Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as Head Coach (Colts OC)

Portyansky

58 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I completely agree. For me it’s Sewell, Chase, Smith

One of those 3 will be available, and if it is all 3, you have them in the correct order.

I am hoping the Micah Parsons smear campaign really picks up steam so we can get him in the second.

37 minutes ago, Procus said:

Anybody know the length of Siranni's contract?

I haven’t heard but I think 5 years is pretty standard. 

42 minutes ago, jblah said:

I think i see a lot more "meh" than before.

Definitely more meh lol I think that's mostly because Howie is still here so we don't think it matters. 

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I really don't see as much complaining about this hire as much as they did Doug. Unless I just happen to be on all the pages that people are excited about it lol

Doug humbled us after being picked for HC by winning the Superbowl. I think this has made fans more open-minded (relatively speaking) as well as being intrigued by the hire.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

Agreed. The team is also craving for a difference maker on the D but I’m not sure the value is there in this draft unless the team does a 360 on their stance re LBs and thinks Parsons is that guy.

An impactful Edge rusher who locks down a spot long term would be great but the DE class doesn’t appear to have that who’d be value at #6. All the top guys seem to have a few question marks.

Honestly, I won’t be shocked if they trade down. A move into the pick 10 to mid teens range to grab a Farley, Surtain or Horn with an extra pick or two thrown in might make sense. And with Detroit trading Stafford that puts us in the drivers seat with both Detroit and Carolina immediately behind us both wanting a QB. Imagine Fields or Wilson still on the board at 6!

33 minutes ago, downundermike said:

One of those 3 will be available, and if it is all 3, you have them in the correct order.

I am hoping the Micah Parsons smear campaign really picks up steam so we can get him in the second.

Not a chance. The more likely fall will be Moses into the early third. 

What's up Brother!!!

1441623901_NickandHowie.thumb.jpg.d981521f286cddd0ffd4950d5f625a50.jpg

I am bigger than Ben Franklin!

29809071_Nickintheoffice2.thumb.jpg.07faba2a312fee9fe0095a98c330579b.jpg

Who the Hell was that guy???

561676347_NickWondering.thumb.jpg.01856b5f56c6501692ef79831b9e1f8a.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

What's up Brother!!!

1441623901_NickandHowie.thumb.jpg.d981521f286cddd0ffd4950d5f625a50.jpg

I am bigger than Ben Franklin!

29809071_Nickintheoffice2.thumb.jpg.07faba2a312fee9fe0095a98c330579b.jpg

Who the Hell was that guy???

561676347_NickWondering.thumb.jpg.01856b5f56c6501692ef79831b9e1f8a.jpg

2 hours ago, Procus said:

Anybody know the length of Siranni's contract?

I give it 3.5 years before carson and the philly media make him quit 😂 

10 hours ago, downundermike said:

He won't get past pittsburgh

Superstitiously digging the Chargers/Colts hirings ala Frank Reich’s inbound/outbound stops.

• Like 1

It's very interesting that they are hiring so many young coaches.  I don't know anything about these coaches other than what I read about them after they're hired, but on paper the idea of guys who are young and want to really make name for themselves in the NFL is interesting.  Of course, veteran coaching presence is valuable.  When Doug was hired, both his coordinators were experienced including Schwartz having former HC experience.

Who will be guiding these young coaches?  Surely not Howie, the fantasy football nerd playing GM.  It will be up to Sirianni to be this "leader of coaches" that Lurie said was the top thing he was looking for.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 8:43 PM, DBW said:

I give it 3.5 years before carson and the philly media make him quit 😂 

That is very generous. I am thinking just 2 years and we see him and Howie gone.

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Hs Sirianni had a press conference yet, I've yet to hear the guy speak.

They posted video of him hugging Howie, walking into NovaCare to look at the murals on the walls and he said wow, and then went into his new office with a fat head type mural behind his desk and he said wow.

So he did a zoom interview and then interviewed in Florida and took the job without interviewing in Philly and seeing the facilities?  Seems strange.

5 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Hs Sirianni had a press conference yet, I've yet to hear the guy speak.

Tomorrow at noon EST.

23 hours ago, NOTW said:

It's very interesting that they are hiring so many young coaches.  I don't know anything about these coaches other than what I read about them after they're hired, but on paper the idea of guys who are young and want to really make name for themselves in the NFL is interesting.  Of course, veteran coaching presence is valuable.  When Doug was hired, both his coordinators were experienced including Schwartz having former HC experience.

Who will be guiding these young coaches?  Surely not Howie, the fantasy football nerd playing GM.  It will be up to Sirianni to be this "leader of coaches" that Lurie said was the top thing he was looking for.

I think Doug wasn't a manager type guy. he just wanted to do his x's and o's and game plan. Siri seems to want to do more of these create his own coaching tree, ect. so perhaps he will be more of a manager of people than spend 100% on x's and o's. 

So I watched the interview with Spuds and Sirianni and I came across impressed. First off he sounds like he wants to hold both coaches and players accountable. He’s also saying he’s willing to adjust. He’s going to call the plays. He also praised Carson, but he didn’t sound like it was Carson or bust. Saying he’s going to hold players accountable doesn’t sound like any of these starters should expect their jobs will just be handed to him. I wonder if he pulls a Reid "make and example of a guy” to show he means business. Coaching, teaching, and accountability. On a side note he also mentioned Zach Ertz and Goedert by name and right now most of us don’t see both of them being here in 2021. I guess you never really know, but ultimately I don’t think this guy is set on any players just yet.