Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as Head Coach (Colts OC)

Portyansky

38 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

Intelligent response "bro”.  Implication’s  root word is implicit, you cretin.  You were implicit in your statement.  

Dude, save some vag for the rest of us. By the way, your use of the period outside of the quotation marks after "bro” is improper English. Not gonna drop panties like that man, step up your game. 

On 1/29/2021 at 7:33 PM, EagleVA said:

I thought he said he had the say on the final 53?

I didn't see anyone answer this

Nick said that Howie has control over the 53 and Nick has control over gameday

27 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Dude, save some vag for the rest of us. By the way, your use of the period outside of the quotation marks after "bro” is improper English. Not gonna drop panties like that man, step up your game. 

Another intelligent response. You are quite the outlaw.  But thanks for continuing the name calling and insults.  They are easy for moderators to identify. 

21 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

Another intelligent response. You are quite the outlaw.  But thanks for continuing the name calling and insults.  They are easy for moderators to identify. 

🤣

8 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Sirianni confident he can build an offense around either QB.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/nick-sirianni-says-he-can-design-offense-around-carson-wentz-or-jalen-hurts

Thats what I like to hear.  Now hopefully he can.

I believe this is what the FO liked about him. He doesn't seem to beholden to one scheme. One of my biggest frustrations with our coaches has been their seemingly unwillingness to adjust. The question is can he walk the walk and not just talk the talk.

56 minutes ago, time2rock said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/nick-sirianni-says-he-can-design-offense-around-carson-wentz-or-jalen-hurts

Let's face it...the Eagles FO is a shark tank and Doug was out of his depth.

I'd rather have a guy who says all the right things, plays the politics and wins, instead of a guy who spends his energy trying to wave his dick around inside of Novacare.

23 minutes ago, Madriver said:

Let's face it...the Eagles FO is a shark tank and Doug was out of his depth.

I'd rather have a guy who says all the right things, plays the politics and wins, instead of a guy who spends his energy trying to wave his dick around inside of Novacare.

Nick Foles says "hi”

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I didn't see anyone answer this

Nick said that Howie has control over the 53 and Nick has control over gameday

OK, so Nick determines who dresses on gameday.

Concerning the final 53, hopefully Howie collaborates with the coaches during the offseason.  I mean based on his background he has no business being the GM of any NFL team as demonstrated by his drafts in the early rounds.    

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

OK, so Nick determines who dresses on gameday.

Concerning the final 53, hopefully Howie collaborates with the coaches during the offseason.  I mean based on his background he has no business being the GM of any NFL team as demonstrated by his drafts in the early rounds.    

Yup. The positive is that Nick wont be forced to play anyone who he doesn't want. It also holds him accountable for putting any player out there. 

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

Well I’d expect him to say that honestly. He also said he plans to run an offense that utilizes the best skills of the players on the field. Unlike some of the other coaching staffs he doesn’t plan to try and fit a square peg into a round hole. I do like how that sounds, but it also feels like he doesn’t really have an offense too. I hope it works out. Feels like a lot of new concepts for a lot of older players to try and figure out. The receivers on this team are mostly young though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thing3 said:

I believe this is what the FO liked about him. He doesn't seem to beholden to one scheme. One of my biggest frustrations with our coaches has been their seemingly unwillingness to adjust. The question is can he walk the walk and not just talk the talk.

Agreed that is why I ended with "now hopefully he can”.  

The easiest thing to win is the introductory press conference and this dude lost it.  It was a hot mess, I read about it, saw some of it, and though what in the hell were they thinking when EB was out there to be hired from Reid.  I hope he proves me wrong but something tells me we will be back here in 4 or 5 years. 

5 hours ago, Bob Manigan said:

The easiest thing to win is the introductory press conference and this dude lost it.  It was a hot mess, I read about it, saw some of it, and though what in the hell were they thinking when EB was out there to be hired from Reid.  I hope he proves me wrong but something tells me we will be back here in 4 or 5 years. 

