Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as Head Coach (Colts OC)

Portyansky

5 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

God help him if he turns down a interview request from the philly sports media. We will start hearing "stories" about beating dogs and shooting up in the locker room. 

God help him no matter what he does.  They won't like his name and McLane will tweet out some BS (plus they will make up some stuff) and it will be attack mode.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

I feel like the same could have been said about Pederson. No?

I think he means a quiet "yes man" for Lurie and Howie to play with... NEW 2021 toy for them!!!!

1 hour ago, jblah said:

maybe if they lost earlier, he might have had an opportunity to interview 🙂

since andy reid, this is the 3rd straight hire of a HC who prefers a visor over a cap. 

Love this, respect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Procus said:

Word is that it will be John Gannon - DB coach for the Colts.  Apparently he's a hot name right now.

Key fail for the eagles- "Who HOWIE gets"- freeking let the coach pick his own staff. This is why the org is in shambles. Shi* like this.

• Like 1

I feel like the same could have been said about Pederson. No?

Another un named "source". How do you know that's not coming from someone like McDaniels? If you want your "analysis" taken seriously put your name on it. 

2 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

What do you know about him?

Glad it isn't McDaniels.  This guy seems to have been around the league a few years and been exposed to lots of different coaches and schemes.  The only thing that pops off the stats sheet is that the Colts offense ranked #2 in number of sacks allowed, yet ranked #10 in passing yards.  Great!  Welcome aboard!

So you telling me he gets a lot of production on offense from a team with a busted Oline? He is ideal if that is the case :D 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Key fail for the eagles- "Who HOWIE gets"- freeking let the coach pick his own staff. This is why the org is in shambles. Shi* like this.

On defense, it should be more collaborative with Howie and Lurie. on offense, i would agree with you.

And out pops McLane from his hole to feed the trolls (not @ShutDownDB) about the quality of the hire.....

1 hour ago, toolg said:

The word going around is Sirianni is a hard-worker:

...who will completely ignore this positive take, in favor of the negative.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CptPricey said:

Just happy it's not McDaniels 

Yeah, he would have been a mistake due to his interpersonal skills. 

2 minutes ago, mihailo said:

So you telling me he gets a lot of production on offense from a team with a busted Oline? He is ideal if that is the case :D 

Especially if Stout decides to go... all hail stout (he is too good for us)

6 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

And out pops McLane from his hole to feed the trolls (not @ShutDownDB) about the quality of the hire.....

Notice the positive has a real life name attached and the negative is yet another " un named source". Has McLane ever had anything but rumors to "report"?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

Doug got fired because the team wants to keep Wentz.  He won't go anywhere no matter who is the new HC is.  More than that, the new HC has to show he can work with Wentz before he gets the job. 

I don’t agree with your take. I think Doug got fired because the team needs to rebuild, and Doug wanted no part of that.

Also, working with a crappy know-it-all QB is not a very good job requirement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

Notice the positive has a real life name attached and the negative is yet another " un named source". Has McLane ever had anything but rumors to report?

No, but that doesn't stop the believers....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

It's important to have good flow though and this offense had no flow. So, if they have to check every faucet to make sure there is flow, then they should do it.  The dilemma is do you go with the one lever of two separate handles?

th?id=OIP.G65TLCzJHXqHSfsf1lFWrAHaFM&pid=Api&P=0&w=240&h=169th?id=OIP.hlOv2eCNNDd2vBFcsmHuywHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

This reminds me of the stupid tap layouts you find often in the UK, had them in my own house and it drives me crazy. In fact I think it suitably fits your analogy of how things were for the Eagles last season:

traditional-taps-edwards-and-co-bath-taps.jpg

When washing your hands you have to deliberate between burning or freezing them. There is no collaboration between them at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, mihailo said:

JAG to us uneducated/uninformed lot.

Thank you.

Amazing how folks assume that, since they've never heard of him, he must just some schmuck.  

6 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Pederson was the worst coaching hire in the league and he won a Super Bowl. So based on these comments Sirianni should win a few.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, vaff said:

I don’t agree with your take. I think Doug got fired because the team needs to rebuild, and Doug wanted no part of that.

Also, working with a crappy know-it-all QB is not a very good job requirement.

Doug got fired because he got tired of being told what to do by a numb-nut GM who's an absolute failure at his job.

• Like 2

Just now, BIGGSHAUN said:

Doug got fired because he got tired of being told what to do by a numb-nut GM who's an absolute failure at his job.

I don't think that was Howie. this was Lurie.

1 minute ago, jblah said:

I don't think that was Howie. this was Lurie.

Drafting has a lot to do with the GM, if not the team he made to draft were poor at their job.

2 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

I just hope they allow him some say on his staff. The fact they are blocking Fipp looks like they might be influencing him on his staff choices.

I would definitely give the DC job to Fipp, dude has something.

1 minute ago, BIGGSHAUN said:

Calling Howie an "absolute failure” when he won a Super Bowl as a GM, is pretty hyperbolic. I agree he should have been fired. But "absolute failure”, just isn’t true.

2 hours ago, Br3 said:

When’s the last time a young coach won a SB? 

Young in age or young in coaching?

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Duce needs to realize he is a RB coach with a made-up title of Associate HC 

He was part of the problem and as you said his resume just isn't strong enough to even warrant an OC position 

Duces own words - 

Staley said in August he wasn't disappointed he had been passed over three times.

"We all want to advance,'' Staley said. "You guys want to advance. That's life. But right now, I'm super happy in my role. Proud of my role. Being assistant head coach, running backs coach. I'm proud of that. Doug gives me things. Puts things on my plate. I'm thankful to him for having those opportunities. I'm excited for where I am and what I'm doing now.''
https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/whats-next-duce-staley-after-eagles-hire-nick-sirianni

The guy didn't seek the HC position, just like I have been telling you. To be a boss anywhere, you have to be a go getter and lobby for what you want. Duce didn't, and that alone shows he is not the man for the job. He didn't want it, never has.

Basically after 15 people someone said yes to Wentz?

• Like 1