To have him spend the next four months tutoring and developing and hoping he’s making progress with a quarterback that last year didn’t play near well enough to be a starter isn’t ideal.

So my first belief is that the narrative that’s taking form about them bringing Wentz back and trying to fix him, I don’t necessarily think it’s true.

I do agree that Sirianni doesn’t exactly have a long pedigree of making quarterbacks better. His lack of experience and lack of familiarity with Carson makes me even question if they both could coexist. At least he does have some insight on how to coach Carson hard from Reich although I don’t even think it matters all that much. The Eagles have come out and said they want Carson back, (they also called him an asset too)  but most of the talk this guy is here to "fix” Carson is media speculation. I think the Eagles are preparing for life with Carson, but I don’t think he’s an untouchable player. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, judunno said:

Ironically spell check changed it, despite me fixing it 2x.  lol. I need to set an autocorrect for the autocorrect 

Just got the text from the team. They've named Nick Sirianni the new HC.

Just thought I'd let you know.

In some other news, stay out of China. I hear a bad virus is going around there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Who wants to bet that the first question to sirianni will be "how much influence did you have in assembling your staff". 

Please welcome fans, the Philadelphia Colts!

(someone had to do it haha)

• Haha 1

Just now, matchew88 said:

Please welcome fans, the Philadelphia Colts!

(someone had to do it haha)

Better than the Philadelphia Browns!  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Screenshot_20210124-092526_NFL.thumb.jpg.431a7e01c4152d86184e0a0716c6f0cf.jpg

Offensive pass game coordinator? Not an OC? Maybe means they're keeping Stoutland as run game coordinator?

Ugh, does he want that or is this gonna be a 14 Offensive coaches again? Next they'll hire some consultants.

Howie's "communicative collaboration."

8 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Offensive pass game coordinator? Not an OC? Maybe means they're keeping Stoutland as run game coordinator?

Ugh, does he want that or is this gonna be a 14 Offensive coaches again? Next they'll hire some consultants.

Howie's "communicative collaboration."

For what it's worth, Patullo held the same title with the Colts while they had Sirianni as the OC.

I also saw a report in another thread that the Eagles are interviewing Curtis Modkins (Broncos RB coach) for the OC spot and that they also have interest in Shane Steichen (Chargers OC) as well.

Perhaps if both of those fall through, we could see a separate pass game and run game coordinator instead of a traditional OC. We might see Stoutland as you mentioned (or even Duce if he stays) be the run game coordinator.

1 minute ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

For what it's worth, Patullo held the same title with the Colts while they had Sirianni as the OC.

I also saw a report that the Eagles are interviewing Curtis Modkins (Broncos RB coach) for the OC spot and that they also have interest in Shane Steichen (Chargers OC) as well.

Perhaps if both of those fall through, we could see a separate pass game and run game coordinator instead of a traditional OC. We might see Stoutland as you mentioned (or even Duce if he stays) be the run game coordinator.

Was really hoping for someone with some prior HC experience as OC like Caldwell. I do like Steichen. 

• Like 2

Glad we didn't just promote from within.

And if Lombardi thinks it's a mistake, we should be back in the playoffs in a year or two.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Not if Jeffery LAURIE has anything to say about it.