Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as Head Coach (Colts OC)

Portyansky

14 hours ago, DBW said:

Ironically spell check changed it, despite me fixing it 2x.  lol. I need to set an autocorrect for the autocorrect 

You have a dominican spell checker... nice lol.

• Haha 2

I freely admit I know virtually zero about Jonathan Gannon.  Seems like an up and coming hot young coach.

But strategically, I'd prefer an older, more experienced DC.  Someone like Jim Johnson was for Andy Reid.  

Much less chance of an older guy getting poached in a few years as soon as our team gets good.

On 1/23/2021 at 10:25 AM, SPIDER-MAN said:

Dorsey has to be a factor in drafting as well.

Credited for Aaron Rodgers, Clay Mathews and Greg Jennings, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, Baker Mayfield, Nick Chubb, Antonio Calloway...and traded/signed pieces that helped. (Drafted Mahomes, but I credit Reid for most of that).

So much for Dorsey getting a bigger say in the draft process ... leaving for a front office spot in Detroit.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/john-dorsey-joining-lions-wont-end-full-time-eagles-after-all

• Like 1

The Philadelphia Eagles are replacing their Super Bowl-winning head coach with his former Super Bowl-winning assistant.

Sirianni returns to Philadelphia after spending the last three seasons in Indianapolis under Frank Reich, whom Sirianni followed to the Colts from the Eagles when Reich was hired away from Philadelphia in 2018. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/philadelphia-eagles-hire-jonathan-gannon-as-new-defensive-coordinator

Wait, am I losing my memory, I don't remember him on the staff in 2017... :huh: 

• Haha 2

On 1/23/2021 at 11:44 AM, Portyansky said:

Probably waiting till after the championship games.

Nope...more like waited for the day of the championship games. Would love to know if this was don't on purpose or was just the way the timing of the process naturally worked out.

Looking forward to the press conference next week. I assume we won't learn a whole lot but first impressions can be telling.

3 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

Glad we didn't just promote from within.

And if Lombardi thinks it's a mistake, we should be back in the playoffs in a year or two.

I think like the last 5 or 6 coaches have made the playoffs in year 2 for us. 

33 minutes ago, time2rock said:

So much for Dorsey getting a bigger say in the draft process ... leaving for a front office spot in Detroit.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/john-dorsey-joining-lions-wont-end-full-time-eagles-after-all

That is extremely disappointing. Was really hoping he’d have a big influence this year. 

45 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Oh wow. Yay so pleased that Howie gets to make the picks again. That's going to result in great success for us. 

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh wow. Yay so pleased that Howie gets to make the picks again. That's going to result in great success for us. 

We need to add an angry reaction emoji.  
Something like 😤 or 😠

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, time2rock said:

We need to add an angry reaction emoji.  
Something like 😤 or 😠

Hey don't be angry with me! 😁

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hey don't be angry with me! 😁

Haha of course not my brotha!  I mean to react to that kind of news.  :lol:

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 4:02 PM, time2rock said:

Interesting that it is now being reported that Buffalo denied an interview request with Daboll.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-denied-eagles-permission-to-speak-with-brian-daboll-prior-to-philadelphia-hiring-nick-sirianni/

FWIW, apparently Sirianni has worked with Daboll in KC and has learned from him. 

Noticed people started calling the new coach Siri. I wonder if the Eagles FO will do that too? "Hey Siri fire your OC, because Howie has a cousin twice removed that believes he can make it in this league.” 

One thing to take into consideration with Siri is that the Colts had the worst Oline in the NFL the year prior to him joining, but now have the best Oline.

Could be correlation rather than causation, but with Stoutland staying and Siri with his experience gained, the Oline could and should be the priority this season or two.

41 minutes ago, mihailo said:

One thing to take into consideration with Siri is that the Colts had the worst Oline in the NFL the year prior to him joining, but now have the best Oline.

Could be correlation rather than causation, but with Stoutland staying and Siri with his experience gained, the Oline could and should be the priority this season or two.

They drafted Quenton Nelson and Braden Smith the same year that he joined the Colts. Probably more correlation then causation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pallidrone said:

They drafted Quenton Nelson and Braden Smith the same year that he joined the Colts. Probably more correlation then causation.

True, but I am sure in the very least he sees it of paramount importance winning in the trenches.

I think we see a draft focus on the lines this season. Maybe with the top pick. 

1 hour ago, mihailo said:

True, but I am sure in the very least he sees it of paramount importance winning in the trenches.

I think we see a draft focus on the lines this season. Maybe with the top pick. 

I mean if there's a QB/WR frenzy at 1-5 and Sewell is sitting there at 6, he may be the biggest no brainer after Lawrence in the draft.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They will get another fall guy for Howie who will probably take all the blame after the draft disaster coming up.

This thread is going to be gold when Sirianni turns out to be the best coaching hire made this year. Just like when everyone ****ed about the Pederson hire. 

7 minutes ago, nipples said:

This thread is going to be gold when Sirianni turns out to be the best coaching hire made this year. Just like when everyone ****ed about the Pederson hire. 

I really don't see as much complaining about this hire as much as they did Doug. Unless I just happen to be on all the pages that people are excited about it lol

5 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I mean if there's a QB/WR frenzy at 1-5 and Sewell is sitting there at 6, he may be the biggest no brainer after Lawrence in the draft.

Sewell wold be great. But I don’t like any of the other OL at 6. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

Sewell wold be great. But I don’t like any of the other OL at 6. 

I completely agree. For me it’s Sewell, Chase, Smith, Farley/Surtain as a slight reach or trade down. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I really don't see as much complaining about this hire as much as they did Doug. Unless I just happen to be on all the pages that people are excited about it lol

I think i see a lot more "meh" than before.

52 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I completely agree. For me it’s Sewell, Chase, Smith, Farley/Surtain as a slight reach or trade down. 

Agreed. The team is also craving for a difference maker on the D but I’m not sure the value is there in this draft unless the team does a 360 on their stance re LBs and thinks Parsons is that guy.

An impactful Edge rusher who locks down a spot long term would be great but the DE class doesn’t appear to have that who’d be value at #6. All the top guys seem to have a few question marks.