Eagles trade pick #6 and #156 to Miami for pick #12, #123, and a 2022 1st

Jenkins27

Just now, PhillyRockd said:

Where was Jefferson drafted last year? Hmmm

Also understand the Eagles have shown us absolutely nothing for us to think they can find premiere talent outside of the top 10. As you can see they passed up Justin Jefferson and the year before passed up DK Metcalf. This year was going to be tougher to pass up talent because it was staring you right in your face. 

Are they trying to make the fans not give a crap? Cause well done then

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

We got a franchise QB in the second round. That he exposed Wentz to be a weak bum is not making this a bad pick.

It's not even that bad of a roster when healthy. And yeah, this was not the year to spend big in FA. This is about value too, not just throwing money around like the idiot Giants.

We got a franchise QB who the Eagles don't feel is a franchise QB. Its moronic. And the roster sucks. Just look at the rest of the league...hell look at the rest of the NFC Least. We can't no longer say the Giants and Redskins are the bottom feeders talent wise because they aren't. They both have superior defenses to the Eagles. And offensively...they have more playmakers than the Eagles. 

1 minute ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

Also understand the Eagles have shown us absolutely nothing for us to think they can find premiere talent outside of the top 10. As you can see they passed up Justin Jefferson and the year before passed up DK Metcalf. This year was going to be tougher to pass up talent because it was staring you right in your face. 

Feel free to join the Cowboys. They are oh so awesome drafting and win the super bowl every year (until the season starts).

I’m surprised so many hate this trade. I love this trade for the Eagles personally. Gives them so much flexibility going forward to repair this team, and we still stay in top 15 with a shot at a really good player. It’s also still possible, unlikely sure, that either Chase or Pitts could fall to the Eagles.

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

We didn't even get an extra pick.......

They did. A first rounder next year. 

Just now, RICWOOFLAIR said:

We got a franchise QB who the Eagles don't feel is a franchise QB. Its moronic. And the roster sucks. Just look at the rest of the league...hell look at the rest of the NFC Least. We can't no longer say the Giants and Redskins are the bottom feeders talent wise because they aren't. They both have superior defenses to the Eagles. And offensively...they have more playmakers than the Eagles. 

And you know that they don't think he's the franchise because? some idiots on youtube? Some rumors?

everything they did says they believe in Hurts. I judge their actions, not shady rumors.

1 minute ago, Infam said:

Feel free to join the Cowboys. They are oh so awesome drafting and win the super bowl every year (until the season starts).

That's the go to. You talk about your frustrations with this team and its "Oh join another fanbase". Just enabling the hell out of this front office and you wonder why Howie has never been fired......

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

The cap space is based on the pre covid projection for the 2022 cap of 203 million.  Lets say they inflate it to 215 million, that means the Eagles then have 38 million in cap space.

The part you are missing, is Howie negatively impacted whatever the cap space by 48 million dollars in 2022, and 35.9 million in 2023 with his kicking the can down the road act.

Whatever the cap is, it does not change where we rank in cap space.

23rd in 2022, 27th in 2023, 22nd in 2024.

Again why does it matter other then to complain?

You are concerned about numbers that are far off in the future that are not set in stone, that can fluctuate dramatically and have no bearing on what happens today.

IMHO the Eagles (and any team) should be using every bit of salary cap they have. It does nothing for you but sit there.

6 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

The one thing to be excited about and now we aren't even top ten and we didn't even get an extra pick.fire Howie! Now!

Totally. 

Getting hyped with watching Chase or Pitts clips on YT. Now we're stuck with trying to get lucky and having someone drop instead of being in a position to take the best guy available. 

33 minutes ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

Smith MIGHT be yes but that's praying and hoping for a miracle that a top 5 pick gets that low. He's projected to be the 1st non-QB taken in this draft. So we shall see. 

Seems like at this point most have Chase, Pitts and even Waddle going before Smith.

I would think at least one and maybe 2 of those 4 will be there at 12.

That's the go to. You talk about your frustrations with this team and its "Oh join another fanbase". Just enabling the hell out of this front office and you wonder why Howie has never been fired......

Fired for what? Because YOU don't like the team? I do. 

But i know the likes of you. If the Eagles are on fire you will wait until anything goes bad so you can cry again.

1 minute ago, Infam said:

And you know that they don't think he's the franchise because? some idiots on youtube? Some rumors?

everything they did says they believe in Hurts. I judge their actions, not shady rumors.

Some idiots on Youtube? Ian Rappaport posted it. You can hate him if you want to but he's not some idiot on Youtube and is fed information straight from the source. Chose to be naive if you want to.....

Some idiots on Youtube? Ian Rappaport posted it. You can hate him if you want to but he's not some idiot on Youtube and is fed information straight from the source. Chose to be naive if you want to.....

