Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as Head Coach (Colts OC)

Portyansky

2 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Possibly, but even to consult with it makes sense to have a more seasoned OC with him. 

Exactly, just like it helped Doug when first hired.  It was obvious how much better the offense was in 2016-2017 when Reich was here compared to the years after with Groh and basically Taylor (both completely inexperienced) serving in those roles.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

The key to me no matter who Lurie and rosemary chose is how well the coach works with roseman and how involved howie and Lurie will be with every faucet of the team 

Lurie and Howie moonlighting as plumbers?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Lurie and Howie moonlighting as plumbers?  

It's important to have good flow though and this offense had no flow. So, if they have to check every faucet to make sure there is flow, then they should do it.  The dilemma is do you go with the one lever of two separate handles?

th?id=OIP.G65TLCzJHXqHSfsf1lFWrAHaFM&pid=Api&P=0&w=240&h=169th?id=OIP.hlOv2eCNNDd2vBFcsmHuywHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Utebird said:

The key to me no matter who Lurie and rosemary chose is how well the coach works with roseman and how involved howie and Lurie will be with every faucet of the team 

If Lurie stays out of drafting and howie stays out of game day decisions and let Siri hire his own staff then siri could have a chance.

If howie and Lurie continue to meddle and dictate to the coach his every move I imagine it will eventually lead to a frustrated coach with a group of discombobulated staff.

The problem being Howie still gets to draft. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

They could have interviewed him during the Chiefs first round bye...

Nice try

Doug hadn't been fired

1 hour ago, DBW said:

He’s a visor guy.  Visor guys are winners.  

I'm a visor guy, wore a visor everyday for the 7 years I coached ball, I'm a strong believer in the positive influence of the visor😁

• Like 2

The only problem right away I see is that this makes it obvious that Howie is still gonna be 100 percent in charge of the draft with little input probably. Ug. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

He's probably going to be calling plays himself anyway. The OC is just going to assist.  So it's a good way to see if Duce has what it takes while learning the role. 

OK, so let's hire me to be the OC then, since it isn't a real job. 

Enough of the insane Duce worship among this fanbase.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

So saying give the guy a shot is worship now? 

Just now, vikas83 said:

OK, so let's hire me to be the OC then, since it isn't a real job. 

And Duce may cause division in the locker room with guys wanting him as the HC. He needs to go, develop new relationships, and coach somewhere else. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Hopefully Frank Reich gave him the cheat codes to Wentz.

FB_IMG_1611255801507.jpg

Great post."The cheat codes"- gotta love that. :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

So saying give the guy a shot is worship now? 

What in the hell has he done to show he deserves one?

We need an experienced OC to help Sirianni. We need a Reich to Sirianni as Doug. 

What we don't need is promoting a guy to a job that no one else would hire him for because he's been hanging around for almost a decade. That's how bad organizations make decisions.

I just got in. I didn't see this one coming. I have to read all your comments and get caught up, read some articles, etc. I didn't even see this name in the mix- I guess I wasn't looking for his name. I heard it on the radio that he is the Eagles coach, and i am like... Who? What? Gotta get caught up. See you in an hour or so. 

Initial reaction: who?

After a few minutes to digest the hiring: curious to see who he assembles as part of his staff, hoping he's open-minded enough to always be considerate of changes. Dougie seemed to have gotten too big-headed after winning a Super Bowl.

I'm willing to give him a chance. The last time the Eagles hired a guy who wasn't really on anyone's radar, he stuck around for fourteen years and became the winningest coach in franchise history.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

What in the hell has he done to show he deserves one?

We need an experienced OC to help Sirianni. We need a Reich to Sirianni as Doug. 

What we don't need is promoting a guy to a job that no one else would hire him for because he's been hanging around for almost a decade. That's how bad organizations make decisions.

Obviously he's done something right to survive two coaching changes. He has the respect of the locker room so that's a plus. Nowhere did I say he would be a home run. But he deserves his shot. He did enough to impress the owner. He was one of the finals in the running for HC. 

2 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

I hope the reporters call him "Siri' and that a lot of people's cell phones start answering questions. The entertainment value would be over the top.  But, he does fit the typical Lurie hire as HC, a guy under the radar and not on a lot of people's list.

Siri, it is! :D

Not the sexy pick, but I'll take it and get behind the hire.  Good luck, Coach....you will need it with this group of f'ing idiots.

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Wonder if Siri wowed Lurie with voluminous notes.  

Siri has shi* on Lurie. Howie now has even more job security.

2 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Not the sexy pick, but I'll take it and get behind the hire.  Good luck, Coach....you will need it with this group of trolls.

God help him if he turns down a interview request from the philly sports media. We will start hearing "stories" about beating dogs and shooting up in the locker room. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MagicMoment said:

Hopefully this makes trading Wentz to Indy easier. 

Not happening.  Frank Reich has zero interest in the diva per the connected Indy reporter who was just on WIP to talk about the new coach.

If Frank Reich doesn't want him...

2 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Waiting for all the TATE expert hot takes on a guy we never heard of...

Haha, we do it every time. Some of us like to think we make somewhat of an educated decision based on reports and opinions, although clouded by our fandom. Those sources aren't very reliable and have their own agendas at the end of the day, so we can only do our best with what we got ;)

35 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

No. Let's make a clean break. The only way Duce should stay is as RB coach. But since he won't keep the assistant head coach title, it's time for him to move on...if anyone wants him. He would be best served trying to be an OC in college.

Why would Duce leave now?  He's probably Lowie's spy in the coaching staff at this point having been here under 3 different head coaches already.

If Lowie tries to keep him we'll know its true.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

One of the reasons people didnt want Duce is because no one else interviewed him. Wonder what they think of this guy who was a JAG a couple days ago.

JAG to us uneducated/uninformed lot.