Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as Head Coach (Colts OC)

Portyansky

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not saying he has to please every poster and every fan. I'm not saying he has to give perfect answers but the perception was that it was a bad PC. Sorry but that's not going to give people a good feeling about the new HC. It doesn't mean he's going to be a bad HC but it's not a great start. 

It is an opinion, we are all entitled to them and yet you seem to want everyone to just sit on the fence on every topic. 

Have your opinion.  It's your right to believe he didn't do a great job and to be concerned after a few days.  I'll wait until his actions really mean something.  Enjoy your evening.

• Like 2

Man, good thing he never said "Gosh". He'd have been run out and we'd be searching for a new coach again.

• Like 2

On 2/1/2021 at 5:33 PM, Bob Manigan said:

The easiest thing to win is the introductory press conference and this dude lost it.  It was a hot mess, I read about it, saw some of it, and though what in the hell were they thinking when EB was out there to be hired from Reid.  I hope he proves me wrong but something tells me we will be back here in 4 or 5 years. 

Why is everyone swinging on Bienemy’s jock?  He doesn’t call plays. He doesn’t design plays. He has a checkered past. And frankly, I’m glad we are finally getting away from the Reid tree. Something new and fresh. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Man, good thing he never said "Gosh". He'd have been run out and we'd be searching for a new coach again.

:smoke:

On 1/29/2021 at 4:19 PM, NOTW said:

At least he didn't say "Gosh" in being excited, man THAT would have shown he's not a leader of men!

• Like 1

Jeff McLane cited an anonymous source as saying that Sirianni isn’t very smart, is a B level coach at best. https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/eagles-head-coach-nick-sirianni-not-smart-nfl-source-01ewkd15xa7g

Brian Westbrook stated that if he was on the Eagles right now, he would be looking for a way out.  And that veterans that heard the press conference would likely want to move on to another organization.  

Like it or not, you only get 1 chance at a first impression.  Sirianni has dug himself a bit of a whole, so let’s hope that when he gets behind closed doors and with the players, he isn’t the deer in headlights.  

yeah, just like the numb skulls surrounding USC who gave Orgeron the boot, citing his "mannerisms”. 

it takes an anal m’fer to discern one’s abilities after one damn presser. and i dgaf who the critics are. give the man a chance.

• Like 4

Got to love the "he did bad at his first press conference so he must suck" crowd, so the guy can't coach because of a presser?  As I remember the last coach that got blasted and was called stupid after his first press conference brought the Eagles their only SB championship. Sorry but I'm going to take a wait and see approach. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, VeeMak said:

Jeff McLane cited an anonymous source as saying that Sirianni isn’t very smart, is a B level coach at best. https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/eagles-head-coach-nick-sirianni-not-smart-nfl-source-01ewkd15xa7g

Brian Westbrook stated that if he was on the Eagles right now, he would be looking for a way out.  And that veterans that heard the press conference would likely want to move on to another organization.  

Like it or not, you only get 1 chance at a first impression.  Sirianni has dug himself a bit of a whole, so let’s hope that when he gets behind closed doors and with the players, he isn’t the deer in headlights.  

I’m pretty dissatisfied with the owner and the fact he kept Howie, but do you realize that every coach this man has hired had double digit wins by his second season? The two coaches he hired that didn’t have double digit wins in his first seasons both went to a Super Bowl. I have a lot of questions about this coach, but I say we give him a chance because history tells us he’s probably going to be successful. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VeeMak said:

Jeff McLane cited an anonymous source

Thats all you had to write to make it worthless to read any more. Thanks for keeping it short. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VeeMak said:

I think McLane just makes up ish. 

Colts players have spoke well about Sirianni. 

Westbrook hasn’t been in the league in 10 years & wasn’t playing with anyone currently on the team except maybe Graham & Desean, he probably doesn’t know what current Eagles players are thinking. 

I’ll wait to reserve judgement on him until probably halfway thru his 1st year coaching, and even that might be premature. 