Backtracked it minutes later. But i guess it's too good a story for the haters to let go. Again: Look at their actions. Tells you all you need to know.

3 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Again why does it matter other then to complain?

You are concerned about numbers that are far off in the future that are not set in stone, that can fluctuate dramatically and have no bearing on what happens today.

IMHO the Eagles (and any team) should be using every bit of salary cap they have. It does nothing for you but sit there.

Fact.  We have 73 million in 2022 cap space 3 weeks ago.  Now we have 25 million.

It does not bother you that Howie had to shave 48.2 million off the 2022 cap space, while not adding any players to the roster for that year ??

4 minutes ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

They did. A first rounder next year. 

O. My bad. But still ug

If thttps://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-trade-nfl-draft-12-6-jalen-hurts-zach-wilson

If there were any doubts before that Jalen Hurts would be the Eagles’ quarterback in 2021, there isn’t anymore.

The Eagles, after reportedly failing to move up in the draft to position themselves for a run at BYU QB Zach Wilson, traded the 6th pick to the Dolphins in exchange for this year’s 12th pick and the Dolphins’ 1st-round pick in next year’s draft.

The Eagles’ also acquired the Dolphins’ 4th-round pick in this year’s draft.

The Dolphins had just acquired the 12th pick from the 49ers in a trade that saw Miami ship No. 3 overall to San Francisco. The Dolphins acquired the 49ers’ 2022 and 2023 1st-round picks.

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported that the Eagles tried to get up to No. 3 to take Wilson but that he was the only QB they were interested in, and when those efforts failed there was no reason to remain in the top 10.

With a quarterback off the table, the Eagles’ attention for the 12th pick goes to one of the top remaining receivers or one of the top cornerbacks.

And while the Eagles may now be out of contention for a Kyle Pitts or Ja’Marr Chase, the run on quarterbacks will push some non-QBs who might have been top-10 guys into the Eagles’ range.

Certainly if the Eagles are earmarking a cornerback, they would presumably have a shot at one of the top three at No. 12 - South Carolina’s Jaycee Horn, Alabama’s Patrick Surtain and Virginia Tech’s Caleb Farley.

Just now, downundermike said:

Fact.  We have 73 million in 2022 cap space 3 weeks ago.  Now we have 25 million.

It does not bother you that Howie had to shave 48.2 million off the 2022 cap space, while not adding any players to the roster for that year ??

Doesn't bother me one bit. It's a non-issue no matter how hard you try to create a problem that doesn't exist.

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Seems like at this point most have Chase, Pitts and even Waddle going before Smith.

I would think at least one and maybe 2 of those 4 will be there at 12.

Most mocks I've seen have Pitts, Chase and Smith going top 10....I think I've seen a few have Chase going to the Giants....

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

Backtracked it minutes later. But i guess it's too good a story for the haters to let go. Again: Look at their actions. Tells you all you need to know.

Of course he backtracked it. He completely screwed over the Eagless there. But make no mistaken Ian Rappaport doesn't lie and he's very credible. And btw, he "backtracked" it by saying the Eagles were very high on Zack Wilson. Not really a backtrack. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/nfl-draft-10-possible-targets-after-eagles-trade-back-no-12

My guess: Howie will Pick Caleb Fraley the guy who is coming off back surgery and hasn't played.

Eagles fans spent the last few weeks arguing Kyle Pitts vs. Ja’Marr Chase.

And now the Eagles traded out of range for both of them.

The Eagles on Friday moved down from the No. 6 pick in the draft to No. 12 in a trade with the Miami Dolphins.

Eagles got: No. 12, No. 123 and 2022 first-rounder

Dolphins got: No. 6, No. 156

Now, could Pitts or Chase possibly fall into the Eagles’ range at No. 12? Sure … anything is possible. But that seems unlikely. With that in mind, here are 10 possible prospects for the Eagles with their new first-rounder:

1 minute ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

Most mocks I've seen have Pitts, Chase and Smith going top 10....I think I've seen a few have Chase going to the Giants....

I think Waddle might be there, but he seems to share Reagor's traits, so not sure about the fit. 

Looks like CB is the pick. 

Of course he backtracked it. He completely screwed over the Eagless there. But make no mistaken Ian Rappaport doesn't lie and he's very credible. And btw, he "backtracked" it by saying the Eagles were very high on Zack Wilson. Not really a backtrack. 

It's a total BS story to begin with. As if they only want this one guy and then try to trade to three. Doesn't even make sense.

Total backtrack btw. "were high on him some time ago." Just laughable.

Giants are already stacked at WR. Same with the Cowboys at 10 and Broncos at 9.  Panthers at 8 will likely go QB.  Lions at 7 could go WR.  Dolphins could at 6 but OT makes sense for them as well.  Bengals should go OT.  Falcons at 4 could go Pitts but WR doesn't make sense for them. 

Archived