Deshaun Watson (Texans QB) -- TRADED TO CLEVELAND

eaglesfan0075

2 hours ago, rickospia said:

Watson has to many off the field legal problems .

Accused, not convicted of... The Eagles can't afford him in any way, even without those accusations.

On 9/30/2021 at 1:58 PM, What The F said:

Lets take a look at this a little.. 

Eagles last 8 first round picks..

Smith

Reagor

Dillard

Barnett

Wentz

Agholor

Marcus Smith 

Aside from D.Smith, id likely trade ANY combo of 3 of those players for Watson. If this was a GOOD drafting team, maybe I wouldnt think that way. But since Howie cant evaluate talent on his own, and Watson is PROVEN, id make the trade....  

DeMarco Murray and Nnamdi Asomugha were PROVEN too ......

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Godfather said:

A lot of speculation he's going to Miami before the deadline

There is and it baffles me, there's no way a team is going to trade for a guy who is facing criminal investigation for sexual assault, even one of those cases sticks and his career is done and your first round draft picks for the next 3 years are gone.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

There is and it baffles me, there's no way a team is going to trade for a guy who is facing criminal investigation for sexual assault, even one of those cases sticks and his career is done and your first round draft picks for the next 3 years are gone.

This case to me is a lot of "he said she said." I have yet to see or hear of any actual evidence. I don't agree or condone this behavior but Miami must be comfortable enough trading for him with whatever facts they have. Just to throw this out there, he isn't on the exempt list and is eligible to play

3 minutes ago, Godfather said:

This case to me is a lot of "he said she said." I have yet to see or hear of any actual evidence. I don't agree or condone this behavior but Miami must be comfortable enough trading for him with whatever facts they have. Just to throw this out there, he isn't on the exempt list and is eligible to play

As I said yesterday, the only reason he is not suspended is because the Texans have not tried to activate him on game day.  The second the Texans, or any other team tries to activate him, he will go on the commissioner's exempt list.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

As I said yesterday, the only reason he is not suspended is because the Texans have not tried to activate him on game day.  The second the Texans, or any other team tries to activate him, he will go on the commissioner's exempt list.

I wouldn't doubt it. Would make sense on Miami's part to trade for him in the offseason

8 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I wouldn't doubt it. Would make sense on Miami's part to trade for him in the offseason

But if you get him now, force the NFL's hand, then he gets a time served suspension once this is all sorted out and he starts week 1 next year.

Just now, downundermike said:

But if you get him now, force the NFL's hand, then he gets a time served suspension once this is all sorted out and he starts week 1 next year.

NFL slaps him with a 10 game the union gets it down to 6 and he plays this year. Possible

"However, Texans reporter Aaron Wilson is reporting that Watson has made it clear that he does not want to play for the Philadelphia Eagles.

"At one point, Philadelphia was really aggressive in this, to the point where Howie Roseman had even contacted Deshaun’s legal team, he sent an investigator down here… He had done a lot of leg work on this. Eventually what he ascertained, and I reported this back in August and late July as well, was that Deshaun wouldn’t waive his no trade clause for the Eagles,” Wilson reiterated on "The Zach Gelb Show” on CBS Sports Radio.”

https://theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/18508/Report--Deshaun-Watson--doesn-t-want-to-play--for-the-Philadelphia-Eagles

Dude wants no part of the Eagles or this fan base. He wants no part of that kind of scrutiny. I’m sure the feeling is mutual for most of us too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just do it.  Plan on him not seeing the field until next year and know you have a franchise QB in the wings.  Give yourself 11 months to build something around him. 

On 10/25/2021 at 12:49 PM, What The F said:

Just do it.  Plan on him not seeing the field until next year and know you have a franchise QB in the wings.  Give yourself 11 months to build something around him. 

What are you building with? You sent all of your picks away to get him. 

Trading for a guy who hasn't been cleared of criminal sexual assault is ridiculous from a team and football standpoint and grotesque from a basic human decency standpoint, it'd be a new low for football.

You can flame me all you want for holding that view but to me stuff like this should matter, it's amazing to me honestly that people should need to actually say that this is a line in the sand.

He's going to Miami. As soon as Goodell makes his decision on whatever/if any punishment, until become official 

Why the F**** are Eagles obsessed with D Watson, the guy doesn't want to be here...Hasn't Eagles learnt anything from the Ben Simmons saga ? He also doesn't want to be here and how's that working out ??? God Eagles are DUMB... Roseman will ruin this team to the point of no return....