• Like 1

lol @ anyone getting this worked up over a press conference.   Somehow I get the feeling that the only ones who think it matters are the ones that are still butthurt about Duce or (enter favorite candidate here) not getting the job. 

The only "first impressions" will be what happens on the field come September.  Everything is nonsense that will be long forgotten by then.   

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Macho Grande said:

lol @ anyone getting this worked up over a press conference.   Somehow I get the feeling that the only ones who think it matters are the ones that are still butthurt about Duce or (enter favorite candidate here) not getting the job. 

The only "first impressions" will be what happens on the field come September.  Everything is nonsense that will be long forgotten by then.   

So I don't disagree with you. If we like what we see during TC and what happens on the field come September then his first press conference will all be forgotten. But at this point this is all we have to go on because we know so little about Sirianni. His first press conference means nothing in terms of whether or not he is going to be a good HC but I don't think we can ignore that it just didn't go well. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Last I checked,  coaches aren't hired for their ability to nail their introductory press conference. They're hired to coach winning football.  Someone show me the correlation between public speaking and winning football games, then maybe I'll start to care as much as the chicken little's seem to think I should.  

Fact is, he was speaking to a large group of strangers, many of whom were there to judge him, and that obviously made him a bit nervous.  The only thing that proves to me is that he's human.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So I don't disagree with you. If we like what we see during TC and what happens on the field come September then his first press conference will all be forgotten. But at this point this is all we have to go on because we know so little about Sirianni. His first press conference means nothing in terms of whether or not he is going to be a good HC but I don't think we can ignore that it just didn't go well. 

Just go on youtube and watch all his PC's when he was with the Colts. Hes much more comfortable in his speaking. His PCs there were a lot more detailed and fluid then Doug's ever was here as a HC. There is plenty to watch and get a good feel of his style and knowledge. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

When it comes to Sirianni it’s best to take a wait and see. He is exactly what I expected him to be though. He is a controllable asset and that is what this FO craves. We will see if he can coach or not. Belicheat and Reid are both terrible speakers, and Reid bombed his first interview. So did Doug, but they turned out to be fine. I wish him luck. He’s gonna need it trying to coach the crap players Howie will provide him. 

On 2/3/2021 at 9:32 AM, NCTANK said:

yeah, just like the numb skulls surrounding USC who gave Orgeron the boot, citing his "mannerisms”. 

it takes an anal m’fer to discern one’s abilities after one damn presser. and i dgaf who the critics are. give the man a chance.

Hey everybody!! You can officially relax now.

We have the next Orgeron!!!!!!!

Jeffrey Lurie says "He's really a great communicator."

Siriani then gives a bumbling, mumbling, and somewhat incoherent press conference...

Image result for shaking head gif                Image result for sirianni eagles

On 2/8/2021 at 12:05 PM, PoconoDon said:

Jeffrey Lurie says "He's really a great communicator."

Siriani then gives a bumbling, mumbling, and somewhat incoherent press conference...

Image result for shaking head gif                Image result for sirianni eagles

Great communicator = said what I wanted to hear, ok with "collaborative communication" with Howie meaning knows his place. 

• Like 1

Can you imagine what Siri is thinking as his best QB is traded to the place he just left?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Can you imagine what Siri is thinking as his best QB is traded to the place he just left?

He's probably just still thinking, "I can't believe these guys actually hired me to be HC."

41 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He's probably just still thinking, "I can't believe these guys actually hired me to be HC."

Haha no doubt he's probably still decorating his office. :lol:

2 hours ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Haha no doubt he's probably still decorating his office. :lol:

He's in the basement watching film on the QBs and ranking them.  Then someone pops in and says "hey Carson was just traded" and he slams his notebook down "son of a!"  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Or this scenario:

"Hey Nick, we traded Carson to the Bears and you're getting Nick Foles. You have to pick a starter or we need to draft a guy."  Great, now I have to look at film and compare Hurts to a different QB.

On 2/3/2021 at 12:17 PM, VeeMak said:

Sirianni's a 39 year old man who owns a plaid sportcoat,  that's probably why Valai hightailed it to Alabamy before his ass hit his office chair.