All of us truly want this guy to succeed, but the truth is the only reason the Eagles hired this guy is because he’s a controllable asset. Clearly the FO is running all of this and his job is to coach whatever they give him. Honestly regardless if he fails or succeed we will be back at this point in a few years, because if he fails they will make him the scapegoat and if he succeeds he will want more power and he will likely be let go for wanting it. Howie and Jeff run this show. 

So with the intro PC he was nervous and not all coaches are good public speakers.  You also have the issue of doing it via Zoom (or Teams or whatever they use).  Even Howie at times has been looking at the different screens wondering who's talking when he's done these and he's generally comfortable in interviews.  So you have to understand some nervousness or the fact that some coaches simply don't like going before the media.  Reid and Pederson were both criticized for not giving good press conferences.

However, what I'm looking for is content of the answers.  Does he have a plan?  What are the core things he's bringing to the organization?  

My concern is that he's repeating talking points like a politician but not speaking so much from experience.  I think he does better when he explains something practical.  In this 1:1 interview with John Clark posted below, Clark asks a few different questions related to the youth of the coaching staff, how they'll command respect from the players, his lack of play calling experience, and what makes him a good choice to be the head coach?

I have concerns about his answers, because most of what he said was about him growing up in a football family (which is valid), being around football as a water boy as a kid and listening to the coaches, having a brother who is a coach.  A couple different times he went on about what his brother has done, his father, and he quotes other coaches he's worked for with their slogans and inspirational pitches.  I kept thinking "ok, what have YOU done?  What are YOU going to do?"  

At one point he did get to that and did a better job explaining how in Indy he adjusted for each QB from Luck to Brisset to Rivers.  He didn't get into how exactly, but just that you don't expect the next QB to do things the same way the previous one did, you play to their strengths.  

But so far a lot of what he says seems like what is good on paper or things he's learned from others and I'm not hearing a lot of him talk about what HE has done or specifics about what HE will do.  The key will be in the execution, and looking in the faces of his players both young and veteran and being able to sell them on his philosophies, command their respect and want to go to battle with him on Sunday.

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

So with the intro PC he was nervous and not all coaches are good public speakers.  You also have the issue of doing it via Zoom (or Teams or whatever they use).  Even Howie at times has been looking at the different screens wondering who's talking when he's done these and he's generally comfortable in interviews.  So you have to understand some nervousness or the fact that some coaches simply don't like going before the media.  Reid and Pederson were both criticized for not giving good press conferences.

However, what I'm looking for is content of the answers.  Does he have a plan?  What are the core things he's bringing to the organization?  

My concern is that he's repeating talking points like a politician but not speaking so much from experience.  I think he does better when he explains something practical.  In this 1:1 interview with John Clark posted below, Clark asks a few different questions related to the youth of the coaching staff, how they'll command respect from the players, his lack of play calling experience, and what makes him a good choice to be the head coach?

I have concerns about his answers, because most of what he said was about him growing up in a football family (which is valid), being around football as a water boy as a kid and listening to the coaches, having a brother who is a coach.  A couple different times he went on about what his brother has done, his father, and he quotes other coaches he's worked for with their slogans and inspirational pitches.  I kept thinking "ok, what have YOU done?  What are YOU going to do?"  

At one point he did get to that and did a better job explaining how in Indy he adjusted for each QB from Luck to Brisset to Rivers.  He didn't get into how exactly, but just that you don't expect the next QB to do things the same way the previous one did, you play to their strengths.  

But so far a lot of what he says seems like what is good on paper or things he's learned from others and I'm not hearing a lot of him talk about what HE has done or specifics about what HE will do.  The key will be in the execution, and looking in the faces of his players both young and veteran and being able to sell them on his philosophies, command their respect and want to go to battle with him on Sunday.

He hasn't been a head coach. So he is going to have to show you what he will do. I don't expect to him to go into details about how exactly he game plans, how exactly he change the game from luck to bresett to rivers. Those are too detailed. 

He can only really talk about his past experience and how he will utilize things he has learned from other HCs.

41 minutes ago, jblah said:

He hasn't been a head coach. So he is going to have to show you what he will do. I don't expect to him to go into details about how exactly he game plans, how exactly he change the game from luck to bresett to rivers. Those are too detailed. 

