Ertz trade talk

DBW

8 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

Wait,  there was a question mark,  a question,  and I answered the question.  Not sure what is being meant here.

No, the UK guy often times end his sentences with a "?" without the sentence asking a question?

Just like the sentence above?

And the sentence above.

3 hours ago, EagleVA said:

No, the UK guy often times end his sentences with a "?" without the sentence asking a question?

And the sentence above.

Cool.  I didn't go and look back. 

I might as well have an opinion about Ertz trade talk.   He definitely was good there.  Now, he seems to be expensive, and expensive is not something good this year,  with the Eagles being so far over the cap.

Also,   the Eagles have (now) TE Tyree Jackson,  who has excellent height (6'7)  weight (249) and speed (4.59 combine 40).  And it would not be a surprise at all if they were looking at Pitts with the 6 pick.  It remains to be seen whether QB Tyree Jackson will be a good NFL TE (the numbers are there) or whether the Eagles get Pitts,  but it looks like the Eagles have the potential to actually get better at TE, despite losing a quality TE, because of cost.    In terms of a trade,  I think the Eagles could get a day 3 pick.  Possibly day 2.  4th round?  3rd round?  Hard to tell in this covid context. 

As I understand it, if the Eagles can get under the cap without moving Ertz,  moving Ertz later might provide more substantial cap benefits?  Perhaps they can save $8 M or something like that if they move him after 6/1 maybe?  But can only save $4 Million before 3/17?  The numbers aren't right,  but you get the idea,  bigger cap savings later,  means that the Eagles could spend a little more money somewhere. 

4 hours ago, EagleVA said:

And the sentence above.

That's because he's a post **** who asks dumb questions or comments with question marks at the end that aren't even questions to get his post count up. 

On 2/27/2021 at 4:57 AM, John Blutarski said:

That's because he's a post **** who asks dumb questions or comments with question marks at the end that aren't even questions to get his post count up. 

That’s so weird?

On 2/25/2021 at 6:50 AM, Random Reglar said:

I saw a sentence with a question mark at the end of it, and I came up with a truthful response.  I understood that you were trying to go somewhere with what you were saying.

Lamar Jackson and the Ravens have had good results with the record breaking run first offense with running QBs.   I think the Eagles should do something similar with basically the players they have and I think they too would have similar results.

Running QBs make the Super Bowl and win the Super Bowl at a 4 times greater rate than QBs drafted in the first round,  when looking at QBs drafted in 2009 or later. 

Nobody planned for a season to be played with empty stadiums,  that's a financial hit.  Cap goes down,  black swan event, and teams are having to do things they don't want to do because of cap problems.   From the situation the Eagles are in now,  run first with running QBs,  duplication or partial duplication with modifications of what the Ravens are doing seems like it would work for the Eagles.    Hurts ran 18 times for 108 yards and the Eagles won.  Every other game he ran fewer times for fewer yards and lost.  Run more.  More designed run plays.   With Ward Tate and Jackson,  more run plays,  them running outside,  one read and run.    Or what Washington did with Logan Thomas a couple of times,  Thomas in motion, gets under center, takes the snap and runs.   Pretty simple plays,  but not too commonly seen,  innovation. 

200.gif

Eagles likely to release Ertz now that N.O. just released Jared Cook. Suddenly FA TE's are aplenty. 

8 minutes ago, What The F said:

Eagles likely to release Ertz now that N.O. just released Jared Cook. Suddenly FA TE's are aplenty. 

yep should have traded him during the season, seemed to be the consensus around here. Now its too late to get anything

6 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

yep should have traded him during the season, seemed to be the consensus around here. Now its too late to get anything

Should.of traded him before the season... His value would of been garbage during the season with how he played and was injured

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Should.of traded him before the season... His value would of been garbage during the season with how he played and was injured

Agreed... but they didnt. 

21 minutes ago, What The F said:

Rudolph as well.

Both Rudolph and Cook are a tier under Ertz. Neither have had the production that Zach did. Zach still has a market for anyone wanting that piece that could get them a step closer to a SB. A few teams might not take that chance and still pull the trigger. 

Does not mean that the value did not decrease though. 

It would not even surprise me if the Eagles did something crazy like restructure his final year or even add a year in and move the numbers to reduce this years number and keep him. I think Ertz would be thrilled with that situation to be honest. Not saying I would do that, just saying it would not shock me if that happened. 

