Does Carson Wentz need to speak. Update: Carson posted goodbye on Instagram

Does Carson Wentz need to speak on the situation  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Does Carson Wentz need to speak on the situation

• No. He is under contract and I expect him to be an Eagle in 2021.
    • No. The speculation tells me he wants out and I don't need confirmation
    • Yes. I know he will be here, but want him to stop the rumors
    • Yes. Own it that you want out.
    • Don't care if he speaks at all, regardless of his intentions.

2 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Like I said, if he is unsure or just plain wants out, something like this works just fine.

'it was a tough season for me and the team and we are evaluating things moving forward with a new coach and hope that we can work things out and get back to being a winning franchise'' blah blah blah.''

Wentz believes he should be the leader, (some argue they want their QB to feel that way), saying he is in competition and being evaluated can harm his stock.

I think Wentz wants out.

I think the Eagles want him out.

Both sides probably agreed that he stay quiet so not to hurt his trade value.

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I think Wentz wants out.

I think the Eagles want him out.

Both sides probably agreed that he stay quiet so not to hurt his trade value.

But a few guys on the EMB demand he speak! 

:lol:

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

But a few guys on the EMB demand he speak! 

:lol:

They seem to be the ones throwing a hissy fit. 

• Like 2

I would prefer the answer:

No. The season is over. He's off the clock. Let the guy spend time with his family and forget about work drama so he can gather his thoughts calmly, reflect, and make sure he's honest with (and about)  himself. 

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I would prefer the answer:

No. The season is over. He's off the clock. Let the guy spend time with his family and forget about work drama so he can gather his thoughts calmly, reflect, and make sure he's honest with (and about)  himself. 

This is exactly what he is doing right now.  It is the players off time and he has a new child.

I want him to speak and admit he wants out. 

I also want Doug to speak and tell us how bad Roseman and the front office are.

18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

This is exactly what he is doing right now.  It is the players off time and he has a new child.

For the others, you might want to add:

Yes. He should be doing pushups in his driveway and speaking his mind. He should have his own message board and type in all-caps. 

• Haha 2

Came to read the Carson Wentz circle jerk. I think I’ll go get some popcorn. You guys are entertaining. 😂🤣😂

Oh and for the record Carson doesn’t need to speak. Who needs to hear from a backup quarterback anyway right? 😂🤣😂

1 hour ago, mihailo said:

Wentz believes he should be the leader, (some argue they want their QB to feel that way), saying he is in competition and being evaluated can harm his stock.

Oh Fing well. Him being the worst starting QB in the NFL this season is what hurt his stock, the team, and put him in this position. This is exactly the problem, Wentz and his fan boys putting what's best for him above the rest of the team and the franchise itself.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Came to read the Carson Wentz circle jerk. I think I’ll go get some popcorn. You guys are entertaining. 😂🤣😂

You can't even make up some of these excuses for him. He played horribly, the team had a horrible season, and he lost his starting spot. Two of the most respected NFL insiders reported weeks ago he wants out. The coach got fired, a new coach was hired, and it's radio silence from Wentz. This is the supposed face of the franchise. It's ok though, it's the offseason and his downtime so he doesn't need to speak. You have to wonder if people making these pathetic excuses for him realize how stupid they look.

• Like 1

Eventually whether he wants to stay or go will come out.  Might be a week from now or a month or 3 months.  He cant sit and hide in North Dakota forever.  

2 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

You can't even make up some of these excuses for him. He played horribly, the team had a horrible season, and he lost his starting spot. Two of the most respected NFL insiders reported weeks ago he wants out. The coach got fired, a new coach was hired, and it's radio silence from Wentz. This is the supposed face of the franchise. It's ok though, it's the offseason and his downtime so he doesn't need to speak. You have to wonder if people making these pathetic excuses for him realize how stupid they look.

I don’t know how a guy who won for games and was ranked 34th in passer rating has so many blind loyalist, but they sure do love to defend their Wentzypoo. 😂

50 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

I want him to speak and admit he wants out. 

I also want Doug to speak and tell us how bad Roseman and the front office are.

That would be career suicide for Doug, and remember he’s getting paid 5 mil by the Eagles to just sit home. Frankly you don’t need Doug to admit what you can already clearly see. 

He could you guys do a poll on how many coaches and coordinators need to be fired before we can start saying Wentz is part of the problem? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t know how a guy who won for games and was ranked 34th in passer rating has so many blind loyalist, but they sure do love to defend their Wentzypoo. 😂

Maybe it's the zero playoff wins in five years that they like so much.

4 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Maybe it's the zero playoff wins in five years that they like so much.

Apparently playoff victories or basic effectiveness at the quarterback position aren’t necessary prerequisites for playing quarterback in Philadelphia anymore as long as you name is Wentz. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Apparently playoff victories or basic effectiveness at the quarterback position aren’t necessary prerequisites for playing quarterback in Philadelphia anymore as long as you name is

Wentz

Were you around for the McNabb era. He was killed by the media and fans in Philly for his play on the field and personality. He accomplished five times as much as Wentz did through five years and got about five times the crap.

21 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I'm not gonna sit here and defend him because he looked and played awful.

But I'm sure there are many coaches across the league that think Doug didnt know what he's doing and they can make him a good QB.

• Like 1

Just now, 315Eagles said:

I'm not gonna sit here and defend him because he looked and played awful.

But I'm sure there are many coaches across the league that think Doug didnt know what he's doing and they can make him a good QB.

Sure, and there were also several coaches who thought they could turn Sam Bradford into a franchise QB.

What you want him to say?

Doug has proven he can win without me? Now I wanna prove I can win without him?

First and foremost I gotta be better? It starts with me?

Whatever ever other garbage he normally said this year after a loss.

Who cares what he says. It's all "politically correct" garbage. 

Just now, T-1000 said:

Sure, and there were also several coaches who thought they could turn Sam Bradford into a franchise QB.

Yup and Bradford got several opportunities to prove it.  Wentz will get the same.

Just now, 315Eagles said:

Yup and Bradford got several opportunities to prove it.  Wentz will get the same.

I agree, which is EXACTLY why he will get traded. NFL teams are desperate for QB's. This isn't the greatest QB draft after TL, and there are a few teams who need a QB that aren't in the top 10 of the draft. People can bring up Goff all they want but there is one major difference. While Goff didn't have the horrible season that Wentz did, a lot of people view him as a system QB and a guy with a limited ceiling. Wentz has every physical attribute NFL GM's are looking for with the size, athletic ability, and arm strength. All it takes is one team, I think if Howie plays this properly he can get two or three teams bidding on him and get a mid to late 1, or a 2 and a 4. Howie sucks at drafting but he has only been in his wheelhouse with trades.