He can only really talk about his past experience and how he will utilize things he has learned from other HCs.

Obviously he hasn't been a head coach.  So he can talk about what he's done as position coach and OC.  Instead he focused a lot on what his dad and brother have done, and plucked motivational quotes from them.  He could cite his rapport with past players, he could talk about designing plays, the collaboration in the position meeting room, etc.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Obviously he hasn't been a head coach.  So he can talk about what he's done as position coach and OC.  Instead he focused a lot on what his dad and brother have done, and plucked motivational quotes from them.  He could cite his rapport with past players, he could talk about designing plays, the collaboration in the position meeting room, etc.  

And the thing is... The reason for the reaction to his press conference is because we don't know a lot about this guy. We have very little to go on and what we saw and heard during that presser wasn't great. 

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And the thing is... The reason for the reaction to his press conference is because we don't know a lot about this guy. We have very little to go on and what we saw and heard during that presser wasn't great. 

WTF?!!!  He came across as a genuine, hard working kind of guy that should fit right into the blue collar attitude we like. Can't we at least give him a couple of practices before attacking?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

WTF?!!!  He came across as a genuine, hard working kind of guy that should fit right into the blue collar attitude we like. Can't we at least give him a couple of practices before attacking?

I said wasn't great. I didn't attack him, I didn't kill him. I've said over the last week that just because his first press conference wasn't great doesn't mean he's going to be a bad HC. Jesus this place is going to the dogs! Not even allowed an opinion anymore. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I said wasn't great. I didn't attack him, I didn't kill him. I've said over the last week that just because his first press conference wasn't great doesn't mean he's going to be a bad HC. Jesus this place is going to the dogs! Not even allowed an opinion anymore. 

I misunderstood.  Sorry.  I guess I didn't realize that "what we saw and heard during that presser wasn't great" was really British positive.

And I agree.  It has already gone to the dogs.  

19 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well we know his resume, and he stated some values like accountability, everyone competing with each other, etc.  That's all well and good.  

My point was about his one-on-one interviews (not the PC because I get it, nerves, not liking the media, zoom awkward and all that).  He had a quiet opportunity where he wasn't rushed or pressured, and they were softball questions.  I just didn't hear a lot of substance of what he has done or what he plans to do.  He talked a lot about his family, referenced being a water boy and hearing coaches talk and being a player and all that.

When he did get into some substance, I thought it was better.  Still not specific, but noting that when the Colts had to quickly change QBs after Luck retired, he had to adjust to what Brissett did and not expect him to run the plays the same way Luck did.  

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I misunderstood.  Sorry.  I guess I didn't realize that "what we saw and heard during that presser wasn't great" was really British positive.

And I agree.  It has already gone to the dogs.  

I'm not saying it was positive. I also don't think it was killing the guy or declaring him a bad HC either to be honest. I'm merely pointing out that I don't think his first PC went very well and given the limited information we have on him I think it's natural for people to react.

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not saying it was positive. I also don't think it was killing the guy or declaring him a bad HC either to be honest. I'm merely pointing out that I don't think his first PC went very well and given the limited information we have on him I think it's natural for people to overreact.

Got it.  It was clear that he didn't say the right things to make every single poster happy....which he never could have done, since he was not everyone's A1 choice.   Oh, well!  I liked what I heard as an introduction.  I heard flexible.  I heard accountability.  I heard about a solid background.   I can't wait to hear Xs and Os as he gets more entrenched.  

By the way, I fixed your post.

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Got it.  It was clear that he didn't say the right things to make every single poster happy....which he never could have done, since he was not everyone's A1 choice.   Oh, well!  I liked what I heard as an introduction.  I can't wait to hear Xs and Os as he gets more entrenched.

By the way, I fixed your post.

I'm not saying he has to please every poster and every fan. I'm not saying he has to give perfect answers but the perception was that it was a bad PC. Sorry but that's not going to give people a good feeling about the new HC. It doesn't mean he's going to be a bad HC but it's not a great start. 

It is an opinion, we are all entitled to them and yet you seem to want everyone to just sit on the fence on every topic.