So they could pull that hoping he plays better and trade him during the season or next year. OR if he plays well and he moves on it could up his contract value to improve his Comp pick back to the Eagles. 

2 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Both Rudolph and Cook are a tier under Ertz. Neither have had the production that Zach did. Zach still has a market for anyone wanting that piece that could get them a step closer to a SB. A few teams might not take that chance and still pull the trigger. 

It would not even surprise me if the Eagles did something crazy like restructure his final year or even add a year in and move the numbers to reduce this years number and keep him. I think Ertz would be thrilled with that situation to be honest. Not saying I would do that, just saying it would not shock me if that happened. 

So they could pull that hoping he plays better and trade him during the season or next year. OR if he plays well and he moves on it could up his contract value to improve his Comp pick back to the Eagles. 

Why he would be thrilled with that? He wants more money not the money left on his deal spread out to another year. 

You gotta prepare yourself for him being cut for nothing in the very near future. 

47 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Yep, he's going to be released. Nobody is trading for him.

the market for him will magically materialize after he is cut. 

14 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Rudolph has as many TD's as Ertz over the last 8 years, Cook has two less, their yardages are lower but then they've never been the primary receiver in the way the Eagles TE has been the last 4 years, how would Ertz have done in Minnie with Thielen, Diggs and now Jefferson in a receiver driven passing offense?  Better or about the same?

I've said it before but whenever we've had to rely on our 3rd string TE the last few years they've been able to hold up, because our TE reception numbers are driven by the scheme rather than the individual player, Ertz is very good, you have to be to make an NFL roster for 8 years, but he isn't on the same level as a guy like Kelce or Kittle.

15 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

The way it was reported, he was really unhappy with the offer from the Eagles from the get-go, so he was hoping for that last big contract (maybe?) and got offered way less..

These things rarely mend well. Especially with the GM still in place (which I like.)

On 2/26/2021 at 10:24 PM, PoconoDon said:

The decision seems easy to me. Take what you can get for Ertz now. 

right.  this team has a lot of needs.  tight end is not one of them.

4 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Rudolph has as many TD's as Ertz over the last 8 years, Cook has two less, their yardages are lower but then they've never been the primary receiver in the way the Eagles TE has been the last 4 years, how would Ertz have done in Minnie with Thielen, Diggs and now Jefferson in a receiver driven passing offense?  Better or about the same?

I've said it before but whenever we've had to rely on our 3rd string TE the last few years they've been able to hold up, because our TE reception numbers are driven by the scheme rather than the individual player, Ertz is very good, you have to be to make an NFL roster for 8 years, but he isn't on the same level as a guy like Kelce or Kittle.

I don't like to match up touchdown to because the Eagles in the Red Zone have been horrible. I'm not saying I want to keep Zach. I actually wanted to move him last year. It's just something that popped up in my head that I thought would they really actually try to do something like that? I actually think they would try it LOL. That's how crazy they are.

As for him not being happy with the situation Etc. I'm not sure about that. You look pretty damn upset that last day and he had to clear out his locker. I think he wants to stay in Philly more than anything but if we don't offer on that contract which we should not time for him to go. But I don't buy the he's not happy and wants to leave. 

3 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

I don't like to match up touchdown to because the Eagles in the Red Zone have been horrible. I'm not saying I want to keep Zach. I actually wanted to move him last year. It's just something that popped up in my head that I thought would they really actually try to do something like that? I actually think they would try it LOL. That's how crazy they are.

As for him not being happy with the situation Etc. I'm not sure about that. You look pretty damn upset that last day and he had to clear out his locker. I think he wants to stay in Philly more than anything but if we don't offer on that contract which we should not time for him to go. But I don't buy the he's not happy and wants to leave. 

Didn't he and Howie have a rather public discussion about his contract or related topic? I'd guess that has something to do with his not wanting to be here.

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I'm really surprised they aren't just waiting for the inevitable release

35 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

How.is that suprising? There are going to be teams that need a player like him and don't want to lose out  or over pay in the free agent market. 

54 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Because if there are multiple teams wanting him, they may not get him. If it was just one team wanting him then what you said makes sense.

41 minutes ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

More Roseman spin to create a fake trade market for Ertz. 

I was also going to say we heard this exact thing about Wentz, but I do believe Ertz will have a better market

Archived