1 hour ago, Jeep_man said:

Why the F**** are Eagles obsessed with D Watson, the guy doesn't want to be here...Hasn't Eagles learnt anything from the Ben Simmons saga ? He also doesn't want to be here and how's that working out ??? God Eagles are DUMB... Roseman will ruin this team to the point of no return....

He isn't coming here.  He has a no trade clause (that he just recently waived only for the Dolphins):

Report: Deshaun Watson has waived his no-trade clause only for the Dolphins

Posted by Mike Florio on October 27, 2021, 10:24 AM EDT

The two teams most likely to land quarterback Deshaun Watson are the Dolphins and the Panthers. As explained on Sunday, it comes down to whether Watson will waive his no-trade clause for one or both of those teams.

In a tweet that seems like it was very carefully worded, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Panthers "are not expected to pursue” Watson "at this time,” because Watson "has only waived his no-trade clause for the Dolphins.”

While I won’t doubt the technical accuracy of the notion that Watson has only waived his no-trade clause for the Dolphins, it’s still possible that he’ll waive it for the Panthers, if the deal with the Dolphins doesn’t fully materialize.

Moreover, the Panthers are indeed pursuing Watson. They want him to waive the no-trade clause for Carolina. They want to acquire his services from the Texans. But, for reasons that likely will become apparent if/when a deal is done, they are second in line behind the Dolphins.

Basically, the Dolphins, Texans, and Watson have dibs on getting something accomplished. If it doesn’t happen, the Panthers will get a chance. For now, the Panthers are in the batter’s box. But they remain on deck.

Given the possibility that they won’t get a chance to take a swing at landing Watson, they need to create the impression that they’re not in the hunt. If they’re not in the hunt, they’ll never fail in their effort to get him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/27/report-deshaun-watson-has-waived-his-no-trade-clause-only-for-the-dolphins/

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Trading for a guy who hasn't been cleared of criminal sexual assault is ridiculous from a team and football standpoint and grotesque from a basic human decency standpoint, it'd be a new low for football.

You can flame me all you want for holding that view but to me stuff like this should matter, it's amazing to me honestly that people should need to actually say that this is a line in the sand.

Innocent until proven guilty 

18 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I don’t think he’s been charged criminally. I think it’s just a civil matter at this point. It might just be a money grab from a bunch of massage therapists who felt they should be paid more for a "happy ending”. 

• Like 2

On 10/21/2021 at 11:03 AM, Godfather said:

A lot of speculation he's going to Miami before the deadline

Miami is the only team he will give up his no trade clause for right now good  luck with that .

18 hours ago, rickospia said:

Miami is the only team he will give up his no trade clause for right now good  luck with that .

But wait a min, another EMB user said his friend is good friends with Watson and they talk all the time. he mentioned that just a few weeks ago when his buddy was talking to Watson that he jumped on the call and asked him directly if he would accept a trade to the Eagles and Watson said YES.

Your not calling that EMB user a lair are you? Come on he has to be telling the truth right? 

:) LOL

2 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

But wait a min, another EMB user said his friend is good friends with Watson and they talk all the time. he mentioned that just a few weeks ago when his buddy was talking to Watson that he jumped on the call and asked him directly if he would accept a trade to the Eagles and Watson said YES.

Your not calling that EMB user a lair are you? Come on he has to be telling the truth right? 

I am telling you whats in Watson contract which is a No Trade CLAUSE & he will go to any team but Miami right now !

🙂 LOL

5 hours ago, rickospia said:

I guess that post went way over your head, lol 

Rumor is that the Dolphins already have a deal in place with the Texans, just waiting to hear back from Goodell with regards to length of suspension, wanting re-assurance about specific length of time he's expected to be out. They are the only team Watson dropped his no-trade clause for so far. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-reportedly-have-agreed-to-terms-with-houston-on-watson-trade-but-issues-remain

3 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Rumor is that the Dolphins already have a deal in place with the Texans, just waiting to hear back from Goodell with regards to length of suspension, wanting re-assurance about specific length of time he's expected to be out. They are the only team Watson dropped his no-trade clause for so far. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-reportedly-have-agreed-to-terms-with-houston-on-watson-trade-but-issues-remain

I mean to me... The idea that Watson is only willing to drop his no trade clause to go to Miami says something about him. Miami are not a good team and haven't been a good team for a long time now. He just wants to go and live in Miami.